CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna, has anyone used it on transitioning hair (no pigment)

+2
loveself247
KeishaMac
6 posters

Go down

Henna, has anyone used it on transitioning hair (no pigment) Empty Henna, has anyone used it on transitioning hair (no pigment)

Post by KeishaMac 30th November 2009, 2:16 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has used the henna (just the glosser, not the color) on transitioning hair. I am not quite ready to BC, and I want shinier hair. Any suggestions, or should I just wait?
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Henna, has anyone used it on transitioning hair (no pigment) Empty Re: Henna, has anyone used it on transitioning hair (no pigment)

Post by loveself247 30th November 2009, 4:18 pm

@KeishaMac.. I am currently transitioning too and I would suggest you do your OWN research on Henna before making a decision. That is what I am currently doing myself.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Henna, has anyone used it on transitioning hair (no pigment) Empty Re: Henna, has anyone used it on transitioning hair (no pigment)

Post by KeishaMac 1st December 2009, 2:07 pm

@loveself: I have started my own research on the topic, and I don't think that I am totally convinced. Although I like the idea of henna, I think I plan to wait until my hair is fully natural and healthy for a while.
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd December 2009, 4:29 am

My suggestion is not to use henna, if you really don't want color and you want to wait until your hair is totally grown out. I think that is wise since henna does thicken the hair and reduces shrinkage besides giving color. I would suggest CASSIA. That does not give color and is know for giving shine and strengh to the hair.

I am in my 8th month of transition and I did not want to use henna for the same reason as you . I just wanted my hair to grow out first. But I wanted the color for my little strands of front and crown grays. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I also like Amla powder because it give shine, strengh, improves on curl definition and actually make the hair a nice rich dark color. Not like henna (a hair dye), more like a enhancer to the color that you already have. I love them both, but I love Amla more (less work with great results).

I hope this helps.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by RWF2122 3rd December 2009, 1:22 pm

Hi, ladies! I am currently in my 10th month of transitioning and I've done about 5 henna sessions since I began transitioning. I'm actually going to do one this weekend. Anyway, I was also nervous about doing henna on natural/relaxed hair, but I did it and it was a wonderful experience! I would caution you to watch what acid you use for the dye release considering you have relaxed ends (I use green tea, and a SMIDGE of lemon juice). The conditioning and color benefits are all great and I didn't have any problems. Make sure you get BAQ henna and not henna that has chemicals and chemical color added to it. Have fun!
RWF2122
RWF2122

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 3rd December 2009, 10:19 pm

Thanks for the input ladies! That is what I am looking for, shine moreso than color. After years of damaging my hair, I think I want it to be really healthy before I put anything else on it. I may try the cassia, intelligent beauty.
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 3rd December 2009, 11:15 pm

I wish I had known about henna when I was transitioning. It might've made the transition a bit easier because I had some rough days where I didn't want to deal with it anymore.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th December 2009, 4:06 pm

Your welcomed Ms. Mac. Please remember to post your results with pics. I would love to see how it works for you.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 1:56 am

I used henna while transitioning. You can check out my Fotki to see, I felt and saw notable difference. If you don't want the color effect you can try Cassia or Amla.
.:Eden:.
.:Eden:.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down