CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sealing hair and WNGs

5 posters

Go down

sealing hair and WNGs Empty sealing hair and WNGs

Post by tweedledee 10th November 2010, 11:08 pm

When do you use your sealer product when doing WNGs? Is it Leave-In, Gel, then Sealer? Leave-In, Sealer, then gel? I was thinking about making a batch of Kimmaytube's leave in, so since that has castor oil and jojoba oil in it I guess that would be my sealer product and leave-in in one? Am I making since?
tweedledee
tweedledee

Back to top Go down

sealing hair and WNGs Empty Re: sealing hair and WNGs

Post by omgitsaj 11th November 2010, 12:56 am

I've only been natural for a month so I don't know if I'm right at all but I use the Kimmaytube leave in, seal with my oil mixture, and then use a moisturizer on top. I saw this in a youtube video and started doing it. Hope that helps!

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturallynike 11th November 2010, 11:32 am

You can do what you listed tweedlee, if it works...

I always seal M&S under my gel because I find that it conteracts gel cruncheness

Naturallynike

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 11th November 2010, 6:03 pm

i would suggest leave-in + seal ---> then gel. That way you're protecting your hair from the gel and have already trapped in the moisture Smile

ALSO, when I use Kimmaytube's leave-in I don't seal afterwards...because like you said it already contains a lot of oils and I find that for ME, my hair is very well moisturized with that alone (doesn't need anything else!) I would try it out and then based on how you feel decide if you need to add a heavier cream to use as a sealant after the leave-in or if that's maybe not necessary...everyone's hair is diff after all
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 11th November 2010, 8:05 pm

Definitely leave in, seal, then gel. ...although I rarely seal and my hair does fine. If your gel isn't drying, I don't think sealing is necessary. Go with how your hair feels, thats usually the best judge Smile

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down