CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakage;-(

2 posters

Go down

Breakage;-( Empty Breakage;-(

Post by mokacoffey 20th November 2010, 10:04 pm

Hey all!
I just wanted to see if maybe you guys could help w/ something.. A few months ago, I noticed my hair was broken off in the middle of my head. I guess where I would put a ponytail.. Its so weird. I guess maybe it was pulled too tight? But I would think if that were the case the outside hairs would be affected not the hair that would be the center of the ponytail.. idk! I dont think I was wearing my hair pulled back too much cause I think I look like an alien that way & try not to do that. Luckily, I can blend the shorter hairs with longer so its not too noticeable . Has anyone else had breakage in the middle head area too? Was it caused my ponytails? I'm thinking that I can forget about buns as a protective style too. Alien head on that as well alien

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Breakage;-( Empty Re: Breakage;-(

Post by FalconTress 20th November 2010, 10:32 pm

Hi, Mokacoffey

Where are you in your hair journey? Are you transitioning or fully natural? What is your regimen?You don't have to wear a pony for an extended time to do damage. The friction from the holder (even the gentle ones) and the twisting of the hair to insert in the holder is enough to cause some breakage.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 21st November 2010, 12:33 am

FalconTress-
I have been fully natural my whole life. I have been mostly flat ironing for the past few years every 2 weeks. I put away the iron early this summer cause it was just too darn hot for that! I am pretty good at flat ironing, I must admit Smile When I started to wear my hair curly I washed it every day in the shower and styled everyday with Mixed Chicks or Kinky Curly.. How was I supposed to know daily washing w/ harsh shampoo's was bad? lol I only recently have learned so much about how to care for my hair better. Thank God for the internet! So far here's how I handle it:
1.Wash w/ no sulfate shampoo. usually Giovanni
2.Condish & detangle w/ Giovanni or deep condish
3.Apply a leave in like KT or Direct Leave in
4.Apply jojoba oil to seal the moisture
5.Style
Only lately have I been doing twist n curls. Maybe a month or so... I dont like the look of a twist out alone & I look 12 if I try to just wear my twists out & about. I may use Bee Mine Curly Pudding or Shea Moisture Masque to do my twists. I make the twist out last about 5 days, then start over. During the week, I do refresh w/ Glycerin& Rose water mix.
The poor, poor broken part of my hair in the middle does seem a bit more coarser than the rest. Maybe it needs special attn. It's so strange its in the middle of my head. A dry, broken dessert
Crying or Very sad Please let me know if I could be doing more to moisturize or am missing a step here.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 3rd December 2010, 8:22 pm

I noticed the breakage area in middle of my head is coarser than other areas..does anyone have this problem? Should I be slathering on moisturizer every 3 hrs? lol Kidding! Okay, maybe not completely..... I have no problem carrying a spray bottle in my purse.......I dont like my sad , dry spot Sad

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down