CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silk/Saran Wrap on '4b' Hair

5 posters

Go down

Silk/Saran Wrap on '4b' Hair Empty Silk/Saran Wrap on '4b' Hair

Post by jaybella 27th July 2010, 2:56 am

Hey guys! I am not new to forums and such, but I am new to Curly Nikki's forum. Love the blog. Anywho, I was wondering if anyone has achieved a successful silk wrap (saran wrap) on type 4 hair? I am exploring styling options as well as trying to do something different. Now, my 1 year nappyversary is on Thursday and I am just weighing in some options for styling my hair.

My hair isn't that long (maybe 5-6 inches) but I say Mahogany Curl's video and she did hers on short hair...and it also came out nice. So, anyone had sucess?

Very Happy
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Silk/Saran Wrap on '4b' Hair Empty Re: Silk/Saran Wrap on '4b' Hair

Post by laleepop14 27th July 2010, 11:59 am

I tried it once, but I think I did the saran wrap part wrong and I didnt use rollers I flat ironed my hair. My hair has about 2-3 textures in it. The front is a breeze to deal with but the lower back is about a 4z.lol...But I think it wil wrok fine if you follow the steps Let us know if you try it out. I want to straighten my hair again, but Im nervous about damaging all my hardwork for my curls...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 27th July 2010, 12:46 pm

I know that straightening your hair is like playing Russian Roulette, but it has been on my mind for a while, so I figured I might as well get it over with! Smile My texture is the same way, damn near straight in the front and back, but when you get to the middle section...its a jungle! A very dense jungle.

Thanks for the reply!
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th July 2010, 9:39 pm

Jaybella looks like we might be hair sisters. I've done a rollerset, but not with the saran wrap. And not with the intent to get it straight. But it still didn't come out as smooth as I would have hoped. Let me know how it turns out for you.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 28th July 2010, 10:56 am

jaybella wrote:I know that straightening your hair is like playing Russian Roulette, but it has been on my mind for a while, so I figured I might as well get it over with! Smile My texture is the same way, damn near straight in the front and back, but when you get to the middle section...its a jungle! A very dense jungle.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes thats exactly how my hair is. I did flat iron my hair once and it didnt last overnight..My hair was already reverted partially in the morning when I woke up, I guess I was sweating...lol..But I only did it for a length check and it makes it a little more easier to see growth when it is straight in my opinion.

Let us know how it turns out if you do it!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 30th July 2010, 1:37 am

I would love to see pics too!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 30th July 2010, 10:58 am

Sorry these are late. I tried to do the saran wrap part, but hair was too darn thick to fit under the sraran wrap! Rolling Eyes The next time I try it I will be sure to maybe use a blowdryer for my roots. I didn't take a picture of my hair in the rollers because I was just ready to get under the dryer after trying to fuss with those rollers after 2 hours. lol.

But I did take a picture of the after effects of the roller set after it had been brushed out with my denman. I will say my texture came out just like it would have if I had done a hard blowdry to it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I suspect had I done about two passes with the flat iron, my hair would have been straight...but idk. Sorry if you guys expected something else! Embarassed
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th July 2010, 11:16 am

I think u had good results. I like how u styled it.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 30th July 2010, 3:10 pm

I think the results are great too! I have never seen it done on natural hair. Only permed hair. GOOD JOB!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 18th August 2010, 5:29 pm

jaybella wrote:Sorry these are late. I tried to do the saran wrap part, but hair was too darn thick to fit under the sraran wrap! Rolling Eyes The next time I try it I will be sure to maybe use a blowdryer for my roots. I didn't take a picture of my hair in the rollers because I was just ready to get under the dryer after trying to fuss with those rollers after 2 hours. lol.

But I did take a picture of the after effects of the roller set after it had been brushed out with my denman. I will say my texture came out just like it would have if I had done a hard blowdry to it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I suspect had I done about two passes with the flat iron, my hair would have been straight...but idk. Sorry if you guys expected something else! Embarassed

Yeah I think it looks great and similar to a blow out without heat which is always a good thing to avoid. So I think it looks great as far as avoiding heat and Im sure if you lfat ironed it or something it would have been straight if that was what you were looking for... It looks so soft and fluffy!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 18th August 2010, 5:57 pm

I tried a roller set + silk wrap about a year ago, and like jaybella's it came out like (I suspect) a blow dry would have. I have cottony hair, so I'm not sure what kind of hair magic I would have to perform to get a silky looking rollerset, but I suspect it's just not in the cards for me.

I think the saran part did make my hair a LITTLE smoother, but not a whole lot. Oh, and did I mention how HOT it gets under that darned plastic??
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down