CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doo Gro- Opinions?

+3
LilMsPuddles
Lynnnoni
DanceOnTheSkylines
7 posters

Go down

Doo Gro- Opinions? Empty Doo Gro- Opinions?

Post by DanceOnTheSkylines 11th December 2009, 8:44 am

I not too long ago bought some Doo Gro Stimulating Growth Oil (because it was on sale Razz ), neglecting to first look at the ingredients. When I got in the car, I saw that the first ingredient was...
MINERAL OIL
Upon seeing this, I was devestated for wasting my money, but couldn't bring myself to throw it away. For all who are unaware, Mineral Oil is what Baby Oil is made of, and it's made from Petroleum, which is the same stuff found in Vaseline, and I have no intention of spreading a bunch of THAT on my scalp.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So, I decided to check a few forums, product reviews, and also some testimonials on the Doo-gro site and various other sites. The reviews seemed to be either REALLY positive, or mediocre. As in, people either saw great results, or none at all, and there are many reports of it being greasy.

I would like to know if YOU GUYS have tried it, or any of the DG products? How did you like (or dislike) it, and how did it affect your hair?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

DanceOnTheSkylines

Back to top Go down

Doo Gro- Opinions? Empty Re: Doo Gro- Opinions?

Post by Lynnnoni 12th December 2009, 8:49 pm

I haven't used any of the oils in a while, but I love the Moisturizing Growth Shampoo!!! It doesn't dry my hair out. I checked out the surfactants on Tightlycurly's website.
Lynnnoni
Lynnnoni

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 13th December 2009, 12:19 am

MY grandmother swore my mega thick but my mother tried it and didn't see anything major. I tried the mega growth oil (I think) and it made my hair very soft to the touch and I tried the pink one and maybe it helped a little bit. I will say that the products smell good Laughing and that's about all they are good for.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 13th December 2009, 1:11 am

I have one of their oils, can't remember which, I think its the mega thick oil, and it definitely does not have mineral oil in it. I like using it to oil my hair but I cant say that it does anything miraculous as far as growth is concerned.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 14th December 2009, 3:53 am

I have one of their hair lotions. I think it helped a lot with growing my hair this past summer but its super sticky. I don't like the feeling it leaves on my hands so I don't use it too often. My mom and brother also use the lotion and hair oil and like them.
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by ydr 15th December 2009, 1:39 am

i did try these oils about 2-3 years ago when i still relaxed my hair. they were on sale and i picked up the mega-growth and stimulating growth. i was hoping that i would at least get some benefits from one of the two oils.

i used them primarily on my scalp and would massage in regularly.

there was no special growth or benefit to using these oils. i wouldn't recommend using them.

ydr

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 15th December 2009, 9:17 am

I used them alot when i was relaxed and it didnt seem to do anything special to my hair...but once again, i bought it on sale so thats why i tried it...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down