CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

+23
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
MellowOne
mstokes2008
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteé
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
lovesunshine17
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
lena73
BlakButterfli
27 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by Freestyles 16th December 2009, 11:37 pm

I love eclectic folks too! Go with your gut! The plus side is that your stylist is natural and loves natural hair so she'll be tender with your beautiful hair. Straightened, Short Fro, or Faux Hawk, you can't really make a bad choice! (As long as your stylist goes easy on the heat!)

Whatever you decide...I wanna see a photo! Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_bounce

---Reese Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by BlakButterfli 18th December 2009, 12:52 am

Ok, so today, I'm fooling with my dag-gone hair. Playing in it, twirling it, stretching the coils and then SNAP! No, not my hair, my headband! My favorite black one gave out on me.

I felt very naked without that little piece of plastic today. And though I'd like to think it was the strenght of my TWA that finally conquered it (take THAT Goody brand!) - I just need to stop messing with hair. Sigh. I swear I'm thinking about just weaving and braiding it up for 2010 and seeing what it looks like on my 31st birthday.

Feels like one of those same ol' hair days. But, I did buy a really pretty headband from Wal-Mart with little feathers on it, so I'll be rocking a black turtleneck tomorrow to let the headband pop. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 18th December 2009, 12:54 am

@ Freestyles - girl, you know I'm gonna post pics! I am kinda wanting to rock the fro/faux hawk more than the straight hair now. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 19th December 2009, 2:05 am

Tomorrow is the day! May the heat protective Gods be with me!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th December 2009, 10:54 pm

waiting to see the results!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 20th December 2009, 9:45 am

Oh, ladies! So, I go to get my thermal relaxer done - that's what she calls her straightening technique. Siri - my new stylist based on what she did yesterday - took one look and told me my fine textured hair would not hold a straight style very long since it's, well - fine. Though disappointed, I told her I just needed a new look and had been thinking about a faux/fro - hawk.

To make a long-story short - SHE DID THAT! I took some pics with my new digitial camera that I got on yesterday and I WILL be posting the pics later today. Everyone loved the look on me and I must admit, I thought I was the bomb, just a little bit.

What is it about this style that made me think I was just the business at my church's Christmas party last night? lol Rarely do I rave about how much I love my hair, but dog-gone it, I'm doing so now.

Anyways, love you ladies for all the encouragement and just general love and convo! Sweetdrk1, give me a few hours and you'll see what I see! lol
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 20th December 2009, 10:25 pm

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Hawk14
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 20th December 2009, 10:29 pm

Ok, I posted the pic. Let me know what you think. I am LOVING the look and hope the powers that be at work tomorrow don't have an issue with it.

Oh yeah - I do own more clothing than just the black turtleneck that all of my pics seem to show me in. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin But, I feel my right-side is the best one I have, so ALL my pics will be at that angle. lol
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th December 2009, 10:41 pm

If my hair was styled like that, I would think I was "the business" too! LOL!! It's so cute!!! I like it!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 20th December 2009, 10:55 pm

@Lynnieluve - THANK YOU! I've received so much knowledge and encouragement and just LOVE on this site and it means a lot to me. Ya'll are gonna make me tear up for real. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Herz
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 20th December 2009, 11:32 pm

your hairstyle is fiyah....it is really nice. and no u dont have a prominent foooohead. lol

i really need to go to walmart, i avoid that place for so many reasons. but if they do have stuff that i can make my own flower pins & headbands.
have u thought about getting some stuff to make ur own accessories
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 20th December 2009, 11:34 pm

@lena73 - Girl, no, I can't do arts and crafts stuff. Glue guns are dangerous in my hands and all of my projects look like the toddlers in my church did them. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

But, that is a good idea that I may try. I've honestly never thought about doing my own headbands. And thanks for fiyah compliment - my head is just covered by my bangs. Trust me - that sucka sticks out. lol
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 20th December 2009, 11:40 pm

nahhhh its pretty easy. curlychronicles have some tutorials that are real easy - a flower with a bobby pin, shoo - it aint hard. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 22nd December 2009, 12:49 pm

Ok...so I was VERY worried for some reason about wearing my fro/faux hawk to work on yesterday. I made sure I had on a really cute outfit, makeup was more on point and I rocked some cute accessories.

But, I was still nervous. I entered my buidling through the back entrance (less people to see me walk in - lol) and went quickly to my desk upstairs. And boy, I was not ready for what folks ended up saying to me.

"Rock star!" "Aww, that is so cute on you." "I love your hair!" "New style, Trina? I like it."

Ya'll I was so happy and grinning from ear to ear! But, I played it off with demure "thank you's" all day long.

I think it just goes to show that things we are insecure about or worried about, especially on this natural hair "trip" just may not be that big a deal at all. I'm already looking forward to the next new style I'm going to try. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd December 2009, 4:51 pm

Blakbutterfli, that's usually how it goes. Even when you think you hair is not at its best, people will still give you compliments. I have come up with a way of siking myself out. In my mind when I am walking through a crowded place (the mall, the grocery store, wherever), I keep telling myself, "You are rockin this natural hair and looking good doing too. Yea, people are looking but who cares. I know I look good." I repeat stuff like that over and over until I feel comfortable if I am unsure or nervous. You should try it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 4th January 2010, 10:57 pm

Wow - I can't believe I didn't post at ALL on last week! Between the holidays and family and hair and food, there just weren't enough hours in the day. At this very moment, I have decided to eat pizza for dinner because I am boycotting my kitchen tonight.

So, as for my hair, last night, I went to the website www.tightlycurly.com. The blog/site owner, Terri, is bi-racial and has the longest, curliest hair I've ever seen. I tried her method of styling/setting hair and I got mixed results.

I used Organix Smoothing Shea Butter conditioner in the manner she describes on her site. If you're not familiar with it, Terri advises people to leave select conditioners in their hair - basically saturate it - and use different methods (depending on your length and texture) to define and set your curls.

Since I have 4a/4b hair, I used the "doodles" method she talks about. The first time I tried it, I ended up with some cute little coily/twisty/dreadlocky (new word!) things in my head. It was an ok result. So, last night, I decided to get hard core with it and REALLY saturate my hair and take the time to define as many coils/curls as I could. Having Desperate Housewives on in front of me didn't hurt. lol

I twisted, twisted twisted and twisted. By the end of the show, I had a bunch of little coils all over my head. So far, so good. I covered my head and went to bed.

This morning when I woke up - DISASTER! My scalp was very itchy and my hair had this white sheen to it. I looked like a little dirty eraser! I tried to smooth a little water over it, but that only seemed to make it worse.

I was and still am very perplexed on what I did wrong. I've tried her method before and it was hit and miss, but more hit. This was a DEFINITE miss last night.

Has anyone (especially 4a/4b folks) ever tried her method with a good success story? I think I am having a depressing hair day, so maybe that's why it seemed worse than it really was. I plan on washing my hair tonight and twisting with Giovanni Leave-In and my CD Healthy Hair Butter.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th January 2010, 11:06 pm

I Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Lol at the dirty eraser comment. I havent tried her method even though it sounds interesting. I need to look into but I was about to say try another conditioner and see if you get different results.

I'm glad your back.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 5th January 2010, 12:33 am

@Lynnieluve - girl, I was NOTBlakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Lol this morning since I was running late for work trying to figure out what to do with my head! lol

I may try her method again with a new condish like you suggested. I need to really get more into my hair this year. I want to try all of these new styles and treatments and mixes that people have - I am just hair-handicapped. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_smile

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my hair for my (GULP) 30th birthday at the end of this month. That's my next big hair challenge. lol
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2010, 1:36 am

Hopefully you would have perfected Terri's method by your birthday.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 6:30 pm

BlakButterfli, LOL re: gulping at turning 30 at the end of the month.

I think another conditioner may help when doing Teri's method. I had success this past summer with Pantene's Relaxed and Natural and HE HH. I always left a thick heavy creamy conditioner underneath. I did not dilute the conditioner.

Also try putting into larger twists before going to bed. In the morning, undo them, spritz with water and voila.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 6th January 2010, 1:12 am

@ChrsLvsBks - what is HE HH??
@Lynnieluv - I was thinking about trying a roller set for my birthday, with my hair braided on the side, almost like an upsweep if that makes sense.

But, yes, I may try it again just with the conditioners you all have suggested. My scalp seems to be getting more sensitive and itches quite often now, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, since I haven't changed my routine much. But, as a natural, I'm learing trial by error - and fire!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 6th January 2010, 1:15 am

Ok, so tonight, I'm twisting my hair as I normally do and I start looking at all of the strands that seem to come off my hands. I know some shedding is normal on a daily, but this seems excessive to me. Tomorrow (I am too tired tonight) I'm going to post a picture of the hair that comes out when I'm twisting my hair and I want/need someone to tell me if it seems like a lot.

I am the only natural in my family (save for one cousin I see on occassion) and the ONLY daughter with my mother's fine, soft hair, so I don't really have someone close to me to gauge this.

Hopefully, it's normally - the last thing I need to panic (even more on) is my seeming lack of growth. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 2 Icon_sad
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th January 2010, 1:25 am

I've noticed a slight increase in my shedding. I think it because I am due for a protein treatment which I will be doing this week. Dont panic! Let us see the pics first.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th January 2010, 2:23 am

Did you check for white bulbs to see if it's truly shedding or if it's breaking?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 7th January 2010, 1:00 am

@Juices-n-Berries - I haven't seen a white bulb on any of the strands - so, is that a good or bad thing? I know white bulb means it's coming from the root.

@Lynnie - what do you use for a protein treatment? Do you do those less often than a DC? I've heard that protein treatments are good if you have fine hair like mine, but if you do it too often, it's bad for your hair. I had praise dance practice tonight and won't be twisting my hair, but I'll be back on track tomorrow and will post pics.

Thanks!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next