CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moisture Mixes

+4
creolebeauty1
curlytee
Emartini04
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
8 posters

Go down

Moisture Mixes Empty Moisture Mixes

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 11th December 2010, 4:12 pm

First let me say: LOVE THIS SITE!
I have 4a/4b hair and have been natural for about 2 years. I always wear weaves or braids and just now recently embraced my natural hair. Needless to say with the constant weaves etc. my hair hasn't grown much. Even when I was relaxed, I never was good about greasing my scalp (as my mom would call it) and now that I'm natural I'm seeing that keeping our hair moisturized is Key. I see all the different mixtures of Shea butter, EVOO, coconut oil, castor oil etc. which one do you use and in what frequency? Any advice given is greatly appreciated!!!!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Moisture Mixes Empty Re: Moisture Mixes

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 11th December 2010, 4:56 pm

*Bump*
Any takers?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 11th December 2010, 6:32 pm

My leave in is coconut sublime conditioner by curls .. and my oil is EVOO and my butter is Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. My curls are pretty dry so I always use a moisturizer, oil, and butter.

I use these products every time I co wash which is every 3 - 4 days.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 11th December 2010, 6:39 pm

Thanks! Smile
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 11th December 2010, 6:52 pm

I work hard on keeping it very simple by buying my products on the ground and avoiding shipping. I moisture with Giovanni Direct-Leave in, Seal with an Oil then layer with a cream moisturizer like Jane Carter or Shea Moisture.
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 11th December 2010, 7:38 pm

Im transitioning and i wear a lot of wigs or buns as me protective styles because those 2 textures are to tricky for me to try to style ... as far as moisture it is very important to keep our hair moisturize i think that's the key to natural hair
I use water as key element than i apply my whipped shea butter that i made a few weeks ago as my sealer , when my hair is cornrowed under my wig i spritz it daily with water than i apply my wild growth oil to my scalp and i use it to seal my ends
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 11th December 2010, 7:43 pm

Oh i almost forgot i also use a leave in mixture each time i wash my hait or need an extra boost , i use my giovanni direct leave in , castor oil or olive oil , and aloe vera juice and i saturate my hair with that than seal with the whipped shea butter mixture i use to experience dry scalp (dandruff and itches ) not anymore my scalp is so healthy looking now that i moisture moisture moisture lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 11th December 2010, 7:49 pm

@creole Thanks! That helps alot because I live in alaska (I know.... Smile ) and needless to say the winters are harsh so I don't want to eliminate weaves altogether. It's good to know that it is possible to have the best of both worlds.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 11th December 2010, 7:52 pm

you are welcome you can use weaves , wigs braids as your protective styles but you must still moisturize and care for your hair i prefer wigs because i can wash, moisturize and protect my hair with no problems Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 11th December 2010, 7:56 pm

i moisturize with giovanni 50:50 hydrating balancing condish, my black tea spritz or with aloe vera gel. i seal with shea butter, karen's body beautiful love butter, evco or castor oil.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 11th December 2010, 9:27 pm

i make a spritz of aloe juice/jojoba oil/olive oil/avocado oil/and condish. Seal w/ olive or coconut oil
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 12th December 2010, 7:02 am

I'm transitioning and after shampooing or DC'ing I always use a leave in moisturizer (I've tried Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave in and Cantu Shea Butter), and seal with a mix of shea butter, olive, and jojoba oil and sometimes other oils. My hair, both natural and relaxed are super soft after this. Also I sometimes use the Kimmaytube leave in method for my leave in conditioner
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 12th December 2010, 5:20 pm

Spray moisturizers: Fiji bottled water, my homemade leave-in spritz or Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. Alternative for homemade leave-in: Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14-in-1.

Creamy: My homemade whipped Shealoe butter or Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

Scalp oil: Mixture of Taliah Waajid African Healing Oyl, Safflower oil, EVOO, Tea Tree oil & Castor oil in applicator tip bottle. Scalp oil also used as a hot oil treatment twice a month for 15 minutes under hooded dryer.

After shampoo and deep conditioning or hot oil treatment, I use Shea Moisture smoothie as my leave-in and seal with whipped Shealoe butter.

Before beginning a style I moisturize/dampen with my homemade leave-in spritz which contains oil and other ingredients. To moisturize during the week, I use water or TW Mist Bodifier or Shea Moisture smoothie because they soften and moisturize perfectly and are not oily. When my hair requires oil again during the week, I use the Shealoe butter or my homemade leave-in spritz.
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down