CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baggy method

+2
rayray19
creolebeauty1
6 posters

Go down

Baggy method  Empty Baggy method

Post by creolebeauty1 14th January 2011, 7:11 pm

For the week ends i like to wear my hair in ponytail bun up do i'm waiting for 2 wigs i ordered so i'm sort of out of styles i have been hearing about the baggy method while wearing ponytails but i'm unsure how to exactly do it i use a bit of gel to get my hair to laay down arround the edges etc than i will put it up in a bun
What do i use before i put the baggy on i was going to wet my ends add some leave in than seal with some mixed shea butter put on the baggy than attach my ponytail for 2 days or until i get my wig is that good or am i missing a step ? don't wanna do it wrong lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Baggy method  Empty Re: Baggy method

Post by rayray19 14th January 2011, 7:19 pm

that's correct! I use conditioner though instead of a leave in..and since i cant put my hair in a ponytail I just apply conditioner and oils to damp hair and put on a plastic cap..I leave it on for awhile and then just let my hair air dry (my hair is usually in twist when i do this method)

I did this for a whole week once, and my hair loved it!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 14th January 2011, 8:26 pm

Okay thanks sweets i'm going to try it tonight and we will see i'm a keep it in for 2 days i hope i don't over do it lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 14th January 2011, 8:36 pm

So, you don't leave it overnight? And when the bag is removed you don't co-wash or anything, right? I've never really fully understood how to do this but since my hair is color treated I'd like to explore it and give it a try.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 14th January 2011, 9:44 pm

When I used that method I spritzed my hair with oil and water, then added either a cream moisturizer or leave-in, put on my plastic cap, satin bonnet, and then went to bed. Sometimes I would run undiluted evoo in my hair, spritz with water/KCKT, and then put on my caps. The oil and water steamed my hair really well overnight. My hair was supremely moisturized the next day.

Tweak the process to meet your needs. It took me a couple of days to find the best method for me.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 14th January 2011, 9:58 pm

Am I supposed to wash out whatever is used to baggy?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 14th January 2011, 10:16 pm

Nope, I don't wash it out because it's mostly the same products I use for styling. Sometimes I baggied my hair with KCCC, a leave-in spray, and evoo. When I woke up, my hair was crazy soft and not messy looking. The next day your hair will be soft, moisturized, and would require a few touch-ups before you go on your way. It's the weekend! Give it a go and see if it's something you may want to try! If your hair gets matted easily, do a hair test before you try it fully.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 14th January 2011, 11:22 pm

Fleur, thanks a lot. I would have never thought of using KCCC for baggying. That's one of my faves and my hair responds well to it. And the weekend is probably the best time to try. That way I don't have to wake up and worry about last minute styling changes.

One last question, when you apply your products do you apply them just as you would when you style? For instance you listed KCCC, a leave in spray and evoo, are they applied in that order? Or do I do my normal water based moisturizer/conditioner, sealing oil and then put on my bag? HOpe that makes sense.... Very Happy
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 14th January 2011, 11:45 pm

When I baggy, I'm doing it on already-styled hair that already has product so I use a limited amount of extra product. I spritz with water first, rub KCCC through my hair, then rub the oil through before I baggy. (Usually when I style my hair, I add oil, then KCCC). KCCC does not dry up under the bag because it thrives off of moisture until it eventually dries up when it airing out. I found it to be superb for bagging my hair because it stays soft and moisturizing while giving great definition. There's no wrong way to do it. Moisture is the key. The final test is determining if you like the way your hair feels after adding all the moisture. If you like it, baggy it up and sleep tight.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 15th January 2011, 12:47 am

You are not suppose to rinse it out after i think the purpose is to moisturize your hair to the max especially those ends i spritz my hair with some water than i applied some giovani direct leave mixed with Evoo than i sealed with mixed shea butter than baggy my ends and added my faux pony i plan on wearing that style for the next 3 days or until i get my new wigs in the mail here is my pony baggying underneath [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
What ya think of my pony lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 15th January 2011, 7:23 pm

your pony looks georgous! You did it on wet hair?
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th January 2011, 8:30 pm

I am so lost on the whole baggying thing. Sounds like it works well though... Creole you rocking that pony!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 15th January 2011, 8:33 pm

It was semi wet i spritz my hair with water than i added some leave in and dded my shea mix to my roots and ends than i put my hair up in a high bun and i baggy the top part and than attached my faux pony and shaped it with some bobby pins i still aint go no where with my hair
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down