CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to baggy or not?

+4
Jonezy
jad928
rebelrocks
dajewel
8 posters

Go down

to baggy or not? Empty to baggy or not?

Post by dajewel 11th November 2009, 12:37 pm

any views would be appreciative!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

to baggy or not? Empty Re: to baggy or not?

Post by rebelrocks 11th November 2009, 12:39 pm

How does baggying work? =X
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 11th November 2009, 1:10 pm

i believe is just wrapping hair with saran wrap or using a plastic beauty to encourage more DT??

http://bglhonline.com/2009/11/bellemuses-simple-growth-regimen/#comments
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 11th November 2009, 1:47 pm

I could see the logic in that. I do that when i Henna, but when I am just doing a normal DT i use those little plastic shower caps.

If you try it, let me know how it worked and if you noticed a difference. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by jad928 11th November 2009, 2:41 pm

All last winter I put my hair in a phony ponytail and underneath I would moisturize with aloe vera juice and seal with castor oil. It really turned my hair around my ends stayed protected and moist all winter long. This winter I am experimenting with wash -n - go and twist outs so I baggy at night. I moisturize my hair with a creamy water based moisturizer and seal with an oil. I have noticed that I cannot do this every night because what happens is my hair becomes overly moisturized and mushy.
jad928
jad928

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 11th November 2009, 3:26 pm

The way I baggy sounds similar to Jad928--moisturizing and oiling/sealing nightly (or as many days out of the week as possible), and covered ends in plastic sandwhich baggies (I've never tried covering the whole head though). I section my hair in 4 moisturize, oil, and put my hair in 4 buns, then cover/wrap those buns with sandwich baggies held on with bobby-pins

Here is a link to a photo showing how much length I retained in 4 months when I used this me nightly http://public.fotki.com/Ameme/comparison-shots/compar4.html

I had less split ends, and as you can see was ableto retain a decent amount of growth for those months, every morning my hair was nice and soft--I usually rocked a bun daily to protect the ends as well. Which reminds me I need to start doing this again.

Last edited by Jonezy on 11th November 2009, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 11th November 2009, 3:37 pm

When I had shorter hair I would baggy overnight with a plastic cap, similar to Jad928 and Jonezy. Right now it's waaaay too cold to baggy overnight with a plastic cap, so I've started using BelleMuse's method of baggying in the evening for several hours. I've only done it once so far, but my hair already feels softer.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 11th November 2009, 5:46 pm

Is wearing a plastic cap during a dc treatment called baggying too? If so, I do this for an 1-2 hrs weekly. Besides that, my experience with overnight baggying was not good. It left my hair over-conditioned. It took my hair a few days to recover. I haven't done it since. I guess it depends on how moisturized your hair already is. The only time I would consider the overnight method again is if my hair is REALLY dry and needs a serious deep moisture treatment.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 18th November 2009, 1:51 pm

I baggy at times...I know ppl with relaxers do it for their scruffy/dry ends but I do my whole head when it is lacking in moisture. However, I do not seal until the next day. I just put watev moisture on my hair put the baggy and then when i wake up take it off and let it dry a little and then seal with oil.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 13th August 2010, 5:51 pm

Jonezy wrote:The way I baggy sounds similar to Jad928--moisturizing and oiling/sealing nightly (or as many days out of the week as possible), and covered ends in plastic sandwhich baggies (I've never tried covering the whole head though). I section my hair in 4 moisturize, oil, and put my hair in 4 buns, then cover/wrap those buns with sandwich baggies held on with bobby-pins

Here is a link to a photo showing how much length I retained in 4 months when I used this me nightly http://public.fotki.com/Ameme/comparison-shots/compar4.html

I had less split ends, and as you can see was ableto retain a decent amount of growth for those months, every morning my hair was nice and soft--I usually rocked a bun daily to protect the ends as well. Which reminds me I need to start doing this again.

That growth is AMAZING!!!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down