CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amla or Alma???

+6
freckledmom4
Ambitious_Tiff
chynadoll8799
Fleur
tiashaunteé
misskris
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amla or Alma??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Amla or Alma???

Post by Lynnieluve 29th December 2010, 1:30 am

misskris wrote:

fleur wrote:They sure do, Tiff. I was trying to get one of my Asperger's patients to participate in social activities, but he proceeded to school me on how many hours a day he works at school, do chores at home, etc. Basically he told me that therapy is additional work and I was abusing child labor laws. He was able to repeat clauses in the law and everything. He was only 9 years old. His mom couldn't believe it, lol. That child and I battled for 9 months. Eventually we came to a mutual understanding.
I used to work w/autistic students but one had Asperger's. this kid....if you told him to multiply two totally random large numbers he could do it in his head and get it right!!! that always amazed me.

My son (2 yrs old) has autism and people tell me all the time that he is gonna be a genius. He already knows how to read and write. He amazes daily with the things he knows.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 29th December 2010, 1:44 am

That's truly amazing Lynnie!! My 13 year old is autistic and she can paint and work electronics better than me. She can also remember and put things together with little instruction. I am always amazed at how her brain functions at times. Not every autistic child has savant qualities, but all of them are geniuses in their own way.

Today, another one of my Hispanic autistic patients asked me if I celebrated Kwanzaa. It was totally random and out of the blue. When I told him that I didn't, he asked me why I didn't celebrate Kwanzaa since I'm black, lol. He then schooled me on the history of Kwanzaa and the decorations I should have in my house. I couldn't keep a straight face.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th December 2010, 11:22 am

My pet peeve is when people use the word "thing" instead of being specific. I always respond "What 'thing' are you talking about?"

My job requires me to talk to ppl all over the US and unfortunately this has negatively impacted my grammar skills. I say things now that I never would have say before taking this job.

I hate text talk (unless it is in a text msg)! It seems a lot harder to use and its pointless.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 29th December 2010, 1:17 pm

LOL this is a funny thread!!!!!

I'm teacher so I have tons of these that bother me. I think the top two are as follows:

1. We were just conversating. (really? trying conversing!!!)
2. That one is mines. (and is it going to blow up in the landfill...try mine)
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 29th December 2010, 1:25 pm

LOL i may be guilty but i will blame English as my second language for that lol it took me years to pronounce tough , thought , though smh why lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 29th December 2010, 2:48 pm

funny post lol!
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2