CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itchy scalp

+4
lolakinkz
HappyCurly
vovowiththafro
marquila2007
8 posters

Go down

Itchy scalp Empty Itchy scalp

Post by marquila2007 4th June 2010, 9:15 pm

I wash my hair every 5-7 days with Giovanni tea-tree shampoo and use my shea butter mix afterwards and the next day or so my scalp starts itching. I dont have dandruff or anything just a itch scalp. What can I use to control this itch.I dont have dry hair either or dry scalp. Thx in advance ladies Smile Oh if this help in my shea mix is evoo,evco, sweet almond oil,tea-tree escential oil(7 drops) and rosemary oil(7 drops) when I make my 16oz shea mix.

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Itchy scalp Empty Re: Itchy scalp

Post by vovowiththafro 4th June 2010, 11:57 pm

Maybe your shampoo is too harsh or the water is too hot. Perhaps your shampoo is too aggressive/harsh which is contributing to your dry scalp .Maybe you should was your hair every two weeks and opt for cowashing every few days (3-5).
vovowiththafro
vovowiththafro

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 5th June 2010, 12:36 am

my scalp itches also, even the day after wash , not dry, no dandruff. i will try more often co washing.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by lolakinkz 5th June 2010, 3:12 am

i had this issue and i did an ACV rinse and gurl it knocked it out.3 days later and the itch is practically gone..maybe try that
lolakinkz
lolakinkz

https://www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 5th June 2010, 9:17 am

the ACV rinse won't make it dried out? I was thinking of just not washing it this week end and seeing how that worked out. or, thinking of putting it in some big braids and running luke warm water over scalp. maybe the water has been too hot and i've been manipulating too much.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by lolakinkz 5th June 2010, 9:25 am

I can only speak for my hair but i co washed it right after, then i put @ 12 plaits in it using my shea butter/EVCO mixture any my hair is feeling good... i also spritz it with water,jojoba, evoo and glycerin mixture 2wice day. but as far as being dried out....didn't happen to me.

I also only used 1/2cup of ACV to 3 cups water and applied only to my scalp and massaged it in and left in on for @ 30 mins.

whatever u choose i hope it helps cause i know that itch can be annoying to say the least [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lolakinkz
lolakinkz

https://www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 5th June 2010, 9:32 am

my daughter also has itchy scalp sometimes I place acv in her scalp then I wash and condis like normal , also we use tea tree oil that helps
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleX 5th June 2010, 9:33 am

Also, does your shampoo have sodium laureth sulfate (SLS) (or any of its cousins) in it? That be causing your scalp to itch.

Some Cousins: Sodium lauryl ether sulfate; sodium laureth sulphate; sodium lauryl ether sulphate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate and etc.
ElleX
ElleX

Back to top Go down

Post by marquila2007 6th June 2010, 9:02 pm

I will try the acv rinse btw the shampoo I use doesnt contain sulfates I use giovanni tea tree shampoo. thanks ladies

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 7th June 2010, 9:26 am

you can oil your scalp with jojoba oil mixed with a few drops of tea tree oil or peppermint oil. This works on my daughter's scalp.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 7th June 2010, 11:05 am

My scalp used to itch like crazy so I tried the ACV rinses and that helped for about a week. About 3 weeks ago, I did my first henna and my itchy scalp disappeared. On Sat. I did a henna/amla gloss and still no itching. I hope this continues...
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down