CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do to your hair at night?

+33
sonance
Kez
watkins
kim
shortnsweet
pie
sweetdrk1
tamtam7
Karyn
Sunshyne
Umph
xtremelyperfect
LadyMika
DvaAuNaturel
Loveatfirstcoil
Peachtree
tiffytaffey
ksophia
blondie
PyreFli42
PaganWifey
MsChris8
elleeccentric
KeetaRay
MomnWife
jamaicanmecurly
Lynnieluve
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Ameenah
raina
Erica5417
MelOhSoDivine
37 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you do to your hair at night? Empty What do you do to your hair at night?

Post by MelOhSoDivine 14th March 2010, 5:12 pm

Before bed. Smile Please share.
MelOhSoDivine
MelOhSoDivine

Back to top Go down

What do you do to your hair at night? Empty Re: What do you do to your hair at night?

Post by Erica5417 14th March 2010, 5:24 pm

Twist it in large twists if I'm not being lazy and ALWAYS put on a satin bonnet.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do to your hair at night? Empty Re: What do you do to your hair at night?

Post by raina 14th March 2010, 5:35 pm

start sleeping on satin pillowcases! I dont sleep without mine, I even take them with me when I travel.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 14th March 2010, 7:00 pm

if i just wash and go then i will spray my concotions of conditioner water and evo,eo's put a plastic cap and my satin bonnet. other than that I usually just put on my satin bonnet. for twistouts i do usually retwist at night and sleep with my satin bonnet ofcourse
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 15th March 2010, 12:09 pm

I spray with a little rose water then apply my oil mixture. Let it dry (about 20mins) then put on my satin cap and go to bed.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 15th March 2010, 12:32 pm

nothing!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th March 2010, 12:56 pm

I always wear my satin bonnet or durag.

If I am wearing two strand twist, I seal the ends when needed.

If I am wearing twist outs, I moisturize and retwist on day 3.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 15th March 2010, 1:13 pm

Ameenah wrote:if i just wash and go then i will spray my concotions of conditioner water and evo,eo's put a plastic cap and my satin bonnet. other than that I usually just put on my satin bonnet. for twistouts i do usually retwist at night and sleep with my satin bonnet ofcourse

I never thought about the plastic cap part. This routine is all of 3 days old since I just BC'd this weekend. But I spray my homemade spritz (water, aloe juice, HE HH and Aussie moist conditioner, lavender EO) and then apply my shea butter mix (raw shea butter, aloe juice, curls milkshake, jojoba oil). My hair then feels super soft!!! And then I put on my satin cap or scarf... I also sleep on satin pillowcases. But I think I will try the plastic cap too and see if that retains more moisture.
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th March 2010, 1:32 pm

Congratulations Jamaicanmecurly!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 15th March 2010, 1:51 pm

jamaicanmecurly wrote:
Ameenah wrote:if i just wash and go then i will spray my concotions of conditioner water and evo,eo's put a plastic cap and my satin bonnet. other than that I usually just put on my satin bonnet. for twistouts i do usually retwist at night and sleep with my satin bonnet ofcourse

I never thought about the plastic cap part. This routine is all of 3 days old since I just BC'd this weekend. But I spray my homemade spritz (water, aloe juice, HE HH and Aussie moist conditioner, lavender EO) and then apply my shea butter mix (raw shea butter, aloe juice, curls milkshake, jojoba oil). My hair then feels super soft!!! And then I put on my satin cap or scarf... I also sleep on satin pillowcases. But I think I will try the plastic cap too and see if that retains more moisture.

@Jamaicamecurly- I will enjoy following you, since my last relaxer was on November 6th. We are pretty much at the same point. Congrats!!
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 15th March 2010, 2:01 pm

Thanks @lynnieluve and @momnwife!!!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 15th March 2010, 5:11 pm

Up until today I've always worn a satin bonnet to bed. Tonight, I am going to start using the satin pillowcases I've ordered! I'll have to let u know how I like it, but the bonnet has been smashing my hair now that it's gotten much bigger. Other than that, sometimes I twist it up and lightly oil the ends, other times I just leave it out and stuff it in the bonnet. LOL
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 15th March 2010, 6:27 pm

jamaicanmecurly wrote:

oh yea definitely try it my hair is still a lil damp in the morning but it dries fast and is super soft and moisterized
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 15th March 2010, 6:35 pm

Usually I just use my satin bonnet.
If i'm turning an old twist-out into a braid-out, I braid then spray my leave-in concoction (water +JASON naturals conditioner + castor oil + coconut oil).
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by MsChris8 15th March 2010, 7:12 pm

If I've just twisted it for a twist out I just sleep on a satin pillow case--I have found that my hair dries faster this way.
If it's an old T-n-C or B-n-C then I usually just pile it on top of my head and wrap a satin scarf around my edges. I always put in my shealoe mix or glycerin/water/oil spritz before bed too.
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 15th March 2010, 7:28 pm

Just sleep. I can never keep a bonnet/scarf/durag on so I don't bother anymore. I sleep wild.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by PyreFli42 15th March 2010, 8:50 pm

Depends on the day! I virtually always manage to stuff my hair into a scarf; I try to twist or braid it every night but that only happens maybe a little over half of the time. If I twist or braid, then I definitely moisturize--water, conditioner, and shea/jojoba. If i'm just stuffing, I moisturize in the morning.
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 15th March 2010, 9:24 pm

Spritz, seal, bonnet, bed.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by ksophia 15th March 2010, 11:02 pm

I tried twisting last week for the first time and wrapped them in a satin scarf; otherwise I wear a satin bonnet.

ksophia

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffytaffey 16th March 2010, 9:57 am

I never thought about a plastic cap......I will have to use that method!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tiffytaffey
tiffytaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 27th March 2010, 10:38 pm

blondie wrote:Spritz, seal, bonnet, bed.

Same for me.

Sometimes I do the 3b method...bun, bonnet, bed!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveatfirstcoil 27th March 2010, 11:04 pm

Moisturize if needed, put scarf on (not necessary because I sleep on a satin pillowcase), and hit the sack.
Loveatfirstcoil
Loveatfirstcoil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 11:11 pm

I love your avatar Loveatfirstcoil.

Do you have a fotki?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th March 2010, 12:15 am

Right after I get home in the evenings I spray my hair w/plain H20 or Oyin Frank Juice and a little EVOO, jojoba oil, or shea butter. Let that air dry some and than put on a silk scarf or satin bonnet and catch my zzzz's.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveatfirstcoil 28th March 2010, 12:18 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I love your avatar Loveatfirstcoil.

Do you have a fotki?

Thanks!

Not yet. I'm going to create one soon though. I'll put the link in my signature when I do.
Loveatfirstcoil
Loveatfirstcoil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next