CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

has gel become a DON'T??

+3
rayray19
Emartini04
Lynnieluve
7 posters

Go down

has gel become a DON'T?? Empty has gel become a DON'T??

Post by Guest 27th November 2010, 7:39 pm

um...i have been using the eco styler olive oil gel w/ the green top for a minute now and it has been working great for my hair except for the annoying "crunch" when my hair dries, Rolling Eyes but i don't think that i am in the state that u would call a twa anymore....idk...i believe i have MAYBE 3 to 4 inches of hair when stretched out and my hair is pretty curly and frizzy so i have a good bit of shrinkage, which is hella annoying lol Mad anyway, i have been using this gel for a minute now and i keep hearing ppl say that they don't use it unless they're in a rush or they don't have anything else to turn to and at one point, not even a month ago, ppl were raving about it......i'm not familiar w/ going natural (as in, i've NEVER tried it before ) but i am still learning and i need something inexpensive and something that defines my curls, gives wonderful shine and makes my curls pop ...i hear hawaiian silky 14 in 1 is good or the care free gold curl stuff in the gold and red bottle, which i might pick up Cool ne ways, what's the deal w/ the eco style gel??

Back to top Go down

has gel become a DON'T?? Empty Re: has gel become a DON'T??

Post by Lynnieluve 27th November 2010, 7:47 pm

If you use a leave in conditioner and oil under the gel, it should eliminate the crunch.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 27th November 2010, 9:19 pm

I agree with Lynnie. I only use this gel myself if I'm in a rush or have nothing else to use but when I do I'll use Carol Daughter's Hair Milk (Summer/Spring) or EVOO (Fall/Winter) on my hair as well. I'll apply the oils first then the gel so my hair won't be as crunchy.

Personally not a big fan of this gel but will use it after a quick WNG if I'm in a rush and don't have time to twist my hair and wait for it to dry.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th November 2010, 10:19 pm

ok ty for the feedback, but what i was asking is like do some ppl not like gel anymore and don't use it anymore unless they have to b/c it's not good for natural hair?? i mean, what is it?? confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th November 2010, 10:28 pm

Gel works fine on natural hair. It's a personal choice when people decide not to use it anymore. If it works for you, then you continue to use it. You have to do what works best for you.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 28th November 2010, 1:18 am

when i first did my BC i looooved eco styler gel for my wash n gos..but now that my hair has grown out some i can do twist out for definition instead of loading tons of gel in my hair...i like how my hair feel without that crunchy feeling so i just dont use gel in my hair no more..i do use it on my edges still...its the only thing that holds them down...
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th November 2010, 3:39 pm

o ok...well thank u ladies for the advice and glad gel is not a no no b/c i'm still shoppn for somethn that my hair likes and that defines it and can take the place of the eco styler when it comes to stylers Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tereill 29th November 2010, 7:39 pm

I am actually going through the same thing with the whole gel concept. The only thing that I have learned is that gel is pretty much for the summer and not so much for the winter. Also, my hair loves gel, but I have learned that technique is more important than product. I have been getting better results from butters and leave in condish. with twists. I do sometimes go to my gel cause its fast and never lets me down but I am trying not to use for the winter. Very Happy
Tereill
Tereill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th November 2010, 2:00 pm

yea..i got chu...me, myself, i'm wearing a protective style right now; i'm not even wearing my hair out b/c my hair and scalp just feels so weird and cold w/ gel; especially when the cold air hits it and i don't want to get sick, so i'm waiting for the summer to actually wear my hair more b/c by then it will have a little more length as well Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by SasahT 1st December 2010, 2:55 am

I tried the green ecostyler and didn't like it at all. It gave me major shrinkage and left my hair dry and hard. I LOVE the brown ecostyler though (protein one). I actually melt coconut oil and shea butter and mix it in the ecostyler (ends up looking something like chocolate). I wash my hair and leave some conditioner in or put in leave in. Then I put shea butter and the ecostyler over that and then do three strand twists. When I use this combination of products my hair comes out very soft and moisturized but my curls hold up great. I've been using this routine for the past 3 months, even with the cold weather here in Chicago, and no problem with the ecostyler. In the summer I used to just do wash and goes with the ecostyler. It came out a little crunchy when I did that, but I didn't really care because I usually washed it out that same day.
SasahT
SasahT

http://members.fotki.com/Sasaht/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 1st December 2010, 4:09 am

I can only use gel (especially the Eco Styler green gel) and even KCCC on bad hair days. Like "break glass in case of emergency" days when my hair is looking like a red hot mess and I have to be out the door in 10 minutes. Gel and a spray bottle of water to "start over" is how I ease my way out of that mess. I dont really like using gel except for that and maybe to hold my edges back sometimes. I dont like using it on the length of my hair because it flattens out my curl and leaves my hair limp.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by luvmycoils 5th December 2010, 12:25 am

I find that my hair responds better to cream based products than anything else. I have tried a few gels and they only give me that hard and crunchy feeling. I did try the Cream Curl Acitivator (I can't remember the name right now lol) after my BC and I didn't like it but I think that I might revisit it again since my hair is much longer and I have a better idea about how to apply products in order to get the best results.
luvmycoils
luvmycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down