CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workout Buddies

+4
nattyblog
CocaColaCutie
HAMPTONSFNST
CocoaDreamee
8 posters

Go down

Workout Buddies Empty Workout Buddies

Post by CocoaDreamee 31st May 2010, 2:37 pm

Ok divas...I HAVE to get this weight off. Unfortunately I also struggle with PCOS which makes weight loss a super slow process, but I seem to have found the right natural combo to combat the PCOS. Now I have got to get back to eating right and working it out. I live in small town USA so there is nobody here to workout with. So I figured I should find some online workout buds, with IM, texts and our blackberrys, droids, Iphones and smartphones I figure it can be just a good as a flesh and blood buddy. So help!! I need motivation and to be held accountable so I can get these 80 pounds off before nursing school in the fall. Who's with me?!!!!!
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Workout Buddies Empty Re: Workout Buddies

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 2nd June 2010, 11:20 am

Hi CocoaDreamee,

I too live in "Smallville" and have opted to lose wait for the summer. About 2 weeks ago I jumped on the Zumba bandwagon and have loved every minute. I love to dance and the music is very uptempo. I'm exercising yet still enjoying myself. The only thing I'm struggling with are my eating habits. I'm not the most food conscious person but I do eat breakfast practically everyday.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 2nd June 2010, 11:25 am

You guys should consider joining Sparkpeople.com. It's an awesome resource for weightloss/healthier lifestyles. Think facebook for weightloss. They have tons of information, nutrition and fitness trackers, and best of all people! I'm on there with the same screen name as here so if you join look me up! A bunch of other ladies on here are there as well.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 2nd June 2010, 12:13 pm

I agree with cocacolacutie. Online groups are decent for keeping up with a regimen. I liked peer trainer.com when I first started. I kept a journal of what I ate and joined groups with those who had my same goals for exercise or weight, etc. Can't wait till they get an app! There is also nike+, but that is normally for walking and running goals.

Oh yeah. Nobody believes me when I say I went from 118 to 195/200 lbs with my first pregnancy. A few years ago, I was around 165/170. A little overweight for my height. I could hardly breathe going upstairs. With the online group, the WW points system, and working out for an hour a day (walk away the pounds videos, or walking outside, or jumping rope on and off for a hour), I got down to 125/130. Then I became a veggie head and started running, so I went down to 120/125. Anyway, just wanted to say I've been overweight and while it's not fun to get it off in the beginning, it is definitely doable. And when you start seeing results, that in itself is an excellent motivator!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoaDreamee 5th June 2010, 4:48 pm

Thanks so much for all the info. I totally forgot about spark people. I joined over a year ago and stopped using it...I may need to go and check it out again. I will definitely look you up cocacola. And ms natty I'm a tad jelly! But mostly proud! I use to adore jogging and worked me way up to 5 miles a day, I'm truly a slow jogger so it took me about an hour. But I LOVED it! It's truly what I want to get back into because it truly drops the weight off and it's so addictive for me. But at the weight I'm at, I just cant run....so tomorrow I break out the P90X and start taking some walks. Pray church! LOL Wink
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 6th June 2010, 11:24 am

hey Cocoa

I started a fitness challenge on my curl street journal , I myself have quite a few pounds that I need to shed as well . So I don't mind being your work out buddy . We can help keep each other encouraged and watch ourselves shrink !!!! Im ready, are you ?
And I feel like if you keep me on track I can help you stay on track ...and I don't mind being pushed .

Come to my curl street journal and check out what I put on the challenge .
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 7th June 2010, 5:11 pm

Hey Cocoa, No need to be jealous at all! I actually had to stop running for awhile due to a knee injury. So, I'm on the uphill part of it too right now. And I'm pretty slow myself. My most comfortable fast mile is done in 10 minutes. On a miraculous day, it could be a little less. But I like stretching it out to 11 or 12 because it's easier on my knees. I started back again about three weeks ago-walking only the first week. The second week, I started running again a little. This week, I am up to walking a mile and a half and running a mile and a half. So, we'll see if I can work my way back up. So far, there is no pain. Couldn't say that last month. I may have been overdoing it when I was running regularly (3-5 miles a day for 4-5x a week). I think at my age (almost 34 now), my knees might like some more recovery time. So I will probably try to keep it at 3 miles 4-5x a week. But, as you know, it's so addictive once you get bitten!

Anyway, keep us posted on your progress! And if you ever do nike+, look me up. Walking or running, I'm good. My name is babystace1 on there. Right now, I'm doing a challenge for coming back from an injury! It's pretty cool.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 7th June 2010, 5:31 pm

wow this seems like such a good idea..i want to lose a few pounds..ill be doing good and then just fall off the band wagon...i need some motivation to stick with it..i think im going to join sparkpeople right now lol
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoaDreamee 7th June 2010, 5:43 pm

Curly me, your on! I will check out your challenge ASAP. Hit me up on yahoo I'm and we can motivate daily there or if you have BBM we can exchange pins. I started yesterday with a 40 minute confirmation that I am quite out of shape! Lol it was cardio and mild weights. Today I'm going to do kempo for 40 min.

Natty is nike+ free? I think after working out this week I may try a petite jog this weekend. I'm feigning and afraid all in the same breath! Lol
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 8th June 2010, 1:01 am

What is Kempo ?

on sunday I did an hour of cardio and did 8 min abs.....and girl that is kicking my butt , my stomach is killing me ! but is good

today I did the eliptical and and did 8 min arms and I know it will be hurting tomarrow .

whats your eating habits like and water intake ?

I'm so excited girl .......and very motivated ! let's do this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@ PanaR3dd you can join us as well we can all motivate each other .
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoaDreamee 9th June 2010, 12:37 am

Kempo is one of the workouts in the P90X collection. It's cardio done by blending yoga, and taebo like moves. It's a lot of fun and it can be modified for pretty much any fitness level. Today marks day 3 of my let's get back on track kick! I only did 30 min of cardioX because I had to run to an appointment.

Now as far as my eating habits...smh...carbs and sugar are not nice to me. I eat very light breakfasts,light to average lunch and usually go hog wild by dinner time. I want to master portion control, my raging sweet tooth, and cut down on the carbs. Whew! It will be a challenge.
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 9th June 2010, 1:45 am

Cocoa , thats cool , I might have to look into the kempo.
carbs and surgars ar not good to anyone, but I have learned to get the reduced fat or low fat , or fat free, and eat only the suggested serving, then you don't feel like you are on a diet , are you keeping a journal of what you eat ?

And I try to not drink my calories so I can eat them , I subsitute all my drinks with water, or green tea. stay away from sugary drinks and soda , and so far the lbs are coming off ....
You can do it girl ....stay motivated before you know it we will be the skinny chicks ! lol
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th June 2010, 11:22 am

I'm in, I'm in.

I will take my measurements tonight.

So far, I know I am 185 (24 pounds lost).

I eat four to five times a day. I typically eat an egg white, sausage or ham English muffin and drink apple or orange juice for breakfast. Lunch varies. For snacks, I try to eat fruit. Dinner varies but mostly veggies and meat. I also eat a protein bar (Special K) after intense workouts Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I work out five days a week.
Monday and Wednesday - 10m elliptical trainer, 20-25m full body strength training & stretching; 45m spinning & 15m stretching
Tuesday - 30m cardio (treadmill, 2.5mph at 15% incline)
Thursday - 60m cardio (30m treadmill, 2.5mph at 15% incline & 30m elliptical)
Friday - 30m cardio (treadmill, 2.5mph at 15% incline)

NUTRITION is about 80% of weight issues. Tracking calories eaten is the key to my weight loss.

My short-term goal is to lose one pound a week. My long-term goal is to lose 78 pounds total. I have 64 more pounds to go--more than a year to reach ultimate goal. I'm hoping my slow going will keep the weight off this time and make healthy eating part of my lifestyle.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 9th June 2010, 1:12 pm

Alright then .....Ladies lets do this thing here !

Chrs , I plan on trying to keep it off as well , I do need to try that spinning its sounds really serious
I've been trying to stay away from red meet and eat more fish .

also I read that making your own smoothies are good for breakfast or meal replacements, as long as its made with real fresh or frozen fruit and low fat to non fat juices or milk.

I am gonna try the smoothie thing for a week and see how I like it .
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by midwesternchic 10th June 2010, 5:04 pm

I just want to congratulate everyone on their fitness goals and the like thus far.

I am currently trying to lose 25 pounds by the end of summer. I joined Calorie Count (caloriecount.about.com). It is a very helpful website, I suggest it.

Along with flipping my food intake and exercising, I also have up-ed my water intake to a gallon a day.

We can do it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

midwesternchic

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 10th June 2010, 5:43 pm

so i started jump roping today..doing curlups and squats with weights..i felt the burn like my legs and arms are soooo sore..if i can keep this up along with drinking my water and better eating habits i think im on the right path [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoaDreamee 12th June 2010, 11:10 am

Woohoo to pana and Midwest! Glad you started pana it always seems like that first workout it the absolute hardest! Midwest big ups to you for managing your food. Right now that's my biggest problem...smh....life is a stress ball at the moment and I'm a major emotional eater. Much prayer much power right?

So here is my recap for the week. I worked out 3 days this week, excellent water intake had my green tea all but two days and got some fruit in at least 3 days. Unfortunately I also had my drug of choice, ice cream, the last 3 days of the week *enter shame here*.

My goals for next week: workout 4 days, fruit and green tea daily, no ice cream.

What's your plan for next week?
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoaDreamee 12th June 2010, 11:19 am

Oh and few more things Wink
Welcome ms Chrs! You sound like you are already doing the darn thing so that makes you my shero right now. Lol

And I forgot to share my longterm goals: become a healthy eater and make low carb/high fruit and veggie my norm, to jog on a regular basis again, to drop 80 lbs or fit my small girl clothes and have a flat tummy, whichever comes first. I am not a scale worshiper.

Ok now I'm really done! Lol
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 13th June 2010, 9:11 pm

Hey Ladies

Sorry I have been gone for a minute , this weekend was my 6 year old son's birthday , so I was planning his party for Saturday which was a success ! he turned 7 and he had a great time !!!!! "mission accomplished"

So as for working out , I worked out on thurs , I did the WII fit and I did 45 mins and then did 8 min Abs felt great
Got my water intake and continued to eat right

Did not work out on Friday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ( was getting the party together

Saturday was the party , didn't have time for breakfast , at the party had a hotlink ,corn on the cob and water .
I did get a work out , cause here in Japan they have hills everywhere and the park we had my son's party has all these hills and there are stairs everywhere, the Japanese believe in getting their exercise.
the park has all these different playgrounds , but they are all on different levels in the park so you have to climb , take stairs or hike to get there, now you know kids have energy for days, they had us all over the park so I know I got a good work out I was beat by the time the day was over , my legs were shaky and everything else was too.
Sunday no work out ...I worked out enough for two days on Saturday.

Did eat cake , and some candy but it was the first in a long time .

ladies lets just keep up the good work !!!! we can do this ....stay motivated lets shed these pounds !!!!
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 10:43 am

This week, I will continue to workout five days a week. I also want to try to incorporate more stretching/yoga into my regimen.

I need to grocery shop. I am going to try to make it to a farmers market tomorrow. When I don't have food at home, I have to eat out and I have no control over what's in the food I'm eating--a BIG NO NO. I have not made my own food for about three weeks[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 14th June 2010, 9:38 pm

@ Chrs , yoga is hard . I tried it the other day and it does take a lot of strength to do it . but its really good.

today I did some strength exercises and 8 min abs feels good...feel the burn . lol
Drinking that water . today I'm going to measure myself to see if I am losing inches. will post the results later
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 25th June 2010, 9:08 am

Heyyyyyyyy Ladiessssss!!!! where ya at ? don't make me come looking for you !

Let me just say that getting fit is getting hard to stay motivated and when you know that you are doing everything right but that darn scale is lying to you then you , panic cause you are not meeting you goals you set for your self . It gets frustrating but none the less don't give up , find where you got off track and get back on again!! just that simple .

The more water you drink the faster it will help shed those lbs, watch what you eat and try not to drink your calories , if you like to eat , leave those high calorie drinks alone and opt for water instead, you can have more food [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So ladies I am still working out , Im walking my hill and this sucker is tough . So the other day I walked the hill and man by the time I got up the stairs I felt like I needed an inhaler and I don't even have asthma ....lol then I had to walk up the rest of the hill. It was hard but after I was had cooled off I felt great .

still drinking my water . If you drink 4 0.9oz bottles of water it will be your 8 full cups, its 2 cups per bottle

I just got Jullian Michaels fitness altimatum for the WII and she does have you working out . I did a couple of the exercises just to try it out and why the next day I was so sore like I had worked out really hard !!

but it was nice and it was fun , not eating out that much and really have cut out junk food ....
So everything is going , but like I said motivation is really hard , But I do want to encourages everyone to not give up and try to just be active , do something outdoors and lets watch the lbs fall off !!!.....
come on Ladies we can do this .

Also my one month results will be posted on the 4 of July looking forward to see some results from you as well .
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down