CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itchy, burning scalp

+2
tpayne22
Kimberly
6 posters

Go down

Itchy, burning scalp Empty Itchy, burning scalp

Post by Kimberly 28th December 2010, 9:14 pm

Hello everyone and happy holidays. This is my first post I'm trying to figure out what to do about my scalp because it feels like it is on fire. I've been wearing a protective style and have been using weave to do so. I know that my scalp is very sensitive and it has taken me a long time to get to the point in which my hair is soft. I don't do heat I co-wash every week and also deep condition, I use shea butter and castor oil to seal. On Thursday I mixed Neem and Aritha powders together and I my scalp has been so very irritable. I've used Neem by itself and did not have this issue but I can't remember if I had added hair to my protective style. I had micro braids before and had to take them out right away because of how sensitive my scalp is (the weave that was added had my scalp on fire to the point that I cried). That was years ago but because of the protective style Tiashantee showed us that I liked and not having her length I decided to try adding weave again, the first time I had a little irritation but this second time the irritation is off the charts. I think I'm going to pre-poo, co-wash and deep condition tomorrow and see how it feels, I've gotten it under control by putting castor oil on my scalp every day but I think I'm going to just re wash and see what happens. Does anybody else has any suggestions?

Kimberly

Back to top Go down

Itchy, burning scalp Empty Re: Itchy, burning scalp

Post by tpayne22 29th December 2010, 12:10 am

Well I never had issues that severe but I have always had dandruff and dry scalp issues so itchiness would naturally happen. Since I have been using a sulfate free shampoo It wasn't as bad but now I oil my scalp with coconut oil and that really did the trick. Also before my wash day I would spray a peppermint and tea tree oil mixture on my scalp and occasionally I will spray tree oil and water on my scalp.

http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2010/12/all-about-hair-why-dandruff-shampoos.html

http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-about-hair-start-at-scalp-for.html

Hope this helps
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 29th December 2010, 12:35 am

hey Kimberly. could you be allergic to the Aritha since you said u used neem before no problem. Whaykind of hair are u using for the add-ins? could u be allergic to that??
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly 29th December 2010, 12:44 am

misskris wrote:hey Kimberly. could you be allergic to the Aritha since you said u used neem before no problem. Whaykind of hair are u using for the add-ins? could u be allergic to that??

MissKris I think it can be the aritha and/or the hair. I added the hair one other time and my scalp was mildly itchy so now in talking with you it has to be the aritha. Hi Kris and I'm still doing the castor oil and I measured my length 8 inches on the top sides and back and 6-7 inches on the top/middle which in some places on top/middle it's shorter because of hair loss. Thanks Kris for walking me through this.

Kimberly

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 29th December 2010, 12:48 am

Perhaps you are allergic to something in the weave product. Did you wash it before putting it in?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly 29th December 2010, 12:49 am

tpayne22 wrote:Well I never had issues that severe but I have always had dandruff and dry scalp issues so itchiness would naturally happen. Since I have been using a sulfate free shampoo It wasn't as bad but now I oil my scalp with coconut oil and that really did the trick. Also before my wash day I would spray a peppermint and tea tree oil mixture on my scalp and occasionally I will spray tree oil and water on my scalp.

http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2010/12/all-about-hair-why-dandruff-shampoos.html

http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-about-hair-start-at-scalp-for.html

Hope this helps

I realized that lol.

Wow MissKris thanks for this information.

Last edited by Kimberly on 29th December 2010, 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Kimberly

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 29th December 2010, 12:50 am

no problem Kim!!! i hope you figure out what's irritating your scalp! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 29th December 2010, 12:51 am

oh, but tpayne gave you the moptopmaven sites, not me! Laughing
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly 29th December 2010, 12:54 am

FalconTress wrote:Perhaps you are allergic to something in the weave product. Did you wash it before putting it in?

Yes FalconTress I washed it and deep conditioned, also I used the weave product once before and there was light itching but this time my scalp was on fire and my scalp is completely sore.

Kimberly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly 29th December 2010, 12:57 am

misskris wrote:oh, but tpayne gave you the moptopmaven sites, not me! Laughing

MissKriss I realized that and I tried to correct and messed up again sometimes I am off but thanks.

Kimberly

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 29th December 2010, 1:00 am

I was thinking it could be the hair too. I remember reading a blog of someone who was allergic to synthetic hair and that is she wanted to get a weave that she had to use human hair but it had to be washed because it was chemically treated to.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly 29th December 2010, 5:45 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:I was thinking it could be the hair too. I remember reading a blog of someone who was allergic to synthetic hair and that is she wanted to get a weave that she had to use human hair but it had to be washed because it was chemically treated to.

I'm thinking the synthetic hair but also when I got micros my scalp was on fire but I'm going to forego the added hair and the aritha. Thanks DreamMerchant!

Kimberly

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 29th December 2010, 6:11 pm

You're either allergic to your products or better yet the material that is used to make the weave. I have been natural for a very long time but just last year was wearing weaves in my head and I had to stop wearing them. My scalp was not getting much air and it was itching like HELL. Girls like us have to be real cautious of what we do and put in our hair because our scalps are very fragile. No
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly 31st December 2010, 3:37 am

Emartini04 wrote:You're either allergic to your products or better yet the material that is used to make the weave. I have been natural for a very long time but just last year was wearing weaves in my head and I had to stop wearing them. My scalp was not getting much air and it was itching like HELL. Girls like us have to be real cautious of what we do and put in our hair because our scalps are very fragile. No

I know Emartini04 my scalp and skin is so sensitive. I want to continue to put the weave in it but I'm giving my hair a break until school start back up for my son because I'm not working until then. I washed it today with some Nizoral and my scalp feels really really good so far. After washing with the Nizoral (which I heard about it from another curly and decided to give it a try because my scalp is usually mildly itchy anyway) I pre-pooed with olive oil left on for about 2 hours, co-washed with passion fruit smoothie, deep conditioned with neutrogena daily deep moisture and olive oil, rinsed with cold water, put some vatika oil to seal, shea butter, and eco style custard and braided up for church and my cousin's New Year Eve's party just making an appearance. I have no itchiness at all none whatsoever and normally I have even mild itchiness at this stage, it feels really really good so I think I am going to forego the aritha. I'm going to continue to henna once every month, amla once a month and neem for now 2 times a month. I will continue to use a cheap co-wash conditioner, continue with the pre-pooing with EVOO, continue with the deep conditioners, continue with the shea butter, castor oil and vatika oil (new). Adding the weave really give me the length so that my hair look really put together so I like it plus it seems to look nice without frizzing until I take it down so I am going to try another brand and see what happens. I'm happy, no itching, scalp feels really good so that makes me really happy.

Kimberly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down