CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?

+4
DreamMerchant
FalconTress
LaToya28
Newly_Curly21
8 posters

Go down

How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?  Empty How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?

Post by Newly_Curly21 9th January 2011, 4:44 am

My hair is practically moisturized almost everyday. I M&S once a day before I put my hair into a curly bun or wear it out. I re-twist my hair once a week, every weekend and I use moisturizing gels like lily of the desert aloe vera gel, ecostyler, or any cheap gel that I can easily mix with water and oil.

I typically don't use deep conditioners b/c most are expensive for my budget or don't really do a good job deep conditioning. I use Suave Professionals conditioners mixed with oils or Tresemme and Aussie conditioners or the Aussie dc but my hair still feels like it normally did...which is kind of tangly with a couple of fairy knots and not as soft as I would like it to be.

What are some good conditioners or deep conditioners that can easily be found at the drugstore or the bss for less than $10 and can make 3c/4a baby soft?

Newly_Curly21

Back to top Go down

How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?  Empty Re: How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?

Post by LaToya28 9th January 2011, 11:41 am

I use Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing treatment and it works great. You can get it at Sally for 10.99 (or less if it's on sale). Lustrasilk Shea butter cholesterol plus and Lustrasilk Organic cholesterol w/argan oil are less than $3 so you can give those a try as well.

What moisturizer are you using? You only mention gels. Perhaps that is the problem. A moisturizing leave-in conditioner would probably help. You can mix it with your oils as well.

Hope this helps.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?  Empty Re: How can I get baby soft hair for less than $10?

Post by FalconTress 9th January 2011, 12:09 pm

Lots of curlies have success with the products you mentioned, so before you spend a lot of money on different products make sure that product build up on your hair is not interfering with their ability to work.

Before I switched to natural products, I used the L'Oreal Everstrong Deep Replenishing Masque (I emphasize Everstrong because it is the only one I tried). It is the one in the green jar. It is $6-7, I usually have a coupon. If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond near you that sells beauty products, wait for the 20% coupon that they mail & post online.

HTH

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 9th January 2011, 4:12 pm

I just learned that you can deep condition with Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1. It makes my hair super soft so I am sure if it is used as a deep condissh, it still be soft. I have not tried it yet because I just ran out and I am on a 24 PJ watch!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 9th January 2011, 5:42 pm

The name of my DC is One 'n Only Argan Oil Reconstructive mask. I add a lil honey and oils to it and sit under the dryer for a few min. It is tha biz! It's 9.99 u can get it at Sally's (I got mine at the bss). If you still don't wanna spend that much though try adding oils AND honey to your DC and then using heat for like 15-20 min (if u have a hooded dryer). I can always tell the difference when I use heat and when I dont.
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 9th January 2011, 5:54 pm

I added 1/3 of a fermodyl vial to my deep conditioner (homemade with some oils and conditioner) and it made my hair super soft and moisturized. I think it sells for around $2.50 at Sally's but you can find it cheaper at another BSS. It's not an everyday thing but you can add it to what you already have to make it better/more effective.

HTH!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Newly_Curly21 9th January 2011, 9:57 pm

What is fermodyl vial Krissyc39? I've never heard of that. What does it look like?

Newly_Curly21

Back to top Go down

Post by Newly_Curly21 9th January 2011, 10:01 pm

LaToya28 wrote:I use Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing treatment and it works great. You can get it at Sally for 10.99 (or less if it's on sale). Lustrasilk Shea butter cholesterol plus and Lustrasilk Organic cholesterol w/argan oil are less than $3 so you can give those a try as well.

What moisturizer are you using? You only mention gels. Perhaps that is the problem. A moisturizing leave-in conditioner would probably help. You can mix it with your oils as well.

Hope this helps.

I use garnier fructis cream leave in conditioner. I also use sunsilk anti-poof mixed with water and oil leave in. But my hair still isn't soft. But I'll give the Lustrasilk and the Silk Elements a shot. I've heard it's pretty good.

Newly_Curly21

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 9th January 2011, 10:13 pm

My DC 's varies from completely natural to store brought i have done the avocado , EVoo and honey ... and on lazy days i DC with jane carter solution and i add EVOO and honey to it , For my leave in i do the kimmaytube mehod with the Giovanni direct leave in
So you can DC with avocado honey and EvOO = about 5 or 6 dollars than the jane carter solution that's about 8 dollars the giovanni direct leave in is 4.76 on vitacost.com 7 dollars and most stores
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Newly_Curly21 9th January 2011, 10:31 pm

FalconTress wrote:Lots of curlies have success with the products you mentioned, so before you spend a lot of money on different products make sure that product build up on your hair is not interfering with their ability to work.

Before I switched to natural products, I used the L'Oreal Everstrong Deep Replenishing Masque (I emphasize Everstrong because it is the only one I tried). It is the one in the green jar. It is $6-7, I usually have a coupon. If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond near you that sells beauty products, wait for the 20% coupon that they mail & post online.

HTH

I clarified recently but my hair still didn't feel soft when I dc'd. I'll try the Loreal Mask though thank you!

Newly_Curly21

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 10th January 2011, 12:45 am

Ditto Lustrasilk cholesterol conditioners. I use them all the time for dc'ing and I have even styled with them. Best conditioner that $3 can spend and you can find them at the dollar store. I typically use the olive oil one but I have tried the shea butter one in the past. Great for detangling. I tend to avoid hefty price tags at all cost. LOL
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down