CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insanely Soft Hair After Flat Ironing

3 posters

Go down

Insanely Soft Hair After Flat Ironing Empty Insanely Soft Hair After Flat Ironing

Post by PyreFli42 17th November 2010, 12:51 am

So I recently flat ironed my hair for the first time in many months. I used a silicone based smoothing gel beforehand, and found that my hair would not really stay flat--it kept frizzing. I don't know whether it was humidity, but I got the impression that it might have been related to the smoothing gel holding in moisture.
In any case, I used a tiny bit of some old light-hold hair spray that for some reason I still had hiding behind cobwebs way back in my cabinet, and my hair stayed pretty straight until I washed it.

Getting to the point, when I washed it, it was SOOOO SOFT! Even after a good washing with a strong shampoo to get rid of cones and hairspray, my hair felt incredibly smooth, soft, and moisturized. My guess is that flat ironing thoroughly sealed/flattened the cuticles. This was two weeks ago, and my hair still feels better than it did before.

Does anyone know why? Any guesses? Anyone else have this happen?
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Insanely Soft Hair After Flat Ironing Empty Re: Insanely Soft Hair After Flat Ironing

Post by laleepop14 19th November 2010, 12:22 pm

I dont really know and can only offer my ecperience but when I flat ironed my hair remained EXTRA soft for about two weeks.. Like softer than it usually is. So I dont know if its something to do with the heat and the products we use when flat ironing or what. I was nervous that my hair wouldnt revert but it actually did and I had no problem with heat damage. My hair was also sort of easier to style within those 2 weeks and even when I used some leave in, it wouldnt curl up like it did when I hadn't straightened it.

Very Happy
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Insanely Soft Hair After Flat Ironing Empty Re: Insanely Soft Hair After Flat Ironing

Post by PyreFli42 20th November 2010, 1:31 am

I'm glad to hear your story--I was a little nervous too, and even after it curled back up just fine, I've still been worried simply because I hadn't experienced this before. It felt nice for my hair to feel so soft, but I didn't know whether that was just... damage, or something.

So thanks, I'll exhale now--phew! And I won't be straightening again any time soon afro
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 22nd November 2010, 11:59 am

Yeah I think I'll only straighten every once in a while too, just because I was so nervous my hair wouldnt revert after all my hardwork I put in...Glad I helped you exhale!!! lol!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 29th November 2010, 3:27 am

I just flat ironed my hair today and it is extremly soft as well. I contribute it to taking better care of my hair. Before my healthy hair quest, I didn't take care of my hair the way I do now, so i just assume that my hair is healthier now and that's the difference. I know now how to protect my hair when wearing flat ironed hair or my hair in it's natural state. I think that's the biggest difference.
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down