CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Eco-Styler...dont know what Im doing wrong.

+2
freckledmom4
natural+vee
6 posters

Go down

Using Eco-Styler...dont know what Im doing wrong. Empty Using Eco-Styler...dont know what Im doing wrong.

Post by natural+vee 28th September 2010, 12:20 pm

Good morning all! I just joined and I was reading about a lot of people using eco styler and KCCC. So last night and this morning, I tired the ES gel. Last night I feel like I put too much. THis morning I feel like I didnt put enough. Its really frizzy looking. I have a TWA and I wanted to try something new instead of wearing an afro all the time. Last night, I conditioned my hair with Giovanni's...not the leave in. Then I used Jane Carters leave in, added some oil, and then applied the ES gel.

This morning, I tried it again...this time instead of jane carters leave in, I used Cantu's shea butter leave in, added some oil, and them applied the ES gel. Someone please help!!!!!!! Smile
natural+vee
natural+vee

Back to top Go down

Using Eco-Styler...dont know what Im doing wrong. Empty Re: Using Eco-Styler...dont know what Im doing wrong.

Post by freckledmom4 28th September 2010, 1:52 pm

How are you applying the gel? There are lots of techniques that curllies use to apply the gel to their hair for curl definition. Some use a comb, some "shingle" with their fingers, some shake and I have even seen some rub thier hands around their heads to create curls. I would suggest doing a yt search for "how to define curls" and try some of the techniques you see. For me, gels always work better when applied to soaking wet hair. I hope that helps.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Using Eco-Styler...dont know what Im doing wrong. Empty Re: Using Eco-Styler...dont know what Im doing wrong.

Post by natural+vee 28th September 2010, 1:54 pm

Thanks freckledmom! I used my fingers and my hand while it was soaked! But I will do the search...thanks again!
natural+vee
natural+vee

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 28th September 2010, 2:02 pm

Welcome aboard VonJSouth2 sunny

I personally don't use the gel because my hair does not like it. However, here is a video from Youtube.com on the proper application. https://www.youtube.com/user/SimplYounique
flower

Last edited by envizionj on 28th September 2010, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by natural+vee 28th September 2010, 2:22 pm

Thanks for that video. I seen another one of hers before but i have a twa and her hair is longer than mine...way longer. lol! so i couldnt really do what she did.
natural+vee
natural+vee

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 28th September 2010, 7:05 pm

I use KCCC custard this is my method

In the morning I spritz my hair with some water then I add a lil bit more of my KCKT...I then add the KCCC and spray my shea moisture hold and shine mist on top to keep the cruch away...since i have a twa (maybe 2 inches of hair) applying gels at night is pointless beacuse in the morning it will all be flat to my head..so I apply my gels in the morning
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by natural+vee 28th September 2010, 7:07 pm

last night i was just trying the product out to see how it worked. but my hair is like white when i apply the gel. im confused...
natural+vee
natural+vee

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 28th September 2010, 7:16 pm

vonjsouth2@hotmail.com wrote:Thanks for that video. I seen another one of hers before but i have a twa and her hair is longer than mine...way longer. lol! so i couldnt really do what she did.
Here is the shorter hair version before her hair grew long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfe-q33mR3o flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 28th September 2010, 7:19 pm

vonjsouth2@hotmail.com wrote:last night i was just trying the product out to see how it worked. but my hair is like white when i apply the gel. im confused...
I read somewhere that some gels don't work properly if your shampoos and conditioners have silicones in it. scratch Someone else will chime in on this. flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 28th September 2010, 8:30 pm

Envizionj is right. Most of the time when I use any kind of gel, my hair is a frothy white mess at first, but then I run my head under the shower for literally 2 seconds and shake my curls back into place. It helps to rinse out some of the product so your hair won't dry as hard and get rid of the white balls/foam then let it drip dry.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 28th September 2010, 9:44 pm

vonjsouth2@hotmail.com wrote:last night i was just trying the product out to see how it worked. but my hair is like white when i apply the gel. im confused...

When I first started, I would use Aloe vera gel in between my leave in condidioner and my styling gel. For me, that kind of created a moisture buffer prior to the eco gel and my hair didn't get white. But, it could also depend on the leave in conditioner you use. Some products just don't mix well together. It's a little trial and error. HTH Smile
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by natural+vee 28th September 2010, 9:46 pm

Im using Jane Carters leave in.

But Im going to try Kinky Curly shampoo, herbal essence conditioner, and giovanni's leave in...I dont know what other shampoo to try that doesnt have sulfate and too much protein.
natural+vee
natural+vee

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 28th September 2010, 9:57 pm

Sheamoisture and Trader Joe's shampoos are sulfate free. I use GD leave in too. It will foam is you use too much so just use a little.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by natural+vee 28th September 2010, 9:59 pm

THank you so much freckledmom! Im feeling like there's hope. I just posted for a big sis. lol
natural+vee
natural+vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Germany2263 29th September 2010, 9:00 pm

I feel your pain! I have a love/hate relationship with kk products. If you use too much, you end up with a goopy, chunky white mess with chunks and curds of white in your hair. If you use too little, you end up with nothing. I tried Eco and it dried me out quite a bit. My advice, take it slow and try different things. There is a huge learning curve to being natural and finding what products work for you. Good luck!

Germany2263

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down