CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 7 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 7 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Berry3674 1st February 2011, 1:48 pm

Congrats MissKris!! My sides and the back are growing faster than the crown. My wash and go is starting to look a little weird because of that. I feel like I just measured! Oh well I will measure this week or next week.

I used my jbco sunday night and will try to use it up. I'm only on wash night tho. Once it's gone I will be using the regular drugstore castor oil.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st February 2011, 2:12 pm

Hey MisChris ... i had to change my E-mail address so i had to change my name....who knows????? but i will ad an avi soon so u can see it is still me Razz

Did you measure straight or not?
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 1st February 2011, 2:45 pm

Hey Ladybird!!! I liked Ladygogohot also, but hey!!! Thanks for the compliment. I thought they were kind of scalpy but next time, I will try to spend a little more time with my coils. I do like them and how they look after a few days wear, but maybe they aren't for me.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 1st February 2011, 2:47 pm

MissKriss, great growth. I believe this castor oil and my hair are not working to grow, but to thicken. I thought I was making progress, but it seems it'sonly fuller, not longer. I will remeasure before I post my results....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st February 2011, 2:55 pm

Hey MisCee ..don't give up on the Castor oil. I have been using it for about 2 years now, it does thicken the hair alot and also helps with growth. What i believe is that other oils help as well.

I plan on doing oil infused herbs and i did a lot of research on oils that help with growth... so we' ll see.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st February 2011, 3:29 pm

@MissyCee
LOL! No I did not buy a perm. Finally returning the one I had been hoarding was sort of symbolic. It signaled that I am ready to fully commit to my natural journey. Where did you get your Koils By Nature stuff? You got me interested b/c I love stuff that smells good. bounce You're coils look good. Don't focus on the scalpiness, focus on the end result. That's what I've learned to do. How long you leaving them in?

@Butterfly125
**Wave** Hey!! Your hair looks really pretty. I agree that it looks fuller. Yay for happy accidents. I noticed when they split it up b/c I was trying to post and I got a message saying the thread was closed or locked or something. I was like Shocked! Was it b/c we talked to much?

@MissKris
woot! Your growth is amazing! You got me really wanting to try adding Rosemary oil to my Castor oil but I did NOT like the smell. Sad I wouldn't fret to much about the different growth rates. At least its growing though right? Very Happy The weather is bad here too. I am thinking I will just stretch my hair instead of flat ironing...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st February 2011, 3:41 pm

Awww, thanks, Tiff!!!!I love you

Get it, Misskris!!! woot! I'm going to measure sometime this week or this weekend for sure. I just bought some rosemary oil and will be adding it to my CO.

Ladybird, please share your findings about oils that promote growth, please, please...lol
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 1st February 2011, 3:49 pm

Yes Ladybird, please do make sure we get the results of what you find on the oils.......

Thanks Tiff. I already removed them cause I got my Koil by Nature. I woke this morning and it still smells great!!! Hope it's moist like it said it would be. I ordered it online through the site. They have sample packs. I do plan to order the full size versions, so far, as of yesterday, I like!!!!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st February 2011, 3:55 pm

My list of things to buy just got that much longer, lol.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st February 2011, 3:55 pm

Ladies, Ladies...promise i will share on my oil mixes Razz .

I am so stoke to try these and the good thing about oil is that it really does not damage the hair.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st February 2011, 3:57 pm

Funny, i am not a product junkie ...but i do like mixing my own stuff. Mainly because every thing is so easy to get.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 1st February 2011, 5:56 pm

I AM NOT A PRODUCT JUNKIE EITHER!!! There I said it!!! I do buy things, but mostly in sample size. I did post a pic a while ago,....... But now I think I need to get a staple product. I don't know why but I think I should.....hmmmmm Oh Yeah, anyone heard of Hydrotherma Naturals? I saw it on a site, looked at the reviews and the person who created it's photos, it has emu oil in it. I hope she has a sample pack????? drunken
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st February 2011, 6:15 pm

Hey Missy Cee... haven't heard about Hydrotherma Naturals? but have heard/read alot of good things about Emu oil....really good oil and really expensive.

keep me posted if you try it... i love to hear about products and their ingredients

Smile
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st February 2011, 11:15 pm

Hahahaha!!!! @ Missy - you are not a pj....so you're just a sample sized pj!!! LOL

And yeah, Lady, you MUST share those oils. Smile
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 3rd February 2011, 12:54 pm

Ok... word for the day Castor Oil....My monthly check in.

So i took my twist out after 3 weeks and here are the results.:

Lenght check-about the same all round with a little addition( but i need a trim real bad)

Thickness-I have to say WOW!!! my hair is getting so thick and i must contribute this to the castor oil.

The beauty of this oil is that it can be used as much as possible and it is also very accessible for the results you get from it.

Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 3rd February 2011, 1:58 pm

Whew!!!!! I guess we are looking at the same thing. I see thickness but not growth. Bout the same all around. I'm happy though.
Oh I really vented in my curl street journal... I was kind of drepressed and it just went on and on...... But it's out and ow I can move on. Guess these winter and snow and ice blues got to me while I was typing...

Ladybird, what are you doing with your twist while they are in? Just wearing them or are they under a wig or something? Just asking. I pretty much keep mine twisted also, but too scalpy for me to wear around.

Happy growing ladies.

MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 3rd February 2011, 2:24 pm

Hey MisCee, didn't read your vent yet on your blog ...but sorry to hear that you are kind of depressed. Don't let the winter blues get you down.

Now back to hair. When i twist my hair i wear them out for about a week to about ten days, then i braid the twist back in conrows and wear them under my wigs or hats for another 2-3 weeks. I apply my castor oil with a medicine dropper ( i think that is the name, what u get in kids medicine) in my hair hair about 3-4 times week .

Then in my spray bottle i have VG, water and a little leave in conditioner and i spry my haed @ 3 times week.

When i take my twist down, my hair is moisturize, soft and full, because i left it alone for almost 4 weeks and the process stats all over again
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th February 2011, 2:39 pm

Okay Ladies......it's been over 24 hours and no one has posted on here!!!!! LOL!!! What's goin on???
Well update. I will wash my hair tomorrow. I wanna do a DC but there's too much going on --> gym in the morning and then a cousins bday party at Dave n Busters. Although I guess I could do it after all that. I also need to wash my youngest girl's hair too. But let me tell y'all that the other week I washed my twins' hair using the comb-through-with condition-under running water method and it was SO much easier on them. It's so much easier doing it that way on me but with them I had to have them wash at the kitchen sink so not easy on my back!! LOL But it's all good. I don't know how I'm gonna do the little one cuz she's so short!! Hopefully it'll go ok.

I also need to henna but keep forgetting about it. Maybe I'll wash/DC tomorrow evening and the henna on Sunday. Yeah yeah, I know that's Superbowl Sunday but honestly I couldn't care less!!! LOL I was also thinking about trimming my ends cuz they are seeming a little rough. I could be doing better on the moisturization department.

So anyway, hope you all are doing well. Happy growing!!!!

afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 4th February 2011, 4:02 pm

Hey, everybody!!! I know we have been very quiet lately, but I do have some news...I can't wait until next Saturday and I asked my stylist to fit me in tomorrow morning for my BC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm so excited!! I can hardly wait! I love my girl and she is very good at what she does and she is a sista...BUT she does not wear her hair natural, and I started worrying about the products and detangling and such, so I've decided I would wash, DC, detangle, and twist tonight. Tomorrow she can just wet it, add condish and cut and I'm out the door. She's fair and she'll charge less if I do all that anyway. Oh, and I will have pics. Shoot, I better do a length check before then.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 5th February 2011, 3:23 am

my glass bottle of JBCO broke!!!!!!! i just lost like $7-8 Sad
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 5th February 2011, 11:51 am

Awww man Mad That's another reason I like NOW's big ol' plastic bottle of CO. Sorry, Krissy Sad.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 5th February 2011, 2:15 pm

Hey Butterfly..can't wait to see pics Laughing

@ Krissy...that 's awful, i know how that feels.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 5th February 2011, 2:21 pm

Hey everyone .. hope everyone is well. So this weekend is my do my hair weekend...UGH! but have to do it . I am trying something new so let see how that works .

I made my black tea infused oil for breaking and shedding, added that to my conditioner and henna treatment and hopes that helps( or @ least slows down) my chronic breaking and shedding. but i find it funny that my hair breaks and sheds alot but it is still growing like crazy and it is getting thicker by the month.

So i have come to the conclusion that i definitely have to do my hair once a month.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by princesspen 5th February 2011, 6:19 pm

hi ladies!!! Hope every one is doing ok. Did my measurementto start de month,will be getting briads in 2days,but will still be using my castor oil to grease my hair.
front= 6.5inches
sides(L&R)=7.5inches
middle=7.5inches
back(kitchen)=5.5inches
the front had some scab hair from my last relaxer(left it in for
too long n de front was bone straight...had to cut some off that part when I did my BC.)...LET THE GROWING BEGIN ladies!!!!!
princesspen
princesspen

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 5th February 2011, 11:23 pm

Hi Ladies! I did not measure and will not due to plain ol' discouragement. I am still cutting hair due to SSKs. I plan to cut again on Wednesday. However, I will keep applying the castor oil. I am going to add tea rinses to my regimen to combat the post partum shedding. Hopefully I will get over this cold soon so I can start.

Hope all is well with each of you!
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next