CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

protective styling

2 posters

Go down

protective styling Empty protective styling

Post by C. 18th November 2010, 3:18 pm

how do you all get yourself to leave a protective style in for more than a week or so? Right now i have mini twists in. Actually a more accurate description might be micro twists because they're so small. I just put them in last week and I m already itching to do a twist out. the weather for some odd reason has warmed up a bit and its not as cold or windy, so I'm thinking I can wear it out a bit more before the real cold weather hits [see how i can rationalize playing in my hair]

What really made me wanna take them down was YT and CN. I watched Naptural85's video on a DIY egg, mayo DC and ACV rinse. Her hair looked fresh after she did it and my hair is looking rather dull from all the shea. So I decided to give AVC rinsing one more try. [LAst time I tried my hair was too dry and rough to the touch.] So i mixed a cap full in my spray bottle and misted my hair then rinsed [too scared to leave it in], and lo & behold the curls were P-O-P-P-I-N-G. And I was like hmmm I likes this Cool so now i really,Really, REALLY wanna take them out; ugh decisions, decisions . . .

C.

Back to top Go down

protective styling Empty Re: protective styling

Post by Curly Film Chick 18th November 2010, 3:56 pm

I can definitely relate to this, it takes a lot of discipline. I tend not to leave my hair styles (mostly twists) longer than a week because I see something cool or wanna try something new (that and i MUST wash my hair once a week) I have to keep myself busy with other things so I don't think about touching my hair. This week I've been sticking to bunning and have been so tempted to just leave my hair loose but I'm being strict about it and not leaving it loose until I get my hair done on Sunday.

GL! Very Happy
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 18th November 2010, 4:59 pm

lol. that's exactly how i feel. im always on youtube and i always see a style that i wanna try. maybe i should stay off of youtube. My goal is to leave these in til the 29th. we'll see how that goes...

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down