CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!!

+34
Kea::curls
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
ChrsLvsBks
Smooth Jazz Luvr
j. kinky
DreamMerchant
mverde3
LadyMika
DivaDreamgirl
Kittabug
mstokes2008
CurlyChefRobin
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
krazy coils
queenshakirah
Sebastain13
NubieNatty
cyclingchick
Ebbz
Lynnieluve
jeanlouisangel
freckledmom4
natchralme
SheeTacular
LaToya28
mizcreativelyme
Thinice
Renny
MissyCee
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
rayray19
38 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!!

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2010, 3:59 pm

I love the new Avi work it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!!

Post by Ebbz 20th December 2010, 4:58 pm

SC winter is No joke this year! I've been wearing hats too! I've never seen it get this cold here. Everyday I walk outside in "awww" like "why is it so cold????" lol

I am thinking of putting my yarn braids back in this week. I've been wearing it out long enough.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 20th December 2010, 9:33 pm

MissyCee wrote:Very nice picture!!!! Love the silver.

sweetdrk1 wrote:I love the new Avi work it!
Thanks!!
Ebbz wrote:SC winter is No joke this year! I've been wearing hats too! I've never seen it get this cold here. Everyday I walk outside in "awww" like "why is it so cold????" lol

I am thinking of putting my yarn braids back in this week. I've been wearing it out long enough.

Yea winter hitting us kind of hard this year..Im like really in the south??? lol and yea my sister is going to the African 2morrow to get Senegalese put in (lucky)..but they too expensive for me right now so im going wait till my money get right and get some done by them (Im still worried they are going to braid too tight and pull my edges but it never happen when i was relaxed and went to them)

I went to the extreme this week and pulled out my extra warm hat!!
RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 2010-118

Thats my sister in the back..I know your thinking sister or twin??? lol we get that alot
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 20th December 2010, 10:39 pm

You guys do look like twins!!! Gorgeous girls! I'm gonna get senegalese twists again at an African Braiding Salon here in Florida at the beginning of the new year...don't you just love them? If you feel that they are twisting your edges too tight, let them know and they shouldn't have a problem redooing (sp?) them....

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 20th December 2010, 10:52 pm

Love your avi!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 21st December 2010, 12:28 am

Freestyles wrote:You guys do look like twins!!! Gorgeous girls! I'm gonna get senegalese twists again at an African Braiding Salon here in Florida at the beginning of the new year...don't you just love them? If you feel that they are twisting your edges too tight, let them know and they shouldn't have a problem redooing (sp?) them....

---Reese afro

Thanks!! and yes i love going to them..they always hold the most interesting convos and i love their accents!! and thanks i plan on doing that when i go...
Mandi'sGoneCurly! wrote:Love your avi!

Thanks!!! Love yours too
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 21st December 2010, 1:12 am

Finally!!! Welcome to the CSJ. The hair looks awesome. We are BC sisters since I chopped about 2 weeks after you. I think I'm going to try the banding while I'm on vacation. The twist-out looks great!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 Empty Going to give yarn braids a try!!

Post by rayray19 21st December 2010, 2:56 am

CurlyChefRobin wrote:Finally!!! Welcome to the CSJ. The hair looks awesome. We are BC sisters since I chopped about 2 weeks after you. I think I'm going to try the banding while I'm on vacation. The twist-out looks great!

We sure are BC sister!! hows everything going with your curls?!?! and thanks!!!

ok so Ive been up in down with yarn braids..but now im sold after coming across this youtubers yarn braids..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0JpF3gcBEc

this will also save me some money..I love the Africans but they can be a lil pricey!!

but anyways omg her yarn braids turn out beautiful and inspired me to do my owns..so after Christmas i plan on getting started..Ive already watched blackonyxx tutorial..it was very helpful and a couple other (MsVchrales)..so 2morrow im going to buy the Red Heart yarn and probably practice for a lil bit..then after Christmas im definitely going to start!! YAAY Im so excited and nervous (I hope they look decent) Smile
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 21st December 2010, 11:56 am

good luck with your yarn braids. You are doing great with your hair. I love msVcharles, i have not watched any recent videos but I will catch up on her soon.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 Empty YARN BRAIDS ARE DONE!!!

Post by rayray19 23rd December 2010, 8:52 pm

so my yarn braids are done!! it took me about 2 days!! partly because i kept taking breaks..my wonderful sister helped me a little but she got tired real quick.

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 Pictur43

how do i feel about my yarn braids?? i LOVE them!!! they are so light and I did them sort of loose so my scalp could breath and so i wouldn't have that tight feeling (I hate tight braids)..also i braided them and dipped them in hot water for a more wavy look..I love the length and thickness I did as well..

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 2010-121

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 2010-122

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 Pictur44
so the plan is to keep these braids in until the end of February (2 months)..hopefully i can stick too it because I'm known for taking braids out quick (I always miss my hair)..ALSO I plan on
- washing and DC once a week
-oiling my scalp with Castor oil twice a week
-moisturizing with my water/conditioner/EVOO spritz daily

I think I've found my go to protective style for now..being natural has really step up my hair styling game..I never would have braided my own hair when i was relaxed, back then i depended on the salon to do EVERYTHING but now im learning how to style my own hair..and save MONEY!! GO RAVEN!!! lol

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 23rd December 2010, 8:58 pm

Yay Ray very Cute...Enjoy flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 23rd December 2010, 9:41 pm

Very very cute!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 24th December 2010, 2:06 am

Thanks ladies
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th December 2010, 2:15 am

They turned out really nice!!! Very cute!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 24th December 2010, 3:14 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! woot! sooo cute!

don't ask about mine. i've been rockin a ponytail with the middle incomplete afro . lol i'll finish tomorrow. so glad you did them though! i've never DC'd braids so let me know how that goes...
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 24th December 2010, 2:01 pm

Ray your yarn braids look great! I attempted to start mine last week but after doing one I chose to two strand twist my hair instead smh Mad lol

Did you burn the ends? I tried that and it scared me lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 24th December 2010, 2:13 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:They turned out really nice!!! Very cute!!
Thanks Lynnie
Ebbz wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! woot! sooo cute!

don't ask about mine. i've been rockin a ponytail with the middle incomplete afro . lol i'll finish tomorrow. so glad you did them though! i've never DC'd braids so let me know how that goes...
lol yea they take so long to do so i can understand your ponytail..and ive DC with my senegales twist when i was transitioning too..I just dilute my DC with water..spray it in my hair and put a platic bag on..then i site under the dryer for 30 mins and wash it out..here a video of MsVcharles DC her yarn braids (where i kind of got it from)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlFoma6S-w

mstokes2008 wrote:Ray your yarn braids look great! I attempted to start mine last week but after doing one I chose to two strand twist my hair instead smh Mad lol

Did you burn the ends? I tried that and it scared me lol

Thanks!! lol yea it scared me at first too cause my mama was like "doesn't yarn burn!!" so i was think as soon as a light the end it was going to travel all the way up..so to test it out i went my the sink ran some water (just in case) burn the ends and nothing happen..so don't worry your hair wont catch on fire..

just blow on the ends good before squeezing it..I swear i got 2nd degrees burn on my finger because i was moving too fast lol
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th December 2010, 2:18 pm

They look great!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 24th December 2010, 2:22 pm

Love the yarn braids...they are gorgeous!
---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 26th December 2010, 12:38 am

Your braids look great! Merry Christmas!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 26th December 2010, 2:17 am

Thanks ladies!! the family loved my hair over Christmas as well!! yepp everybody was doubting my skills lol
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 11:59 am

Hey RayRay...

You did a great job on your yarn braids. I would have thought that the yarn would burn as well. So how did you get the wavy look? Just by dipping the yarn in hot water? No rollers? Very cute, very cute!!

Hope you enjoyed your Christmas, and wishing you a safe and blessed New Year!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 28th December 2010, 1:18 am

Thanks!! and yea i just braided them real small and dipped them in hot water for like 30 sec..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 28th December 2010, 10:00 pm

ok so its only been a WEEK since i put my yarn braids in and im suffering bad from "I miss my hair" syndrome lol
I saw this fellow natural in walmart with the cutest frohawk and I was like "aww my frohawks be cute too Sad"...I really miss my hair and its only been a week!! but i am fighting with all my will power to KEEP THESE BRAIDS IN FOR 6 WEEKS!! (maybe 4 weeks)..and see this is one of my Hair Resolutions for the new year..to keep protective styles in longer

sooo before i head back to school i plan on refreshing some of them..the braids my sister did look good but the braids i DID are kind of rough looking because i didn't do them tight enough sooo hopefully a refreshed set will make me love them again cause right now there getting this look from me

RayRay19: I am now a member of!!!! - Page 3 Pictur46

Heartbroken

P.S.: Curls I miss you!! we will soon meet again!!

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 28th December 2010, 11:22 pm

Cute pic to emphasize you loneliness!!! Awww You can hang in there. They look great!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next