CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Protective Styling Help Please

4 posters

Go down

Need Protective Styling Help Please Empty Need Protective Styling Help Please

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 26th July 2010, 6:26 pm

Ok so I've primarily been doing WNGs b/c I really have never been good at styling my hair. I can't braid, twist or anything but I need to learn b/c I really want to try some protective styling. So what is easy to start with? I have about 4in of hair (stretched) all around. Is this long enough to style? I was thinking twists or bantu knots. What products do I use to set this styles and in what order? how do twist/bantu knot on short hair? Also my hair doesn't seem to wrap around itself...I have 3c hair I think and it seems like if i were to do a twist it would just unravel itself. How do I prevent this? There has to be a way b/c I see plenty of ladies with a similar hair type rockin' some cute twists. I'd appreciate advice from any1 who can help. Thanx! Very Happy
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Need Protective Styling Help Please Empty Re: Need Protective Styling Help Please

Post by freckledmom4 26th July 2010, 7:09 pm

You definitely sould be able to twist your hair because my hair is shorter and I can twist it. My daughters hair is 3b/c and I do 3 strand twists (saw it on youtube) with ecocustard on her hair which seems to help with unraveling. Before I figured out how to do the 3 strand, I just use to set the ends on small perm rods or straws until it dried to keep it from coming undone.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Need Protective Styling Help Please Empty Re: Need Protective Styling Help Please

Post by KoKo 4th August 2010, 6:54 pm

I did permed rods when i newly Bc'd and you can do coils too you will have to look on youtube for that
KoKo
KoKo

http://pamelakorenn@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Lo 5th August 2010, 10:35 am

You can twist, it seems that we have about the same hair length and I do two strand twist. What I use is shea moistures curl enhancing smoothie and a little eco styling gel for hold and
twist. Either let them stay in for a couple of days if you like how they look or the next day unravel and wear a twistout that will last a couple of days. Hope this helps
Natural Lo
Natural Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down