CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q for metro-Detroit naturalistas...

3 posters

Go down

Q for metro-Detroit naturalistas... Empty Q for metro-Detroit naturalistas...

Post by LilyFlower8604 25th November 2010, 12:07 am

Does anyone know of any good natural salons in the metro-Detroit area? I'm a long-term transitioner, who has pretty much just been doing braidouts. I'm going home to da D for Christmas and my mother thought it would be nice if I got my twists professionally done this year.

I know I posted this same question in the salon area, but I know this side of the forum gets more viewers.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Q for metro-Detroit naturalistas... Empty Re: Q for metro-Detroit naturalistas...

Post by Thinice 25th November 2010, 7:23 am

I suggest transitions salon in Farmington hills. Ask for Wanda. She is the owner and natural hair stylist. She is good. She maintains my friends locks and sisterlocks. She mini big chopped me and did my twists. They hv a website, google transition salon. HTH
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Q for metro-Detroit naturalistas... Empty Re: Q for metro-Detroit naturalistas...

Post by LilyFlower8604 25th November 2010, 5:47 pm

Thanks.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

Back to top Go down

Post by thicktjt88 26th November 2010, 6:16 am

I went to that salon to get my big chop done and I was really disappointed. I had to end up cutting my hair all over again I believe 2 days after going there. The lady who did my hair was very unsupportive. She looked at me crazy and kept asking me why I wanted to cut off all of my relaxed ends and that I didn't need to do all of that. She also did not cut off my hair like I wanted and was going to give me a press and curl...... Maybe I should have asked for wanda, because I surely did not get what I came for.
thicktjt88
thicktjt88

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyFlower8604 26th November 2010, 2:16 pm

I'm really nervous about going to someone else to do my hair, especially someone I'm not familiar with. The good thing is I'm not looking for anyone to cut or chop my hair for at least another year and a half. I just want a professional twist/braid out.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 26th November 2010, 2:51 pm

@thicktjt88: Oooh so sorry that happened. I only go to Wanda. She has three other stylists in the shop that do the regular (weaves, flat irons,relaxers, etc.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyFlower8604 26th November 2010, 3:02 pm

@Thinice, how early do you make an appointment? I noticed Wanda's the owner and is probably in high demand.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 26th November 2010, 8:10 pm

I say call this Tuesday to schedule an appointment for her in December. I know my friend schedules a month and a 1/2 in advance, she drives in from Kalamazoo.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down