CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?

+4
rubylouisedesigns
LaToya28
BajanPrincess82
Newly_Curly21
8 posters

Go down

How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?  Empty How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?

Post by Newly_Curly21 9th January 2011, 4:44 am

My hair is practically moisturized almost everyday. I M&S once a day before I put my hair into a curly bun or wear it out. I re-twist my hair once a week, every weekend and I use moisturizing gels like lily of the desert aloe vera gel, ecostyler, or any cheap gel that I can easily mix with water and oil.

I typically don't use deep conditioners b/c most are expensive for my budget or don't really do a good job deep conditioning. I use Suave Professionals conditioners mixed with oils or Tresemme and Aussie conditioners or the Aussie dc but my hair still feels like it normally did...which is kind of tangly with a couple of fairy knots and not as soft as I would like it to be.

What are some good conditioners or deep conditioners that can easily be found at the drugstore or the bss for less than $10 and can make 3c/4a baby soft?

Newly_Curly21

Back to top Go down

How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?  Empty Re: How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th January 2011, 11:29 am

I have 3c/4a hair and its not 'baby soft', but it is somewhat soft and manageable.

The conditioners I use are Yes to Carrots/Tomatoes/Cucumbers, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration/Totally Twisted, Garnier Fructisse Sleek and Shine, and/or Organix Coconut conditioner. These all make my hair easy to detangle and leave it feeling soft and moisturized.

For deep conditioning I used to use Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask Deep, but I can't seem to find it anymore (does anyone know why???). Now I use Pantene Pro-V Curly Hair Series Deep Moisturizing Treatment mixed with coconut/olive oil and honey and it works great.

I don't spend a lot of money on hair products. I've been natural all my life and have discovered that it is never worth it to buy expensive products b/c there is almost ALWAYS a cheaper substitute that works just as good.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?  Empty Re: How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?

Post by LaToya28 9th January 2011, 11:50 am

BP82, that mask has been discontinued...I'm guessing because they came out with the curly hair series confused

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th January 2011, 7:36 pm

LaToya28 wrote:BP82, that mask has been discontinued...I'm guessing because they came out with the curly hair series confused
WHAT?!?! I'm so sad Sad The curly series deep conditioner is good, but not like the mask! I can't believe they did that.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylouisedesigns 29th January 2011, 10:35 pm

For baby soft hair implement EVCO (extra virin coconut oil) & Jojoba Oil...
Since I added them to my routine I dont need the expensive DC's. I also do a oil rinse with the EVCO & Jojoba and it keeps my dry ends baby soft and brushable (no breakage or tearing) !!!!!

p.s. I use evco & jojoba daily as a moisturizer when I twist or braid at nights.
I love the coconut oil because my hair sucks it up but remains soft Smile
rubylouisedesigns
rubylouisedesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogyrl 29th January 2011, 11:05 pm

Shea moisture curl smoothie. It really softens my hair. Slld at target

Gogyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 30th January 2011, 12:19 am

I use HEHH as a leave-in for absolutely everything. That's normally the only thing I put in my hair and people always touch my hair and compliment its softness. HEHH is far less that $10.
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naomimaxine927 30th January 2011, 12:50 am

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil does an amazing job at softening my roots, I use it as a prepoo, as I tend to use shampoo with sulfates. I also use it to seal, and in dc's. You can also try aloe vera gel or juice, that helps soften and moisturize.

Another favorite of mine is shea butter, the mixture of avg and shea is amazing.
naomimaxine927
naomimaxine927

http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 1st February 2011, 1:24 pm

I have been using Vo5 conditioners for wkly cowashes they are on sale this wk here in NC for $.77 It has been working well for me but I need a real good DC now
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down