CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blended Beauty

+4
NikG20
raina
dras
NewlyNina
8 posters

Go down

Blended Beauty Empty Blended Beauty

Post by NewlyNina 16th February 2010, 3:43 pm

Has anyone tried any products from the Blended Beauty line? I was just curious before I make a purchase for my curly girlies!

Thanks!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Blended Beauty Empty Re: Blended Beauty

Post by dras 16th February 2010, 3:55 pm

Hi

I have used their products. The happy nappy styles and down and out butter are good for twisting and moisturing. They are pretty good for smoothing my edges too. I just ordered some more products.

dras
dras
dras

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 16th February 2010, 4:24 pm

I have read good things about it. When I first went natural I was trying to decide between blended beauty and the curls line.I went with the curls line,but I have always been curious about it.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 17th February 2010, 10:47 am

@ dras
@ raina

Thanks to you both....I think i will order a sample pack first, to be on the safe side.

Thanks again!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 17th February 2010, 11:09 am

I LOVE Blended Cutie Silky Swirls Shampoo, Tug Me Not Conditioner, and Down & Out Styles!!!!!!! I love you I still have not posted the review on the blog yet but my daughters hair was moisturized and had the best curl definition...ever! People took notice too. Good luck and let us know what you think!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 11th June 2010, 1:47 pm

Any new reviews, particularly the Down and Out styles?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th June 2010, 4:38 pm

NikG20 wrote:I LOVE Blended Cutie Silky Swirls Shampoo, Tug Me Not Conditioner, and Down & Out Styles!!!!!!! I love you I still have not posted the review on the blog yet but my daughters hair was moisturized and had the best curl definition...ever! People took notice too. Good luck and let us know what you think!
NikG, I purchased the line after seeing your review online. I plan to use it in six weeks. So excited [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anisha618 16th August 2010, 10:23 pm

I was interested in Blended Beauty because though their products have shea butter in them, they are aloe and water base. I was checking out ingredients for various styling products and they all seem the same and now I am confused about what to purchase

Styling Butter Cream Ingredients: Aloe and Chamomile Water, Shea Butter, Rice Bran Oil, Natural Conditioners, Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Capryl Isostearate, Soy Lecithin, Perfume, Guar Gum, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Silk Powder.

Soft Curls & Swirls Ingredients: Aloe and Chamomile Water, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Natural Conditioners, Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Capryl Isostearate, Perfume, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Soy Lecithin, Silk Powder

Happy Nappy Styles Main Ingredients: Aloe and Chamomile Water, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Natural Conditioner, Polysorbate 20, Vegetable Glycerin, Capryl Isostearate, Soy Lecithin,Guar Gum, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Silk Powder.

Butter Me Up! Main Ingredients: Aloe and Chamomile water, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Soy Lecithin, Natural Conditioner, Capryl Isostearate, Natural Preservative Optiphen, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Silk Powder.

Down & Out Styles Main Ingredients: Aloe and Chamomile Water, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Natural Conditioner, Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Soy Lecithin, Capryl Isostearate, Guar Gum, Natural Preservative, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Silk Powder.

Any suggestions? Or do you all know of any other products that are not shea butter based.

Anisha618

Back to top Go down

Post by cora 16th August 2010, 10:27 pm

I really like the curl styling butter. It is the only styler I know of that gave good definition but also left my hair feeling soft and moisturized.

cora

Back to top Go down

Blended Beauty Empty Review on Medium Textured, Normal - High Porosity Hair

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th August 2010, 11:31 am

Review of Blended Beauty products (http://www.blendedbeauty.com/)

Soy Cream Shampoo Ingredients: Aloe Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Witch Hazel, Vegetable Glycerin, Capryl Isostearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Guar Gum, Soy Lecithin, Cetyl Esters, Perfume, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Corn Protein, Wheat Protein, Soy Protein, Silk Powder.

I did not experience any drying using this product. My scalp was clean after one use. The smell is light and pleasant. The consistency is between thin and thick. I used about a pump and a half each time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of five

Curl Quenching Conditioner Ingredients: Aloe Vera Water, Natural Conditioners, Witch Hazel, Capryl Isostearate, Glycerin, Rice Bran Oil, Polysorbate 20, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Corn Protein, Wheat Protein, Soy Protein, Silk Powder.

This stuff is T-H-I-C-K. It was hard trying to get the product out of the jar. I also did not like that it did not seem to emulsify on my wet hands. While thick, I did not feel that it had enough slip. I wonder what the natural conditioners are.

Herbal Reconditioner Main Ingredients: Chamomile Water, Rice Bran Oil, Natural Conditioner, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Marshmallow Root, Aloe Leaf , Seaweed, Shave grass (Horse Tail), Corn Protein, Wheat Protein, Soy Protein, Silk Powder.

Another thick one that did not seem to moisturize. The product did not compare at all to my beloved Darcy Botanicals deep conditioning mask.

Kick For Curls Main Ingredients: Aloe and Chamomile Water, Polysorbate 20, Capryl Isostearate, Vegetable Glycerin, Rice Bran Oil, Natural Conditioner, Natural Preservative Optiphin.

Good, not great refresher. I had to use too much to make it worthwhile.

Curly Frizz Pudding Main Ingredients: Aloe and Chamomile Water, Shea Butter, Vegatable Glycerin, Rice Bran Oil, Capryl Isostearate, Natural Conditioner, Soy Lecithin, Guar Gum, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Silk Powder.

Not too thick and did combat frizz, I would use it after the conditioner. There is no hold with the product. Its consistency is thick but not as thick as the conditioners.

Happy Nappy Styles Main Ingredients: Aloe and Chamomile Water, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Natural Conditioner, Polysorbate 20, Vegetable Glycerin, Capryl Isostearate, Soy Lecithin,Guar Gum, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Silk Powder.

Super thick and somewhat moisturizing. While it did not weigh my curls down, I had to use too much for it to moisturize my hair.

Overall, if you hair likes shea butter, this will be a great line. My hair doesn't seem to fair well with shea butter in the first few ingredients. I will not repurchase. My mom's hair likes shea butter so I will use the conditioners and HNS on her hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down