CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spray bottle mixes ?

+2
Lysheba89
pretty,Pleaseee
6 posters

Go down

spray bottle mixes ? Empty spray bottle mixes ?

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 4th October 2010, 10:49 pm

first off sorry if this was answered else where , i did a search and could not find the answer anywhere. I asked these questions in another thread but no one has answered yet so I just deleted it and moved it here.

I`m curious about the spray bottle mixes that contain conditioner, water, and oil.

are the spray bottle mixes used as a moisturizer?
if its used as a moisturizer do you still use a leave in conditioner before you apply it?

also do you use another oil to seal your hair afterwards ?
or is the oil added in the mix added to seal the hair?
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

http://helloprettyy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

spray bottle mixes ? Empty Re: spray bottle mixes ?

Post by Lysheba89 5th October 2010, 1:51 am

My mix is as follows:
water: tea (black or green, with chai spices also in the brew-cloves, cardamom, cinnamon)
humectant :aloe vera juice
humectant:rose water and glycerin (I buy them ready mixed from Whole Foods, as rosewater and glycerin is a well known age-old moisturizer)
conditioner: a little Aubrey's Organics Honey Suckle Rose and/or Giovanni 50-50
oil: either no oil or a little drop of tea tree oil.

Because I want to separate all the steps of maintaining my hair, I don't put any oils in my moisturizing spritz.

I will spray my hair with this moisturizer either or on naked wet or dry hair, or after leaving some of the above mentioned conditioners in my hair from my shower.

I don't have a separate leave in product made expressly for that purpose, because I figure, if your co-wash/detangling or deep/rinse-out conditioners have good enough ingredients in them, then they can be left in your hair.

After moisturizing with my spray, I seal with my olive/castor/tea tree oil mix, or my heavier shea butter mix (shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, castor oil and/or olive oil.
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 5th October 2010, 10:20 am

My spray bottle consists of distilled water, KCKT and evoo. I use it to refresh my curls and add moisture throughout the day since I have short hair. The spray bottle allows me to add moisture w/o touching my hair and I use it in between washing and styling. I sometimes will spray ORS Nature Shine (a oil mixture spray) afterwards to help seal in the moisture.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 5th October 2010, 11:39 am

My spray bottles consist or Rose water, Giovanni Direct leave-in and oils. I use it to moisturiz in between co-washes/washes. To apply I just take off my satin cap, spritz my hair and scalp very lightly, rub it in, shake and go. Only takes about 2 mins.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 5th October 2010, 4:34 pm

my current spray bottle has water, v05 strawberries and creme conditioner, and olive oil.

are the spray bottle mixes used as a moisturizer? yes
if its used as a moisturizer do you still use a leave in conditioner before you apply it? yes

also do you use another oil to seal your hair afterwards ? no
or is the oil added in the mix added to seal the hair? yes

hth!!!
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 5th October 2010, 11:52 pm

I use my spray mix as a wash-n-go every day which consists of water, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-in cond, and I alternate oils - aloe, rosemary, avocado, EVOO and JBCO (no more than 2 at a time). After I wet and spray my hair, I usually use an activator spray as a moisturizer like S-Curl or Care Free Curls or I mix a hair polisher with a gel, KCCC or use the KCCC with the activator spray. I do not use another oil to seal my hair afterwards but I do use Organics Best tree tea tree oil shine spritz to give my hair a lil bit of shine after all products are applied.
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty,Pleaseee 6th October 2010, 4:21 pm

Ladies thank you so much for all of your response. You have really helped me to understand this whole process , i`m excited to make my own mix. Thank you all for the information you have provided me
pretty,Pleaseee
pretty,Pleaseee

http://helloprettyy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down