CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micro Braids

2 posters

Go down

Micro Braids Empty Micro Braids

Post by tevincent 29th December 2010, 4:50 pm

On Novemeber 16th I did the "Big Chop" about a week after I got micros because of the winter weather and to get alittle more length. My question is, is there something that I should be doing daily or weekly to my hair to stimulate growth or keep it moisturized? I have been putting Coconut oil in my hair everyday because I work out 6 days a week, is the okay?

tevincent
tevincent

Back to top Go down

Micro Braids Empty Re: Micro Braids

Post by yacoomba 29th December 2010, 5:04 pm

tevincent wrote:On Novemeber 16th I did the "Big Chop" about a week after I got micros because of the winter weather and to get alittle more length. My question is, is there something that I should be doing daily or weekly to my hair to stimulate growth or keep it moisturized? I have been putting Coconut oil in my hair everyday because I work out 6 days a week, is the okay?

Congrats on the BC -check out this link
https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/t7973-my-homemade-braiding-spray
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by tevincent 29th December 2010, 5:08 pm

Thank you! That was simple enough.
tevincent
tevincent

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 29th December 2010, 5:13 pm

tevincent wrote:Thank you! That was simple enough.

No problem, I'm using this braid spray daily on my kinky twists and oilling my scalp with castor oil mix (castor oil, sweet almond oil, and tea tree). So I think you already have started doing good with the coconut oil using it. The Homemade Recipe thread has a lot of good recipes on there for other things too -check it out :-)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by tevincent 29th December 2010, 5:17 pm

Do you think just using the coconut oil daily is fine? Or should I be mixing it with other products like you and the link you sent?
tevincent
tevincent

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 29th December 2010, 7:08 pm

tevincent wrote:Do you think just using the coconut oil daily is fine? Or should I be mixing it with other products like you and the link you sent?

The coconut oil is fine you don't have to mix it, I'm in the Castor Oil challenge and some of us have other oils mixed in with our castor oil. I have the sweet almond oil mixed in with mine due to I put the tea tree oil in, the sweet almond oil is a carrier or or base for the tea tree oil (to help keep the itchies/dandruff at bay for me). So as you can see I'm doing it for a whole other reason (lol). I was going to say with the braid spray mix on the link I sent you can tweak it to your liking-this is just what she did but if you don't have a certain oil or like one better than the other use what you have. You don't have to put everything in the mist bottle. Some people put water, leave in conditioner, and oil of choice in a bottle for a daily moisturizer. So as you can see there are different variations you can play around with to see what you like and what your hair responds to best. HTH
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down