CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Holiday Movie and/or Scene from Holiday Movie

+21
Fleur
sweetdrk1
LadyMika
naturallynola
Renny
CrissyQ
curlya
FalconTress
BajanPrincess82
ebonediva
natchralme
MissyCee
tpayne22
courtrhapsody
CocaColaCutie
LittleOne
EMarie
newcurlieque
krazy coils
Takeya
ChrsLvsBks
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite Holiday Movie and/or Scene from Holiday Movie Empty Favorite Holiday Movie and/or Scene from Holiday Movie

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th December 2010, 6:41 pm

Hi there!

I would love to know your favorite holiday movie and/or scene from a holiday movie.

I like Preacher's Wife. When their son gets a brother for Christmas and it's his best friend, when they hug and smile, a big ole smile spreads over my face every time--beautiful. This movie has beautiful singing and a beautiful lead, Denzel Washington. In case, you did not figure it out already, the movie is beautiful, lol.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Holiday Movie and/or Scene from Holiday Movie Empty Re: Favorite Holiday Movie and/or Scene from Holiday Movie

Post by Takeya 9th December 2010, 7:06 pm

I love the Preachers Wife too...the soundtrack is in my CD player now and I listen to it everyday!!!

My other favorite is an oldie but goodie; "White Christmas" (with Bing Crosby). I love the singing, dancing, and the theme of Veterans honoring their former Sargent (i think that was his rank)!!! My mom and I watch this movie so much around the holiday it makes my dad sick...lol.
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Holiday Movie and/or Scene from Holiday Movie Empty Re: Favorite Holiday Movie and/or Scene from Holiday Movie

Post by krazy coils 9th December 2010, 7:09 pm

I love comedy and anything that makes me laugh so the two I love are comedy Christmas movies. My all time favorite is A Christmas Story, I've been watching this movie since I was a kid and it makes me laugh every time I watch it. All Ralphie wanted was his Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas (lol). They always do a marathon of this movie on Christmas Eve also.

Next I love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - I love the Griswolds and it reminds me of what happens when family gets together.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 9th December 2010, 7:11 pm

Krazy coils I love A Christmas Story too...my fav part is when the father pulls that leg lamp out of the box.......I laugh so hard at the mother's reaction I almost pee on myself every year!!! dance

I also like This Christmas...I watch that all year round!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th December 2010, 7:24 pm

I love Home Alone.....I LOVE when Marv does all that screaming like a woman!!

LOLOL.....*Don't judge me!!!!*
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 9th December 2010, 7:57 pm

Has anyone seen The Perfect Holiday?? Morris Chestnut, Charlie Murphy, Gabrielle Union, Queen Latifah....the best Christmas comedy ever! In a way, the whole movie is an attack on P Diddy.....I kind of love that, haha.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th December 2010, 8:03 pm

I love A Christmas Story! I need that on DVD because I don't have cable to watch it 24/7 on TBS. LOL. I love when Ralphie actually almost shoots his eye out. No the part that really cracks me up is when the mom bundles up his little brother in so many layers he can't even put his arms down...and then when he falls in the snow and can't get up. OMG. Comedy.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 9th December 2010, 8:51 pm

Love Actually! Best Christmas movie ever!

I also love A Christmas Story. I will watch it over and over when they show it on TBS all day.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 9th December 2010, 9:31 pm

I'm a die hard home alone fan. I love the second one when Kevin accidentally flies to New York. Well my favorite scene is when the robbers, Marv and Harry, find him on the roof top and offer him a deal of throwing the camera (that caught them stealing out of Mr. Duncans chest) and in return they wouldn't harm him (LOL I'm laughing while typing this) so instead he throws a brick and hits Marv right in the face. A classic. And the rope on fire scene!
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th December 2010, 10:03 pm

tpayne22 wrote:I'm a die hard home alone fan. I love the second one when Kevin accidentally flies to New York. Well my favorite scene is when the robbers, Marv and Harry, find him on the roof top and offer him a deal of throwing the camera (that caught them stealing out of Mr. Duncans chest) and in return they wouldn't harm him (LOL I'm laughing while typing this) so instead he throws a brick and hits Marv right in the face. A classic. And the rope on fire scene!

GIRL!! I am laughing with you! Im still laughing at Marv screaming when the spider was on him! LOLOL

EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 9th December 2010, 10:19 pm

Well, guess I'm showing my age, but It's A Wonderful Life, with Jimmy Stewart. I love the hope and everything....

I like This Christmas also. All about family.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 9th December 2010, 10:39 pm

I love Christmas movies. One of my favs is White Christmas. Like Takeya, I love the dancing & singing. My fav scene is when Danny Kaye & Vera Ellen (I think that's her name) are dancing at the Inn. "The best things, happen while you dancing, things that you would not do at home come naturally on the floor. . ." And then there's the scene where Rosemary Clooney (George's aunt) sings "Love, you didn't do right by me. . ." (singing in my low sexy voice - LOL). I also love A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, and I'll watch every rendition of A Christmas Carol there is (there's even one with Mr. Magoo, but I haven't seen it in years).
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 9th December 2010, 10:57 pm

santa I love "A Christmas Story". My husband and I relax on the weekend in our Snuggies and laugh until we're crying!!
"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man." (CLASSIC)
"Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian." I double-dog dare-ya!! (another Classic line) Love it!!

Also, I love watching "This Christmas" something cozy and relatable about the movie.
Can't have Christmas without watching Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and without a doubt HOME ALONE 1!

Earlier this year when the DC area was hit with all the snow, Obama gave us gubbies a week off and I watched soooooo many Christmas movies!
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 9th December 2010, 10:59 pm

Ooooo and last year I saw Ms. Scrooge starring Ms. Cicely Tyson and this is another staple of mine. Great movie.
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th December 2010, 10:59 pm

courtrhapsody wrote:Love Actually! Best Christmas movie ever!

I also love A Christmas Story. I will watch it over and over when they show it on TBS all day.
Those are my FAVORITE Christmas movies!!!!! Every time Love Actually comes on, I watch it. I have seen it 1,000 times but it never gets old. I haven't seen A Christmas Story in a few years. I need to just go buy the DVD!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 9th December 2010, 11:04 pm

I love Christmas movies too and Christmas scenes in movies.

A Christmas Carol there is (there's even one with Mr. Magoo, but I haven't seen it in years).
You are really tugging at my heartstrings.
Well, guess I'm showing my age, but It's A Wonderful Life
Love this too.
I'm on board with Home Alone and I still like How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
I even like the Christmas scenes in the Godfather. lol

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 9th December 2010, 11:08 pm

I love It's A Wonderful Life, with Jimmy Stewart my favorite scene is when he comes home and goes up the stairs and the banister is still broken and kisses it. Then his wife stands him in front of the tree and all his friends come in. It's great!
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by tpayne22 9th December 2010, 11:35 pm

EMarie wrote:
tpayne22 wrote:I'm a die hard home alone fan. I love the second one when Kevin accidentally flies to New York. Well my favorite scene is when the robbers, Marv and Harry, find him on the roof top and offer him a deal of throwing the camera (that caught them stealing out of Mr. Duncans chest) and in return they wouldn't harm him (LOL I'm laughing while typing this) so instead he throws a brick and hits Marv right in the face. A classic. And the rope on fire scene!

GIRL!! I am laughing with you! Im still laughing at Marv screaming when the spider was on him! LOLOL

Haha I know. Ha I read through everyones and I saw yours. Yes his scream is like no other! I mean just cracks me up everytime with tears. You would think it would be less funny the 50 millionth time but it gets better!
tpayne22
tpayne22

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th December 2010, 3:45 pm

ebonediva wrote: santa I love "A Christmas Story". My husband and I relax on the weekend in our Snuggies and laugh until we're crying!!
"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man." (CLASSIC)
"Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian." I double-dog dare-ya!! (another Classic line) Love it!!

Also, I love watching "This Christmas" something cozy and relatable about the movie.
Can't have Christmas without watching Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and without a doubt HOME ALONE 1!

Earlier this year when the DC area was hit with all the snow, Obama gave us gubbies a week off and I watched soooooo many Christmas movies!
I don't know how I forgot about This Christmas. I I love you that one. I like when the baby sister says, I wanna go when in the closet with her boyfriend. BF whose major she decided to follow lol! .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 10th December 2010, 5:52 pm

NATIONAL LAMPOON CHRISTMAS VACATION! THE GIRSWALDS ARE THE BEST!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th December 2010, 12:06 am

CrissyQ wrote:NATIONAL LAMPOON CHRISTMAS VACATION! THE GIRSWALDS ARE THE BEST!

I'm going to have to vote on this one. Too many favorites in this one to name, but that Turkey at dinner...OMG! And the Christmas lights on that house and when he told his boss off about the bonus. I could go on and on. Hilareety!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th December 2010, 12:20 am

I love the Preacher's Wife too. I listen to the CD all year around.

I admit to loving all the children's movies. Santa Claus is Coming To Town, Rudolph, The Year Without a Santa Claus, The Little Drummer Boy...Oh, I cry on that one every year. When he plays that drum for the Baby Jesus. See, I'm 'bout to cry right now.

My oldest is 19, but my baby is 5, so now I get to watch these movies all over again. Love it.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 11th December 2010, 12:31 am

So many great ones. I really love Miracle on 34th Street, Its a Wonderful Life, and Rudolph. I'm a bit sentimental, so these really touch me. They have great messages!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th December 2010, 12:45 pm

Confession: I have never watched Miracle on 34th St or It's a Wonderful Life.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 11th December 2010, 12:51 pm

A Christmas Story, HANDS DOWN. Favorite part: when Schwartz ruts his tongue on the flag pole and gets stuck! lol!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next