CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

+23
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
MellowOne
mstokes2008
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteé
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
lovesunshine17
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
lena73
BlakButterfli
27 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by BlakButterfli 6th May 2010, 8:21 am

Oh, and I do own WAY more jewelry than the set I always take pics in - it's just one of my faves and goes with so much!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by Lynnieluve 6th May 2010, 8:57 pm

Hey!!! Look at the puff!!! Looking good!!! Now you have a "go to" style if you are not feeling your hair. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Icon_bounce
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 7th May 2010, 12:01 am

Lynnie, I was SOO happy to get that thing mastered! Yes, that will be my go-to style if I am just not feeling my hair. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 7th May 2010, 8:09 am

Your Puff looks great. I am glad you found a go to style for your hair!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th May 2010, 8:38 am

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but I was sick last week and didn't get on much!!! I wore free style braids. I was concerned with how small they were, and what was so interesting was that my natural hair started curling up and out of the braids! Very Happy

My hair held up well, but I think that I shouldn't have gotten them that small, and someone suggested that I should have used the kinky hair. The kinky hair is much closer to my natural hair texture. I think I should have gotten twists, but trust me I LOVED MY BRAIDS!!! Girl I was so rocking my braids, and I can see how much my hair has grown since I took the braids out!! woot!

Do you have a regiment? (I can't remember if you posted it or not) However, what I discovered since I started and stayed consistent with my regiment I've noticed a big difference with my hair. I still have moments when I'll try something different (styles) and don't like the results, but I will co-wash and go back to what works for me. (don't you love that about natural hair?)

I'm loving that puff on you!!! Too cute!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th May 2010, 9:36 am

that puff is cute on you BB!! im tryin to master how to keep mine tight. im still on the fence of gettin braids again too cuz i love playin in my hair! EEEK!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th May 2010, 11:37 am

Hey Sis!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 8th May 2010, 9:43 pm

@ Nubie - Thank you! There is some kind of round clip thing that I bought for like, $.99 that keeps my puff stationary. It's become my new headband, so I'm having to think of another style already, because I'm going to wear this out!

Sheetacular - HEYYYYY! What's been up, lady? Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th May 2010, 1:39 pm

Girl!! Busy Busy Busy!! Trying to get the Wash N Go down pat it hasn't really been going well. Anywho How are things with you?
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 10th May 2010, 1:49 pm

lol - I'm rocking a very dry and parched WnG now! Wishing I had time to go home and do my hair. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin

I'm doing a lot better than I have been - thanks for asking.

What are you using for your WnG's?
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th May 2010, 7:14 pm

Just stopping by to see how you are doing!! **waving**

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 13th May 2010, 10:27 pm

Ok. I gotta start posting on my little section of the journal more often. I can't stop my online therapy just because our contest is over!

So, I'm feeling pretty good about my hair this week. I've been wearing it twisted before I get to used to my little puff. I did dmy first protein treatment on last week - I used Aphogee. And I can honestly say my hair feels a lot stronger since I did it. I haven't near the breakage or Snap Crackle Pop I normally have when I twist.

I'm debating Henna this weekend. My stylist hates it, because it's hard to color over, but I have no plans to put chemials in my hair, though she swears Paul Mitchell is not very damaging, as far as color goes.

Decisions, decisions...
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 13th May 2010, 10:42 pm

Oh, these are my attempts at a bigger twistout. I got the max volumn I probably can with my hair right now, but need to work on the curl definition...

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 111

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 213
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th May 2010, 11:13 am

i think it looks good and its definitely stretched out too! it took me a few months after my bc to train my hair for curl definition so find a good reggie n stick to it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th May 2010, 1:02 pm

Hey Sis,

stopping by to see how you were holding up and ain't I smiling at that beautiful puff and that twist out! I find the twist challenge is helping me with definition. I truly think leaving the twist in for a the 4-5 days is helping. HTH
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 18th May 2010, 2:09 pm

Hey sis!

I'm glad you had success with protien treatment and twisting.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th May 2010, 10:22 pm

Hi Blkbutterfly! I was reading all of your pages and I'm sorry you were struggling. I did too once I started getting beyond the initial twa stage. Sounds like things have improved greatly. I'm glad that you are finding things that work for you and hair x. Wink Hang in there!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 19th May 2010, 11:45 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hi Blkbutterfly! I was reading all of your pages and I'm sorry you were struggling. I did too once I started getting beyond the initial twa stage. Sounds like things have improved greatly. I'm glad that you are finding things that work for you and hair x. Wink Hang in there!

Hey Poet. Smile Yes, things are better. Both personally and with my hair. Smile I'm going to be getting braids soon for some protective styling, but I did try pre-pooing the other night and my hair was a lot softer. I'm trying to do some different things with it and just hanging in there.

Thanks for your concern, caring and reading all my dribble. Smile
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 19th May 2010, 11:49 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey Sis,

stopping by to see how you were holding up and ain't I smiling at that beautiful puff and that twist out! I find the twist challenge is helping me with definition. I truly think leaving the twist in for a the 4-5 days is helping. HTH

Hey Sweet! I don't do my twist well enough to keep them in my head during the day/out in public without looking like a cross between Madusa and Ms. Celie. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin My hair is pretty short, so I alwys look crazy with twists.

Thanks for the puff compliment - it's become my signature look if I don't feel like a headband. lol
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th May 2010, 10:05 pm

OMGoodness, your puff looks great in all the pictures.

Sounds like you are doing better with your hair. Remember your CN family is here to support you. Many of us take a while to get around to everyone but there is always PM.

Looking good lady, glad to hear things are turning around in your personal life also
Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 21st May 2010, 9:12 am

Hey Sis!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Empty I'm BAAAACCCCKKKK!

Post by BlakButterfli 17th June 2010, 11:53 pm

Hello. Hi. What's up!

Wow - I haven't commented on my journal in a HOT minute! I wish I had something really great to tell you about my hair. Ya'll will just have to take my little update. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin

Ok. I got a promotion at work! Yeaahhhh me! It is a little more strategic planning and PR (which I love), so I'm extremly happy about that. I've had a chance to travel a little bit more. So far, this month I've been to Atlantic City and Charlotte, NC - which is GORGEOUS! I have to go to Houston next month and Long Beach in August, so yeah - professionally, I'm feeling me. lol

As for Leona...

...Who is that, pray tell? My HAIR! Leona Mae was my great-grandmother and though I had her in my life for 30 years, I still miss her. I'm crying through a small smile right now. I miss her at the weirdest times. Anyway, she was strong, beautiful, classy and that's how I want to be and since my hair is an extension of me -there you go.

Right now, Leona is braided up and in some weave. lol I found this Milky Way Hair that you can flat-iron, but when you wet it, it gets curly. I like it, but I've had it in for three weeks and it's starting to get a little frizzy in a bad way. My goal for the summer is to keep Leona tucked away and work on some growth. I will probably get braids at some point. I work out at least 3 times a week and I sweat in my head and that plus weave is NOT a good thing. lol

So...I've missed you ladies and am glad to be back! Hope all is well with you all.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 18th June 2010, 12:08 am

Quick question - been to long since I"ve been on here!

I want to edit the part of my post you see when you first go on the Curl Street Journal. The part that says Writing about my hair = online therapy....

Where do I go to edit just that line??
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th June 2010, 12:19 am

When you post, use the "Post Reply" button instead of the "Quick Reply" box. About midway the page, you will see the title of your thread....you can edit it there.

I hope this makes sense.

I'm glad to hear Leona is doing well.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 18th June 2010, 9:00 am

Hey lady!! I am glad that you and Leona are well!! If you come to MI in your travels let me know!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next