CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you guys sometimes not comb your hair at night?

+16
QueenSheba
NhappyJackie
MrsSunshinz
Choctaw
Madeaj
curlya
naturalesque
misskris
j. kinky
SummerSkye
rayray19
Sebastain13
mizcreativelyme
Renny
Lynnieluve
RonnieV
20 posters

Go down

Do you guys sometimes not comb your hair at night? Empty Do you guys sometimes not comb your hair at night?

Post by RonnieV 8th December 2010, 7:34 pm

Well I tried not combing it two nights ago. I just retwisted it dry with my fingers and didn't comb it. My hair still looked fine the next day and I used coconut oil to twist it with. What do you guys do? I personally hate wetting it everynight and then retwisting it so it just seems easier. I will test it out by the end of the week to see if it works when I do comb my hair before I wash it.

RonnieV

RonnieV

Back to top Go down

Do you guys sometimes not comb your hair at night? Empty Re: Do you guys sometimes not comb your hair at night?

Post by Lynnieluve 8th December 2010, 7:43 pm

I dont comb my hair when I retwist. You loose less hair when you dont use a comb retwist.

I usually comb my hair once a week but I wear protective styles 5-6 days and out styles 1-2 days a week.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Do you guys sometimes not comb your hair at night? Empty Re: Do you guys sometimes not comb your hair at night?

Post by Renny 8th December 2010, 8:28 pm

I don't use a comb when I retwist. I do use a teeny bit of oil. It's barely enough to do anything, but I'm combatting friz.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 8th December 2010, 9:59 pm

I only use a comb when detangling once a week, if then. Otherwise, I'll finger detangle. I've learned that my natural hair does not favor daily use of the comb. I lost so much hair in the beginning of my natural journey until I finally came to the conclusion to step away from the comb - there will always be a few tangles here and there due to coils intertwining, etc. My fingers work better b/c I can feel what needs attention versus ripping through my hair with a comb.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 8th December 2010, 10:08 pm

I dont comb until I condition my hair weekly I will comb the end sometimes if they are tangled but thats it
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 8th December 2010, 10:39 pm

yea i dont use a comb either when i retwist..I just twist my hair in smaller section..I only really comb my hair when im DC
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerSkye 9th December 2010, 1:09 am

I don't comb! Just retwist. I only put a comb in my hair about once a week.
SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 9th December 2010, 1:14 am

i might finger comb when i retwist...but the only time that a comb touch my hair is on wash day
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 9th December 2010, 1:22 am

I combed my hair yesterday when I took out my twists to do cornrows, and I combed a smidge today (mainly the ends) when I did my castor oil and retwisted. But other than that, no. I usually only comb on wash day to detangle and do my twists. Tonight when I retwisted I mainly finger combed. I don't think I have EVER combed my hair every night!! LOL Less combing = less breakage and that's what I am shooting for.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalesque 9th December 2010, 10:14 am

I only comb on wash/days. However, I usually finger-comb at night or in the mornings.
naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 9th December 2010, 10:29 am

Same here, I only comb on detangling days. I finger comb/ seperate all other times.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 9th December 2010, 10:51 am

I might finger detangle at night and make a few big twists or braids. I only comb when my hair is saturated with conditioner or something with slip. I don't even comb with the shampoo because it might break the hair.

No comb, no brush on my dry hair! affraid
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 9th December 2010, 10:59 am

Smile that is my mother's favorite comment: why don't you comb your hair?

I use shower comb and denman to detangle in the shower and the denman distributes products on freshly washed hair. I use fingers on dry hair.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSunshinz 9th December 2010, 11:53 am

I comb once a week after my dc. My hair is usually in twists n I may rock a twist out on the weekends, and then I only finger comb.
MrsSunshinz
MrsSunshinz

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 9th December 2010, 1:51 pm

This may sound really bad....but...I only comb/finger comb my hair about twice a month Wink It's really not that bad though. I wear twists for about 3 weeks (hopefully I can stretch it to 4) and wear it out for 1 week. I comb while installing the twist to remove tangles. I untwist on clean, dry hair and there are hardly any tangles that can't be removed by hand. After wearing it out for a week, I'll comb after DC'ing. I do lose a lot of hair but it is much overdue shedding.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 9th December 2010, 6:43 pm

I comb my hair about once a week when I wash and DT. Even longer if I put off washing my hair.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 9th December 2010, 7:19 pm

Lol, no. I try to stay away from the comb... Trying to be nice to my hair, lol. I haven't brushed in months, lol.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th December 2010, 8:07 pm

i comb about once a week. now that i can pineapple it's game over. i barely even retwist.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 9th December 2010, 8:11 pm

Only once a week during conditioning process... first with wide tooth comb followed by fine tooth comb. I usually wear a two strand twist out for a week until next wash day.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 9th December 2010, 8:12 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:i comb about once a week. now that i can pineapple it's game over. i barely even retwist.
I know what you mean, I can finally pineapple.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 9th December 2010, 8:42 pm

Nope no combing unless its wash + detangle time. Even if i re-wet my hair a little i dont comb it. I just grab and twist
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down