CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help of a big sister!

3 posters

Go down

Need help of a big sister! Empty Need help of a big sister!

Post by lumii 3rd April 2010, 8:26 am

It's actually a very short story.. I got my first relaxer at 9, then a jheri curl at 10 and my bc when I was 12! I've been natural for about 4 years now, but I must say I cared nothing for my hair! I was always getting braids so the hair underneath was always covered.
I guess I'm now at an age where I'm trying to identify myself and at the beginning of the year I just had the thought: Why don't I wear my hair open?
I've been searching on the internet for a while and in the past 3 months I've learnt soooo much about my hair and now I can actually say that I love my hair! I'm really dedicated to it and pretty much everyone in my surroundings knows that my number 1 topic right now is just about hair hair hair!
But it's all still very new to me and I'd love to have someone who can help me and has more ideas!

My current routine:
Moisturize and seal daily
Shampoo once a week
Protein Treatment once a weak
Deep condition once a week

My routine is very simple.. I know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I hope that I can find someone to help me out!

Thanks in advance
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Need help of a big sister! Empty Re: Need help of a big sister!

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 8th April 2010, 9:40 pm

I'd love to help ya lil cupcake :0)
I think that it's great that u took control of your hair and stopped the chemicals. I was natural until I was 12....but I saw all the other desired "permies" and I wanted to swim in the summertime so I started to relax and dye my hair.

The best advice I can give you first is to take time for yourself and your hair. If theres some random thing going on on your "hair day" ; keep your commitment to yourself Smile That was my mistake.
Ur current routine sounds perfect I would suggest using a natural shampoo(no sulfates) like Dr.Bronners castille soap(sold @Kroger/VitamineShoppe/Whole Foods/Target) or Black Soap(sold at beauty supply stores).
As far as styling...what's your personal style? I think that would be what determines hairstyles. Keep it Up!!! afro
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 9th April 2010, 12:29 am

I'm so happy to hear you love your hair Lumii, absolutely wonderful, you regimen does sound good, and i definitely second the sulfate free shampoo use.

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 9th April 2010, 11:58 am

Thanks a lot! My hair is usually always in twists and only leave it open for like 2 or 3 days and then I redo them again..
I just looked at my shampoo bottle and it contains sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate!! Guess I'm going to look for a new one..!
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 12th April 2010, 12:42 pm

Cool! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down