CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workout Schedule

+25
Karyn
Gado-Gado Gal
missmjcarter
dyamonds10
FloridaSunshiny
urbrightside
Britt
PyreFli42
cutephantasm
naturalhonney
NikG20
Lynnieluve
FemmeFox
CocaColaCutie
cocoachanel
adiaha
Abisco
KinkySheaPT
TerraD
CurlyQ1307
NaturalNixon
ChrsLvsBks
traveljunkie08
LuvMeLuvMyFro
tiashaunteé
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Workout Schedule Empty Workout Schedule

Post by tiashaunteé 17th December 2009, 12:39 pm

I am trying (again) to motivate myself to start a workout regimen. I am so out of shape that it's sad. My biggest problem is getting into a routine that fits into my already busy schedule.

What is your workout schedule?
What do you do to workout?
Any other tips or info that you would like to share?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Workout Schedule Empty Re: Workout Schedule

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 17th December 2009, 12:44 pm

So I am no expert but I workout every other day on my bowflex that I just got for free. I downloaded a manual yesterday and I am trying to make a schedule I can keep. I must say that I would like to create a diet also but I never stick to those. in my mind I can eat whatever as lon as I work out (said this little piggy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 17th December 2009, 12:54 pm

The only thing that helped me as far as a workout schedule was the Wii and ChaLean Extreme, which comes with a calendar telling you which workout to do which day.

I usually only workout for 20-30 minutes (when I do workout). Anything more than that and I get bored. Try some sort of interval training. Those workouts don't take a lot of time, but you burn a lot of calories. I'm about to start Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and see how that goes. I'll also continue to do Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing on the Wii and Wii Fit. Those are more like fun stress relievers that workouts to me.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 17th December 2009, 1:20 pm

What is your goal? Weight loss? Tone up? Overall Health?
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th December 2009, 2:22 pm

I workout during my lunch hour every day. I only do cardio. I walk on the treadmill for about 35 minutes. I make sure I burn at least 225 calories each workout.

Before the new year, I plan to blow the dust off my Wii and Wii Fit. I also plan to incorporate some of the exercise programs available on Fit TV and On Demand. I know I need to incorporate toning into my regimen and will soon.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th December 2009, 2:35 pm

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:What is your goal? Weight loss? Tone up? Overall Health?
Overall health, toning would be nice. But no weightloss. I usually quit because I can't get enough to eat due to my metabolism speeding up.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 17th December 2009, 6:43 pm

I need to get my behind in gear to drop this weight and tone up. I have committed myself to get off these blood pressure pills in 2010.
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th December 2009, 6:45 pm

NaturalNixon wrote:I need to get my behind in gear to drop this weight and tone up. I have committed myself to get off these blood pressure pills in 2010.

We can keep each other motivated. I am going to be on pills if I don't do something soon
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyQ1307 18th December 2009, 11:38 pm

I workout 4 - 5 days per week. I used to spend 45 mins doing a variety of workout dvds each session. I just got a membership to the YMCA and I'm doing an hour there 4 days a week and my strength training dvds 2 days a week.

CurlyQ1307

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 19th December 2009, 12:19 am

CurlyQ1307 wrote:I workout 4 - 5 days per week. I used to spend 45 mins doing a variety of workout dvds each session. I just got a membership to the YMCA and I'm doing an hour there 4 days a week and my strength training dvds 2 days a week.

WOW, I need some of your dedication!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th December 2009, 3:12 am

Tiashauntee: I just started a Pilates regimen. I watched these vids on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheModelNurse#p/a/f/2/YwGqKvSnY1Y
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheModelNurse#p/f/3/E-2nTyxdKA4

I made a workout from some of their moves. The entire workout is about 20 minutes, because I'm lazy! LOL.

I'm trying to tone up and gt back in shape. My uncle teases me saying I'm too out of shape to be skinny. So I vowed that I will pick up a little muscle weight and be more in shape by the spring! I drink a protein shake afterwards just for a healthy calorie boost!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 28th December 2009, 10:58 am

@TerraD, sounds like we have exactly the same problem. My knees and back are constantly aching and I know it's because I am so out of shape. I worked out for about 3 weeks straight last summer and I felt great. I am going to take a look at those videos....I'm trying to convince the hubby to buy me an elliptical Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 28th December 2009, 11:22 am

My workout routine includes 5 days of cardio (alternating high impact (running or aerobic dancing) and low impact (elliptical or bike) for at least 30 minutes. I do 30 minutes of a split weight training routine. It was hard for me to get into the routine (I work full time as well) but now I feel like a heel when I don't work out.

For the ladies having trouble you can do this. Quiet that little voice in your head and believe in yourself. Its amazing what your body can do if you let it. If anyone needs any help please feel free to contact me. I am a certified personal trainer (ACSM-CPT) and am glad to offer any help that I can. I would love to give back to this community of wonderful ladies that have given so much.
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by Abisco 28th December 2009, 1:09 pm

Hi ladies

@Tiashauntee - I know its gonna sound a bit lame but you could buy a fitness dvd and workout to that. I'm not a huge fan of the gym (I have slight gym phobia after falling off a treadmill in front the school rugby team in my last yr of school! lol) so you can workout at home. It requires a bit more dedication but if you designate certain days and then stick to them, it gets easier to follow up. Another helpful tip that worked for me was that I joined my office netball team (actually under duress but thats a different story!) so that keeps me really fit playing netball every Monday night. If your work has got something like that, then that's a good way of toning and keeping fit and healthy.

@KinkySheaPT - I'm gonna be asking you lots of keep fit questions!!!

Good luck ladies!
Abisco
Abisco

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 28th December 2009, 1:10 pm

KinkySheaPT: Girl I could definitely use the help. Maybe I will message you. LOL
Tiashauntee: My friend is so addicted to the elliptical and yoga. And her legs are bomb!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 28th December 2009, 2:37 pm

Im having the hardest time working out now because Im working full time and Im in school too, but last year I had a really good work out regimen and it was really working. I toned up and was feeling really good (physically and emotionally).

I would do approximately 1.5 hrs at the gym approximately 3-4 days a week. Now it was easy because Im a nurse and only work 3 days a week so I went to the gym on my off days. Exercising can be addictive, now that I no longer have any free time Im flabby and missing the gym.

I go a Wii Fit for Christmas, I know it wont be as effective as the gym but Im hoping for some positive results. So far its definitely fun and Im sore so hopefully the results will come.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 28th December 2009, 2:39 pm

adiaha wrote:Im having the hardest time working out now because Im working full time and Im in school too
That's my biggest obstacle. Employed full time, full time student, and full time wife.....I gotta find some me time to workout.

Everyone is motivating me...I'm determined to get on a regimen
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 31st December 2009, 10:23 am

When I'm at school and have access to a gym I walk on the treadmill and do the elliptical for cardio. And I basically do my rounds on all the weight machines for toning. With the occasional free weight.

When I'm at home I basically do work out tapes. Turbo Jam and Slim and 6. I recently downloaded The Biggest Loser and Px90 but I haven't tried them yet.

I'm graduating this year and moving back to NYC. I want to get a gym membership so soon as I get back. As much as I love my workout tapes and feel they work well for me, there's really nothing like putting on some good music and zoning out on a machine at the gym.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th January 2010, 4:49 pm

i agree vintage. i miss going to the gym and getting on the treadmill. for now i'm just doing 30 minutes of whatever workout dvd i feel like. i have p90x, 30-day shred, billy blanks bootcamp, the firm cardio sculpt, and a bunch of other random ones that just looked fun like striptease and cardio dance.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th January 2010, 6:01 pm

KinkySheaPT wrote:For the ladies having trouble you can do this. Quiet that little voice in your head and believe in yourself. Its amazing what your body can do if you let it. If anyone needs any help please feel free to contact me. I am a certified personal trainer (ACSM-CPT) and am glad to offer any help that I can. I would love to give back to this community of wonderful ladies that have given so much.

Girl I will definitely be PM'ing you about fitness stuff. I'm really trying to find a way to get more exercise into my life. I work full time and go to school full time but I know that I can still get a jump start on my fitness routine.

Ladies: I am inspired by all of you! I know that we can do it!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th January 2010, 7:34 pm

I am a stay at home mom so the best time for me to work out is at 5am. I work out 4 days a week, 45mins to an hour. I am a cardio junky so I am on the treadmill and/or the elliptical. My current goal is to burn 400-500 calories each workout session. I also do some light weight training...mostly working on my upper body. I want to have some "Michelle Obama" arms by springtime. LOL!!

I want to lose about 6 more pounds so this is my current workout. Once I go back into maintenance mode, I will be working out 35-45 mins, 4 days a week.

I still enjoy all the foods I love but in moderation.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 26th January 2010, 7:39 pm

Ummm, I'm a SAHM too Lynnie and I can't imagine working out at 5am, lol!!! Go girl!

I work out, but I don't have a schedule, I need to get on that...
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th January 2010, 7:44 pm

NikG, if I dont make a schedule, I wont workout. Plus I have a love/hate relationship with working out (hate working out but love the feeling/results when I finish working out) so I have to get it done first thing in the morning and get it over with.

My hubby works crazy hours too so I never really know what time he will make it home. I tried working out after I put my son to bed but I would be exhausted by then so 5am it is.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 26th January 2010, 8:01 pm

I'm just getting back in the gym as of yesterday. I will resume my spin classes at least 3x's per week. I did 6 miles on the treadmill gotta get it back up to 8 miles that's walking I don't run because in the long run its bad for your knees and I don't want knee replacements when I'm older. I'm cutting back on meals and replacing them with smoothies so I'll have one medium -big meal per day. But I really need to up my water intake this is a major problem for me I HATE WATER!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 26th January 2010, 8:07 pm

@Lynnieluv~ I am a cardio junkie as well!!! Love the treadmill always on incline!! Tryin to get up to 4miles an hr!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next