CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soft as Cotton Hair

3 posters

Go down

Soft as Cotton Hair Empty Soft as Cotton Hair

Post by Str8Curly 2nd September 2010, 2:17 pm

GM Ladies, (Oh Good Morning is my greeting no matter what time of the day is.)

I've been natural (with out chemicals) for over 6yrs, but recently decided to stop straightening my hair. I developed a routine (wash,detangle,dc) early and start to see my curls. A few weeks into my routine I noticed that the hair at the back of my head/nape of my neck was super soft. At first I was excited (I used to say I had "kunta kente grandma" hair - very difficult to manage) since I never thought my hair could be in such a state, but lately I've become worried that my hair will become too soft and be a problem.

Anyone had the same experience and/or worries? What did you do? Should I be worried?

Thanks Ladies...

Str8Curly

Back to top Go down

Soft as Cotton Hair Empty Re: Soft as Cotton Hair

Post by kbelle 2nd September 2010, 8:13 pm

The back of my hair is really soft (like the very nape, but the rest is thick, more coarse and WHOA at times LOL).
Soft hair isn't a bad thing at all. My daughter's texture is like that all over. I just have to keep it moisturized or she will have major flyaway frizz at times. The back of my hair that is soft like that tends to not hold twists very well so I end up using gel in those area along with my regular shea butter mix or my fav Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer on it (with the Curly Butter) for light hold. You may have to play with it to see what works, but I think you should have no big worries. I bet it is very pretty!
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 2nd September 2010, 9:53 pm

You just never noticed. I never noticed until recently. When it is moisturized it shows up most.

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down