CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am doing my BC soon, need a big sister!!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I am doing my BC soon, need a big sister!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I am doing my BC soon, need a big sister!!

Post by traveljunkie08 6th January 2010, 1:30 am

@Thinking4herselfnow: Congrats on your BC!!! I LOVE your coils. Very nice. Very Happy
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

I am doing my BC soon, need a big sister!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I am doing my BC soon, need a big sister!!

Post by luvnlaugh09 6th January 2010, 2:57 pm

So I am having serious computer issues! I'm trying so hard to get the pics up! can I just say though that I LOVE MY HAIR! I love the texture I love the curls, I love it all! lol. The shrinkage is a killer though! I have gotten so many compliments so far. I tried a twist out for my first style and it actually turned out great! since I am not a product junkie (yet) I just used coconut oil and shea butter melted down together. I deep conitioned my hair and while wet i twisted medium chunks of hair with my mixture, my curls really popped! I am doing the curly girl method and can I just say that sectioning my hair is like the best thing ever! My hair is very thick so I have to section it in like 6 sections lol.
My question: I think the shea butter is a little to heavy on my hair, what do you suggest I should use for my twistouts? I know you (travel junkie) mentioned using hair butter, what kind do you use?

luvnlaugh09

Back to top Go down

Post by luvnlaugh09 6th January 2010, 2:59 pm

CONGRATS to everyone on their recent BC! you all look fab!

luvnlaugh09

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 6th January 2010, 6:28 pm

luvnlaugh09 wrote:So I am having serious computer issues! I'm trying so hard to get the pics up! can I just say though that I LOVE MY HAIR! I love the texture I love the curls, I love it all! lol. The shrinkage is a killer though! I have gotten so many compliments so far. I tried a twist out for my first style and it actually turned out great! since I am not a product junkie (yet) I just used coconut oil and shea butter melted down together. I deep conitioned my hair and while wet i twisted medium chunks of hair with my mixture, my curls really popped! I am doing the curly girl method and can I just say that sectioning my hair is like the best thing ever! My hair is very thick so I have to section it in like 6 sections lol.
My question: I think the shea butter is a little to heavy on my hair, what do you suggest I should use for my twistouts? I know you (travel junkie) mentioned using hair butter, what kind do you use?

Happy to hear that things are going so well for you!!! I just recently started doing my hair in six sections as well (although I do only two when I'm feeling lazy). I use Karen's Body Beautiful hair butter. It has shea and other butters (my hair doesn't like raw, unrefined shea butter...too waxy and just "sits" on my hair). I use an exceptionally small amount. Maybe half a dime size for my entire head. And I only use it on dry hair.

Try using half the amount of shea butter you're using and see if that works. If that doesn't work, see if you using it on damp or dry hair (instead of wet) works. Just try a few different things before you totally give up on it. If you try a few diff combos and you still think it's too heavy, then maybe try a butter that has shea + other ingredients or water as the first ingredient (you can then use the coconut oil on top). Chances are that even with another product, you'll have to experiment to figure out how best to use it. It took me a few tries before I figured out how I could use the KBB hair butter.

If you want to experiment with something that has a butter as the first ingredient, start with a sample, if available, before buying full size. KBB has a sample pack that includes the hair butter and 3 other products for $25+ shipping (if you can't get to the store in Brooklyn). Another line that people like is Afroveda. They have a sample pack of four different butters you can try. Darcy's Botanicals is another popular line. I've also heard good things about BeeMine Curly Butter. I can't think of anything that's readily available at most BSS or drugstores...

Popular water-based moisturizers that come to mind are Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-in, Taliah Waajid, Giovanni Direct Leave-in, KBB hair milk & hair nectar, Qhemet Biologic's Burdock Root Butter Cream (online and select stores/cities), Cantu Shea Butter leave-in.

Maybe check out the product thread for more suggestions.

Hope that helps!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinking4herselfnow 9th January 2010, 11:07 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:@Thinking4herselfnow: Congrats on your BC!!! I LOVE your coils. Very nice. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you sooo much Very Happy
Thinking4herselfnow
Thinking4herselfnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2