CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

after workout munchies...

+6
ashollan
Raytay
tiashaunteé
NhappyJackie
NikG20
Keisha
10 posters

Go down

after workout munchies... Empty after workout munchies...

Post by Keisha 4th January 2010, 9:58 pm

Omg, 9 times out of 10 after I finish working out i get hungry. Usually I'll have a regular size smoothie from jamba juice after my workout. Keeping up that habit has become very expensive and as much as I enjoy fruit, im getting burnt out on it. What do you ladies munch on after a workout to curve your hunger?
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

after workout munchies... Empty Re: after workout munchies...

Post by NikG20 4th January 2010, 11:13 pm

What time do you workout? I usually workout before I eat. Then shower, then eat.

I think apples are natural appetite suppressants, so maybe try one of those next time.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 5th January 2010, 10:15 am

I usually workout no earlier than 12pm and no later than 2pm. Then right after im done with my workout I'll get a smoothie. Does it matter what color apple I eat? I prefer green apples, havent had a red apple in a long time.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 5th January 2010, 12:47 pm

Hmm, I don't think it matters. I eat green apples too. They are sweeter. Very Happy
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 5th January 2010, 12:48 pm

Have you tried protein or fiber bars? They helped me alot when I was working out regularly, and they're only about 200cals. One of those with a glass of water would hold me over to the next meal.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 5th January 2010, 4:07 pm

thanks for the suggestions ladies. i'll try both this week. Hopefully they'll suppress my appetite or atleast keep me from pigging out after a workout.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 4:09 pm

What about making your own smoothies? I love making protein shake at home and I can make them anyway I want Smile
I buy the whey protein from Walmart and purchase some frozen fruit bags.
I just tried my hand at freezing my own fruit-I did bananas. It worked out great. I had one last night.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 5th January 2010, 6:52 pm

I make my own smoothies as well (if you can call them that). I buy frozen fruit in a bag and mix with juice from concentrate and ice. I'm currently doing frozen strawberries/limeade mixture. I guess its more of a slushy juice than a smoothie. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Still refreshing after a workout. Just not as quick as Jamba Juice!
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 7th January 2010, 11:55 am

Since you work out midday can you just eat a healthy lunch afterwards. My work out schedule is like yours and after I work out I just eat lunch, which holds me until about 3:30 and at that time I will have a healthy snack with a good mix of protien and carbs (ie string cheese and apple slices or greek yogurt).
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 8th January 2010, 9:56 pm

thanks for the suggestion. i'll definitely try it out.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizada 14th January 2010, 3:19 pm

I swear by homemade smoothies after working out. Here is what I throw in the blender.

Milk, 1 scoop Chocolate Whey Protein (from Walmart), frozen blueberries, 1 spoon peanut butter. (Smuckers All Natural). I often throw in a couple of ice cubes if it seems too thick from me going overboard on the berries.

My three kids love it as well and keeps everyone happy until I can shower and start dinner!

Rizada

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 14th January 2010, 3:30 pm

NikG20 wrote:What time do you workout? I usually workout before I eat. Then shower, then eat.

I think apples are natural appetite suppressants, so maybe try one of those next time.

DITTO...I usually workout right before I need to eat agan (you should wait at least 3 hours between meals, so once 3 hours have passed, I hit the gym then eat immidiately after) I usually shower after I eat lol [[Im pretty hungry when I'm done with my session.
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 24th January 2010, 8:39 pm

I always felt bad about eating right after my workout. Usually I do my ab exercises at the end of my workout, so my mind is like ok if you eat right after, everything is going straight to your stomach. So im like ok well whats the benefit of doing crunches if im gonna eat right afterwards?
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th January 2010, 1:49 am

Keisha wrote:I always felt bad about eating right after my workout. Usually I do my ab exercises at the end of my workout, so my mind is like ok if you eat right after, everything is going straight to your stomach. So im like ok well whats the benefit of doing crunches if im gonna eat right afterwards?

I am a early morning gym rat (5am) but when my hubby has the day off, I go to the gym around lunch time. After my workout, I always end up at Subway....that way I dont feel bad.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mllebutterfly 2nd March 2010, 5:51 pm

I agree! Apples are really good to eat after a workout but I think it is important to also eat some protein. I usually buy justin's peanut butter squeeze packs. Hard boiled eggs are another really good snack. In general I try to keep my snacks under 200 calories.

Mllebutterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down