CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you guys wrap your hair when its straightened?

4 posters

Go down

How do you guys wrap your hair when its straightened?  Empty How do you guys wrap your hair when its straightened?

Post by QuirkyCurly 1st January 2011, 7:59 pm

I straightened my hair for a length check and every night my scarfs (a bonnet + 2 scarfs and a silk pillow case) have come off and the back of my hair is frizzy. I can't risk the heat damage of re-straightening my hair every day. Please Help!
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

How do you guys wrap your hair when its straightened?  Empty Re: How do you guys wrap your hair when its straightened?

Post by chynadoll8799 1st January 2011, 11:07 pm

comb flat to the head on the left....pin from the bottom up
comb flat to the head around the back....pin
comb the top of my head down and to the right a little bit....pin
comb right side of my hair flat to the head....pin....this area will be thick b/c ive pushed all of my hair this way.
Now i have a little bit of a "pony tail" on the top right side of my head by the temple......
flatten that "pony tail" to my head and pin ON THE LEFT side.
BEVERY STILL so my pins dont fall out....(LOL!)
wrap up with a scarf
pull out pins
put bonnet on.....
go to sleep.

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

How do you guys wrap your hair when its straightened?  Empty Re: How do you guys wrap your hair when its straightened?

Post by Fleur 1st January 2011, 11:22 pm

When I had long hair, I put rubbed oil lightly around my wrap to smooth it, then I would put those paper wraps around my hair before putting a scarf on top. The oil and paper wraps gave me smooth edges and a non-frizzy kitchen. You can get them at Sally's or your local beauty store.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2011, 11:35 pm

@NaturalSinceBirth.....ummmmm..whenever u wrap ur hair there are alot of methods....some people go counter clockwise and wrap their hair with a close bristle brush and they smooth a oil or glaze over their hair, put a "wrap cap" (similar to a du-rag that men wear) and sit under a heated dryer or u can just wrap it, put the wrap cap on, use glaze or oil and go to sleep then comb it down later when ur ready....idk bout y'all, but it seems my wraps came out MUCH better w/ a relaxer~ Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 1st January 2011, 11:57 pm

Thanks everyone! The back of my head is tore up as im typing..seems like such a waste Sad
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 2nd January 2011, 12:48 pm

I wrap my hair like the pp described and then secure my hair in place with large duckbill clips. I wear a ton of scarves and bonnets. After I wrap and secure in place with pins I put this velcro wrap thingee around my head (I apologize but I do not know the proper name. I purchased it from Target or walmart I'm sure). Then I wear a do rag, then a satin bonnet.

When my hair starts to frizz up like it has lately I just section my hair in four sections and twirl my hair in pin curls and secure with bobby pins. When I wake up in the morning it has a wavy look. Because when it starts to frizz up there is no way of resolving it with my hair, it's just a lost cause so I don't fight it anymore.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down