CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transition Buddy..

+18
naturellebeaute
sweet_t
lanay
crimson0300
blkdmnd2000
shaun0822
NeeC1
jAmbre
MsQue
cmonewms
tj1970
miah_23_ncb
letha
NewlyNaturelle
gotcurls?
SweetieOne
haapril
Beautifully_Me
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Transition Buddy.. - Page 2 Empty Catching Up

Post by tj1970 2nd February 2011, 3:49 pm

Hello everyone,

Well this is about my third week since my big chop and I am loving it. I have been researching different natural products to try in my hair. I am going to put some color in it so it does not look so plain since it is so short. Just wanted to keep you guys posted. Later Wink

tj1970

Back to top Go down

Transition Buddy.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Transition Buddy..

Post by NeeC1 2nd February 2011, 5:43 pm

Hi Ladies:
I think a transition buddy is a WONDERFUL idea, especially for us repeat offenders (who've transitioned before, relaxed, and are transitioning again). I'm "Deep in the Heart of Texas", San Antonio to be exact, and I'm certainly going to need some moral support (I may literally need someone to stop me from doing something stupid - relaxing due to transition frustration). Anyone local? Let's get it girls ...

NeeC1 Very Happy
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun0822 2nd February 2011, 10:26 pm

I would definitely like to join. My last relaxer was around Oct. 24 of last year. Last night, I washed and saw more of my thick new growth especially along my edges. I still call it that. Smile I am starting to feel very self conscious when I work in these corporate mostly caucasion locations.

I feel like all the world can see the difference between my natural hair and the relaxed portion. When I pull it back, you definitely can see the difference. It's also puffy!! Gotta to work to flatten it down. Very Happy

shaun0822

Back to top Go down

Post by blkdmnd2000 3rd February 2011, 7:56 pm

Hello Ladies,

I am new to transitioning and this is my first post. I am definitely looking have a buddy to go through this process with. My last relaxer was July 2010. I've been wearing my hair braided since October. I am so excited to see what my natural hair looks like once it's completely grown out. Very Happy
blkdmnd2000
blkdmnd2000

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 4th February 2011, 3:19 pm

so i just took out my twist out and i am a little frustrated, because every time i do a twist out i get different results. I did a twist out one day when i wasn't going anywhere and it was really cute and big how i like it but i can not get that same result again even tho i do the same exact thing i did before. ugh!! And i was wondering am i the only person this is happening to?
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun0822 4th February 2011, 3:34 pm

Yes, that is happening to me. I'm afraid to start my flat twists at my scalp because I don't want to put too much stress on that area. Then, I still want the front area to be 'as straight' or at least as flat as possible.

So, I think I am going to try to bun. But I don't like how one part is so shiny and my new hair is not.

shaun0822

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 4th February 2011, 4:08 pm

Shaun0822 you feel my pain..lol i do two strand twists in my hair. I been on youtube for almost an hour trying to figure out how i'm going to fix my hair. I wish i can do buns but my hair is not long enough. My hair is the opposite of yours my new growth is shiny and my relax ends is not so shiny.
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun0822 4th February 2011, 4:33 pm

If you find something let me know.

I would like my hair to look a little better than this.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by shaun0822 on 4th February 2011, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)

shaun0822

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson0300 4th February 2011, 10:04 pm

jAmbre wrote:Can I buddy up with y'all? My last relaxer was in December 2010 and I am in the baby stages of transitioning. I could definitely use the motivation and support.

I am a newbie as well. My last relaxer was Dec. 7 and I am too excited. I can't see as much growth in the front, but I can REALLY feel the waves in the center of my head. The front of my head just looks frizzy around the edges. I can't wait until I can see it all over!! I am trying to be a long term transitioner.

crimson0300

Back to top Go down

Post by lanay 6th February 2011, 5:50 pm

Hey! This is such a cute idea! I want to join too! I have never gotten a relaxer before, but I am the product of 'trained' hair/excessive heat damage. I would get my hair straightened every two weeks and wrap it up ever since I could remember. It got to the point where I could go weeks with out getting my hair done or wrapping it and it'll stay straight.

NOW, I am at my 5 month transition and I have fallen in love with my new growth. I am too chicken to BC so I'll be a very long term transitioner and here to share my journey with my transitioning buddies Smile
lanay
lanay

Back to top Go down

Transition Buddy.. - Page 2 Empty lmao sorry I just realized the pics are upside down!!!

Post by lanay 6th February 2011, 6:12 pm

Here are a couple of pics of my new growth:

just washed

I tried eco gel for the first time just on the back of my head to see what the rage was all about lol
lanay
lanay

Back to top Go down

Post by gotcurls? 6th February 2011, 11:08 pm

@lanay
girl your hair is beautiful, i have a friend that never had a relaxer but heat damage was her problem too. but she doesn't see the need for natural hair as us ladies do but to each their own. I'm loving your curl pattern, and good luck!
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

http://gotcurls.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lanay 6th February 2011, 11:46 pm

@gotcurls?
aawww thanks! And I know quite a few ladies who just don't understand or appreciate the process of going natural. I think it's amazing, there hasn't been one natural I have seen that hasn't been absolutely beautiful (inside & out)! && Goodluck to you too!!!
Very Happy
lanay
lanay

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 7th February 2011, 3:41 pm

I am getting box braids in two days, finally ( wipes forehead)lol! . I normally get box braids twice a year because i just get tired of doing my relax hair and its wont be any difference when i become 100 percent natural. But I didn't get box braids last year so i am going crazy now, so i am excited.
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNaturelle 8th February 2011, 12:00 am

Welcome to the newbies!! Hope you guys stick around for a while...I kinda like popping in here to check in with everybody!

So I FINALLY did my braidout....and it came out "okay". Ended up pinning it back and doing some kinda poof at the top of my head. It'll work until Friday. I can't WAIT to get my weave put in next week! cheers

I have sooooo much growth though, it's exciting. i can't imagine what it's gonna look like when i chop in November....hopefully I can make it that long lol
NewlyNaturelle
NewlyNaturelle

http://naturellev.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 8th February 2011, 1:53 pm

Hey Ladies -
You all provide me with SUCH inspiration that it's not even funny ... Very Happy . I read your posts and sometimes feel your pain, but in the end I say: it's really not that bad (but that's just *me*). For example, you all (at least I think) have long hair, or enough to pull back, so you can play around with different styles and techniques (whether they're successful or not). I, on the other hand, have pretty long bangs - sideswept from left to right, that are just below earlobe length - the rest of my hair is no longer than 5 or so inches at the longest and about 1/2 inch at the shortest, but it's RELAXED ... YOWZA! Can you imagine?! I couldn't WAIT to make a hair appointment for this weekend so my stylist can tighten me up. The back of my head is sprouting some beautiful thick and wavy new growth, but I can't do anything with it 'cause it's so short so it's just waving at whomever is behind me!! AHHH!!! So, I'm gonna try a wet set of some sort to disguise the madness. (LOL) In the end, I SO look forward to the day when I can create an un[i]successful style and post my mishap here ... Razz

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_t 8th February 2011, 2:24 pm

This is such a great idea! I have been transitioning since August, and I've been wearing braid outs recently. I get that really full puffy look from my braidouts every time I do them, and it has convinced my husband that natural hair will be so beautiful on me. He was skeptical at first, but after finding that look, he has fallen in love. woot! I usually just part my hair into about 10-12 sections and plait it up. Once I have it all plaited up, I take a sponge roller and remove the sponge and wind my hair up on the rod for a really tight spiral. I let it air dry and when I take it down, I have a braidout that works for me.

I'm so glad that someone came up with this idea because it does get frustrating at times. I wear wigs over my plaits if it's too cold and windy out and I like that it gives me a different look. So far I'm really embracing this journey and looking forward to seeing my natural hair texture.
sweet_t
sweet_t

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 13th February 2011, 8:24 pm

I love love love this idea!!! My last relaxer was June 23, 2010 and I have not looked back since. I'd love to join in on this and buddy up with someone or just share experiences, tips, tricks, styles, etc. with the group...

@lanay I'm also a very long term transitioner. Its been almost 8 months for me and I feel like I'm in a exclusive club or something. It seems like most ppl that I've met BC around the 6-8 month mark, possibly 1 year. I plan on going strong for about 2 years or whenever my natural hair is the length my relaxed hair was when I started my healthy hair journey (just above shoulder length).

Anyhow, I look forward to hearing from the other transitioners. Good luck and happy transitionng to all!!!
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 14th February 2011, 10:02 am

I am at that point to where no matter what style I do it does not look good anymore.. I am 1 year and 2 months into my transition.. Did a twist out last week it looked ok the 1st day but I pinned it up and everyone loved it so I re-twist that night and my hair looked a Hot Mess... So this week I wanted to try some kinky twist didn't have enough time so I just flat ironed my hair to see what it looked like.. Tried to wear it out this morning and some areas looked ok and the other part just did not look so good so I have it pinned up in a little cute ponytail. No more heat for me. Don't even like doing heat on my hair but thought I would try something different now I know why I stay away from heat.. Next week when I wash I will make sure I do a DC treatment since I used some heat.. I won't give up there has to be a style I can wear besides my ponytail that's in the avatar.. Lately I just let the pony pony go and just wear my own hair..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 14th February 2011, 10:04 am

naturellebeaute wrote:I love love love this idea!!! My last relaxer was June 23, 2010 and I have not looked back since. I'd love to join in on this and buddy up with someone or just share experiences, tips, tricks, styles, etc. with the group...

@lanay I'm also a very long term transitioner. Its been almost 8 months for me and I feel like I'm in a exclusive club or something. It seems like most ppl that I've met BC around the 6-8 month mark, possibly 1 year. I plan on going strong for about 2 years or whenever my natural hair is the length my relaxed hair was when I started my healthy hair journey (just above shoulder length).

Anyhow, I look forward to hearing from the other transitioners. Good luck and happy transitionng to all!!!

You are not alone with the long term.. I am into my 14 month of transitioning and still going strong.. June I will decide if I will cut the rest off of just wait for 2 years to transition..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 14th February 2011, 10:09 am

SweetieOne wrote:so i just took out my twist out and i am a little frustrated, because every time i do a twist out i get different results. I did a twist out one day when i wasn't going anywhere and it was really cute and big how i like it but i can not get that same result again even tho i do the same exact thing i did before. ugh!! And i was wondering am i the only person this is happening to?

No you aren't the only one.. Except everytime I do mine they look worse each time Embarassed I did switch up on my product and that was a big no no.. I should have stuck with my ole faithful.. I do think next time I will use maybe some foam setting lotion on the relax part because that seems to be the issue for me. I think I am using too much product when it gets to the relax part.. So I plan to use my products to make the twist on the already natural part and the relax part just use foam setting lotion and see how that goes.. By then I might have braids in so I won't have to worry about styles for a while
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 7th March 2011, 2:18 pm

sooo i got senegalese twist because i was tired of doing my hair but now i am missing my hair Crying or Very sad I think i need to stop watching youtube videos and stop coming on here because its not helping..lol. I hasn't been a month yet almost and i wanted to keep them in for two months but i don't think my hair is going to allow that. But anyway just wanted to say i miss my hair..lol
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNaturelle 8th March 2011, 5:54 pm

@SweetieOne, I know how you feel! It's only been 2-3 weeks since I had this weave in, and I miss my hair too...lol I'm thinking about getting a wig with bangs so that I don't have to worry about blending and that way it'll be easier for me to get to my own hair without any stress and trauma lol

I'm 5 months post today! Smile
NewlyNaturelle
NewlyNaturelle

http://naturellev.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 9th March 2011, 1:42 pm

@newlynaturelle lol im glad someone feeling my pain. My last relaxer was in October also, so congratulation to us.. Very Happy i keep touching with my new growth i know thats a "no-no". But i want it to grow as much as possible before i take them out, so i am just going to keep laying down my baby hair for comfort..lol
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 9th March 2011, 11:57 pm

I know exactly how yall are feeling about the styles not turning out quite like expected. this has been my reality lately as well. to avoid becoming severly depressed (lol) I went and got a set of micro braids which I will keep in for about 2 months.

@letha i'm also trying to make it to 2 years unless my hair doesnt agree. how can u compare your transition right now with where u were about 7-8 months in? has it gotten any better? have u been doing mini chops along the way?
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next