CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Hair

+6
QueenAH
Miss CurlyT
Intelligentbeauty
KeishaMac
NylaCoils
marcysuburbs
10 posters

Go down

Holiday Hair Empty Holiday Hair

Post by marcysuburbs 14th December 2009, 11:38 pm

Hey ladies,
It's winter and everyone is settling into their protective styles, but there's that one night where we wanna get all glam and look fabulous- NEW YEAR'S EVE!! I'm in my 7th month of transitioning and been doing kinky twists for most of it but I'm about to take them out and don't know if I should put them back in or try something different.

Enough bout me...

What are your plans for your holiday hair? Will it be twistouts, braidouts, sewn-ins? I'm curious to know & hopefully I'll gain a little help in the hair dept. Maybe we can share our pics of the styles we chose after the holidays.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

http://meentirely.onsugar.com/

Back to top Go down

Holiday Hair Empty Re: Holiday Hair

Post by NylaCoils 15th December 2009, 2:12 am

I want to go out this New Years! I havent decided what to do with my hair. I want the curly twists.

Hey is your name Marcy? Mine is! My mom spells it just like you have it here. When I turned 18 I thought I was cute and began spelling Marci! still do!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 15th December 2009, 7:27 pm

Hey, Marcy! Right now, I have a straw set in that I did yesterday. Although this takes a long time to put in, I love the fact that I can keep the style in for a week or more. It definitely takes a lot of patience, but it is a labor of love. I think I may do my hair like mrssmif (see yesterday's on the couch post) and do a vertical twist out for the holiday. HTH! Good luck!
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by marcysuburbs 16th December 2009, 10:17 pm

@NylaCoils yes my name is Marcy. When i was in elementary school i used to spell it with an "i" because i thought it was so much cuter. I always told my mom that i was gonna change it when i turned 18 but it stuck and i kinda like it now lol. Plus it helps because my bf's brother is also dating a Marcie so they call me "Y" and her "IE"

@KeishaMac, i wanna do something like a twistout but my relaxed ends come out looking so limp that I end up hating it. I see all the ladies that seem to have mastered it but i dunno what i'm doing wrong. You did give me an idea with the straw set tho, lol. Mrssmiff's hair looked amazing, you should give it a try, lemme know how it turns out

thanks!
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2009, 1:27 am

@mARCYSUBURBS, try diluting a little setting lotion, like Lottabody, and applying that to your ends. Also do not twist down to the ends, leave a little hair out and roll that with rod rollers.
I am a 9 month transition so check out my SHEA BUTTER CHALLENGE THREAD UNDER "CAUTIOUS CURLS for more styles and tips.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by marcysuburbs 17th December 2009, 2:04 am

@intelligentbeauty, thanks for the tip, i just took my twists out so i'm gonna give it a try when i wash my hair tomm
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 17th December 2009, 11:06 am

@marcy have you tried bantu knot outs, those are the only things that seem to work on my hair...I suffer with the same problem as you do with the twists..the ends are so limp and dead It drives me nuts!!!! I will take intelligentbeautys tip, and funny things is just this morning as I was looking through all my conditioners and all the hair junk I have, I saw a bottle of lotabody from my perm days (the bottle has to be like 2yrs old)...I almost threw it away..

Hair is a pic of my Bantu knot out...I just pinned up the back and left the front out. My hair is at my shoulders but you can't tell from the pic...when done neat enough it looks great when you dress up...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As for the holidays...I think I may get a sew in for new years. I have yet to master a cut enough natural style [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 17th December 2009, 6:00 pm

Marcy, see my new avatar...that's how I am wearing my hair until Sat. I will break the curls apart for my hubby's Christmas party on Sat. and upload the new pic. This is one of my favorite styles for transitioning!
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenAH 17th December 2009, 9:19 pm

Well, I ended up going to the dominican salon (I know heat is no good) yesterday and got a blow out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am going home for a week and it will be easier to maintain being at someone's house. So, that's what I am wearing for the holidays.
QueenAH
QueenAH

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 22nd December 2009, 1:40 pm

For Thanksgiving I wore twists that I curled and pinned to the side and for Christmas I will redo my TnC and either make four flat twists going to the side or just leave it out. I love my TnCs.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by marcysuburbs 22nd December 2009, 6:19 pm

@intelligentbeauty, your tip with the lottabody worked wonders. I also tried something new with the twists that i think helped a lot: 2 strand flat twists. I THINK I FOUND MY STAPLE HAIRSTYLE!! I'm gonna work on it and hopefully that'll be my holiday hair. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys choose.
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 27th December 2009, 3:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

party hair!
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 27th December 2009, 3:12 am

@KeishaMac . . . your hair is so nice . . . I've been thinking of trying a straw set ever since I saw your hair!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th December 2009, 3:51 am

marcysuburbs wrote:@intelligentbeauty, your tip with the lottabody worked wonders. I also tried something new with the twists that i think helped a lot: 2 strand flat twists. I THINK I FOUND MY STAPLE HAIRSTYLE!! I'm gonna work on it and hopefully that'll be my holiday hair. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys choose.

Oh, I am glad it worked out!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th December 2009, 3:53 am

KeishaMac wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

party hair!

Your hair looks FABULOUS!!! What did you use to do the straw set? How many months in transition are you? How are you keeping it at night?

I would love to try that.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 27th December 2009, 2:17 pm

@ The_RYL_1: Girl you should try it. Although it took a while to do, I kept it in for a week and a half! And it still looked good, I just wanted to try something different for Christmas. I think I may finally have the TNC down. Yay! I'll post a pic later.

@Intelligent beauty: I did my straw set with a combo of lottabody (diluted), TJTT, and jojoba mixed in a spray bottle, a shea butter pomade sort of mixed with olive oil and a little bit of ecostyler. It held the curls for forever! I just wanted to see something different on my head so I washed it on Christmas morning, but the curls stayed! I just put the satin bonnet on at night to help keep the curls. Oh yeah, I am about 9 months into transitioning.

Thanks for the compliments ladies! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by KeishaMac on 27th December 2009, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more to say!)
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 3rd January 2010, 3:32 pm

KeishaMac-

What does TJTT mean? Do you make your own shea butter pomade? If so, can you post the recipe. I also LOVE
LOVE a straw set. I do it about every 10 days. I will have to post some pics soon.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 4th January 2010, 2:36 pm

TJTT: Trader Joe Tea Tree... is that it?
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down