CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry hair from Protective Styling

+2
fuzzypuff
djohnson_143
6 posters

Go down

Dry hair from Protective Styling Empty Dry hair from Protective Styling

Post by djohnson_143 9th December 2010, 3:07 pm

Do any of you experience dry hair when your hair is in a protective style? I wash my hair once a week and then moisturize it inbetween my next wash atleast once. (My style of choice is 2 french braids.) Is there something I could do to make it stay moisturized?

djohnson_143

Back to top Go down

Dry hair from Protective Styling Empty Re: Dry hair from Protective Styling

Post by fuzzypuff 9th December 2010, 3:47 pm

djohnson_143 wrote:Do any of you experience dry hair when your hair is in a protective style? I wash my hair once a week and then moisturize it inbetween my next wash atleast once. (My style of choice is 2 french braids.) Is there something I could do to make it stay moisturized?

Yes, I do too. So before bed I lightly mist my hair with either a homemade leave in conditioner, or Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier...it's like Kinky Curly's Knot Today, only cheaper. When I take my hair down to wash / re-style, it's always soft and moisturized. HTH!
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 9th December 2010, 3:52 pm

Hey djohnson....yeah, if you're only moisturizing "at least once" that is most likely not enough. We need to moisturize our hair way more often than that. Some people do it every other day, everyday, and some even twice in one day!!! If you increase that I'm sure you will see a difference. Hope that helps. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by djohnson_143 9th December 2010, 4:09 pm

@fuzzypuff: I was was thinking of spraying my braids. The stuff you suggested is a spray? Cool, I might try it! Thanks.
@misskris: You are always quick to help. I like that! (You gave me some advice about wearing my hair in a braid out) I will try this next week to wet it everyday. Thanks Again!

djohnson_143

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 9th December 2010, 4:13 pm

OUR hair needs moisture , moisture moisture lol , i wear my hair in cornrows under my wigs now and i moisturize daily in the morning with a spritz of just water , at night with water and either my whipped shea , or a blend of oil and make sure you seal your ends too so try moisturizing daily
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 9th December 2010, 4:14 pm

Hey girlie! Don't forget to drink plenty of water!! Razz
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 9th December 2010, 4:17 pm

Hahaha!!! No problem Djohnson!!! I am on here ALL day long!!! (so sad but it's true--I have no job!! but hopefully that will change very soon) So yeah, just try it and see what happens!! Smile keep us posted!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 9th December 2010, 4:34 pm

Try Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier or Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14-in-1 or even better create your own moisturizer spritz. Check the "Homemade Products" forum for recipe ideas.
1FlySista
1FlySista

http://www.goddyssey.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzypuff 9th December 2010, 4:40 pm

@djohnson: Yes, the Protective Mist Bodifier is a spray. I found it at my local beauty supply for $8. I also thin it out with some water to stretch it, with no problems. You'll have to personally find out through trial and error how much moisture your hair needs. You may not need to spray every day or night or you may need to do it more often. Your hair will let you know though!
fuzzypuff
fuzzypuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down