CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are good Beauty Supply Stores in NYC??

4 posters

Go down

Where are good Beauty Supply Stores in NYC?? Empty Where are good Beauty Supply Stores in NYC??

Post by Curly Film Chick 9th January 2010, 1:59 am

hello curlies

If you're from NYC I'm wondering where you buy your hair supplies like rollers and products and what not. I currently make dashes to Ricky's because that's the only beauty supply store I can seem to get to, but I've been told that I shouldn't go there because its pricey. Does anyone else know of places?
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Where are good Beauty Supply Stores in NYC?? Empty Re: Where are good Beauty Supply Stores in NYC??

Post by splitsun 9th January 2010, 9:03 am

I don't know which borough you're in but I live Crown Heights in Brooklyn and I'm surrounded by hair supply stores and pharmacies. I do tend to visit the smaller supply stores more so than the pharmacies since I tend to get more oils, natural hair care products, hair accessories, flexi rods and the like there.

For the more popular brands like Aussie, Herbal Essences, etc, I visit Target at Atlantic Avenue Mall.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Where are good Beauty Supply Stores in NYC?? Empty Re: Where are good Beauty Supply Stores in NYC??

Post by MissCurly 9th January 2010, 12:37 pm

I don't know what burrough you live, but most of them except for Manhattan have beauty supply stores that sell cheap rollers I bought mine in Queens for 99 cents. I live in Queens near Jamaica Ave. and there are several beauty supply stores on almost every corner.
MissCurly
MissCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 9th January 2010, 3:09 pm

yeah, I think the only places in Manhattan are in Harlem (where used to live), and I don't feel like going that far uptown [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I actually live in Staten Island but commute to the city often and the only place I can get to is Rickys. The places around my way are tooo expensive and don't carry any "ethnic" or natural hair care products...sigh
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 10th January 2010, 4:25 am

there is a big one on 35th st & 8th avenue in manhattan
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down