CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm thinking of an Alma Treatment tonight...

3 posters

Go down

I'm thinking of an Alma Treatment tonight... Empty I'm thinking of an Alma Treatment tonight...

Post by RonnieV 8th July 2010, 7:57 pm

I bought some Alma powder at an Indian store last week and I want to try it later on. How should I do it? Also, does it make ur hair hard afterwards? Do I have to do a deep condition afterwards? Please let me know...thanks...

RonnieV

RonnieV

Back to top Go down

I'm thinking of an Alma Treatment tonight... Empty Re: I'm thinking of an Alma Treatment tonight...

Post by freckledmom4 9th July 2010, 2:52 pm

I love using amla. I add warm water, honey and GVP conditioning balm (Sally's generic for biolage). I've also been told that it helps to put a light coating of coconut oil on your hair before the application to aid in the rinse out process. I apply it to freshly washed hair and let it sit for about an hour. My hair doesn't feel hard after I rinse it-that could be because I add conditioner to the mix. I ussually do a deep condition afterwards, but I don't think that it is necessary. See how you hair feels after you rinse it out and then decide if you want to dc. HTH
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

I'm thinking of an Alma Treatment tonight... Empty Re: I'm thinking of an Alma Treatment tonight...

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th July 2010, 4:33 pm

For the first time, I suggest adding warm water. I just like the way it seems to mix with warm water, no other reason. I apply it to freshly cleansed hair. It is a conditioning herb so you should not have to deep conditioner after. You may just be aware you may experience limp hair as a result. As freckledmom wrote, see how your hair feels afterward.

Have fun and please let us know what you did & how it turned out.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down