CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sally's Beauty Supply

4 posters

Go down

Sally's Beauty Supply Empty Sally's Beauty Supply

Post by NeeC1 11th February 2011, 2:19 pm

So, I stopped by one of the 3 Sally's BSs in my area last night (we have 3, one seems to be more "ethnic" than the others, but okay ...) ... and there were some products that were either VERY new or that I just never noticed because I was still relaxing. So, those products are:

1. Silk Elements Mixed Silk shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in
2. One n' Only Argan Oil, Proclaim Argan Oil, and more ...

So, my question is: Is Argan Oil the "it" product as far as oils go? What's so special about it that it's in an entire section of hair care products? The young woman at Sally's was REALLY trying to push the Mixed Silk stuff 'cause it's "Just like Mixed Chicks", but since I've never used MC, I wasn't really going for it ... not her fault. But, has anyone bought/used the Mixed Silk stuff?

That's what was on my mind ... figured I'd better get it off. Smile I look forward to your responses.

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Sally's Beauty Supply Empty Re: Sally's Beauty Supply

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th February 2011, 2:31 pm

NeeC1 wrote:So, I stopped by one of the 3 Sally's BSs in my area last night (we have 3, one seems to be more "ethnic" than the others, but okay ...) ... and there were some products that were either VERY new or that I just never noticed because I was still relaxing. So, those products are:

1. Silk Elements Mixed Silk shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in
2. One n' Only Argan Oil, Proclaim Argan Oil, and more ...

So, my question is: Is Argan Oil the "it" product as far as oils go? What's so special about it that it's in an entire section of hair care products? The young woman at Sally's was REALLY trying to push the Mixed Silk stuff 'cause it's "Just like Mixed Chicks", but since I've never used MC, I wasn't really going for it ... not her fault. But, has anyone bought/used the Mixed Silk stuff?

That's what was on my mind ... figured I'd better get it off. Smile I look forward to your responses.

~NeeC1
Argan oil and marula oil are the new "it" items like shea butter and avocado oil were last year. Argan oil is found, from what I have read, in Morocco. Lots of times, products made with them have very little argan oil in them (way down in the ingredient list.

As far as Mixed Silk, I just read a post on FB about Asian manufacturer's losing money due to the amount of women no longer relaxing their hair. One of the product lines is Mixed Silk.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 11th February 2011, 3:32 pm

@ChrsLvsBks:
Thanks for the info. As a newbie, sometimes you get info overload. Whew! Speaking of Marula Oil, Motions has a MO that I LOVED when I was relaxing ... Hmmm ... It does say it's "Natural", I may have to hit that one up again. I really liked it and it smelled soooo gooood! Smile Thanks!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 11th February 2011, 4:21 pm

I feel you girl, I'm on info overload myself. I had no idea that when I decided I wanted to start this journey it was SOOOOO much to learn and know in regards to going natural. I do think your pretty safe if you use the EVOO and Coconut oil. They are going to be my safe bases for now as far as oils are concerned.
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 12th February 2011, 2:52 am

Today I returned the mixed Silk leave in,it left me hair dry and hard. Im 4a/4b,and I think it may work for category 3 hair. I did try the Silk Elements leave in moisturizing conditioner and it was just okay. Not sure that I will repurchase. As far as the Argan oil,its usually not a pure oil like shea and avacado,what I saw at Sallys im pretty sure had mineral oil amnogst other things. I hope this helps.
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down