CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is KKCC just for WNGs?

+5
courtrhapsody
SwirlyCurls90
Juices-n-Berries
Ms.Fenty
tweedledee
9 posters

Go down

Is KKCC just for WNGs? Empty Is KKCC just for WNGs?

Post by tweedledee 7th November 2010, 12:34 pm

I am trying to get all of my products bought in preparation for my BC in two weeks. I plan to do some WNGs and I plan to use KKCC for them. But when I decide to do a twist out or finger coils can I use KKCC as my gel? Or do I have to buy another product for that?
tweedledee
tweedledee

Back to top Go down

Is KKCC just for WNGs? Empty Re: Is KKCC just for WNGs?

Post by Ms.Fenty 7th November 2010, 12:37 pm

I'm not natural yet and I haven't used the product (so you're probably wondering why I'm responding, lol) but I have seen women on YT use them for twists and they came out pretty cute in my opinion

And good luck w/your plans to BC, congrats!! I definitely have the itch, but don't have enough confidence built up yet to do it
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th November 2010, 12:55 pm

I have tried KCCC for twists and I honestly didn't care for it. It was too sticky. But I don't really like doing twists with gels. Nonetheless, KCCC is my go to product for WnGs and it's expensive. So I figure not to waste it on what it doesn't do best if I can use something else to twist.

If you do try it, please post your results. :-)
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 7th November 2010, 1:01 pm

You can deffs use it for finger coils! I love it for shingling too. I'm not a big fan of the twist out, but on the rare occasion that I do, I just use the Knot Today. My best advice though is if you're doing a wash n go, shingle, or finger coils w/ Kinky Curly, use BOTH the KCKT and the KCCC. It will keep the hair from getting "crunchy".

That said, they're really good natural products and I love them both, but I find that IC Fantasia Hair polisher gel (5 bucks for 16 oz) is a cheaper alternative that doesn't get crunchy and works good too. Congrats on making the decision to chop!!

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 7th November 2010, 4:51 pm

I use it for wash and gos, they way the container instructs. I think it is too sticky to use for anything else, in my opinion.

Ditto SwirlyCurls that the knot today makes the KCCC work a lot better.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 7th November 2010, 4:59 pm

tweedle - I am 1 week shy of 9 months transitioning and I have found you can use KCCC as the styler for what you described. Keep in mind, KCCC works in tandem with KCKT and is like a selfish child when combined with many other products. Also, it is trial and error to find the right amount to use, but you will find it. Just don't be heavy handed or you will have a jheri curl look. It is on my back shelf now only because the weather is cooler and it takes too long to dry. I find KCKT works well with other products and it is a good curl enhancer.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 7th November 2010, 5:34 pm

Sometimes I mix it with whipped shea butter for my two strand twists....
Sometimes I use it with my quemet biologics heavy cream or the same purpose...
I like it...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 7th November 2010, 6:06 pm

i use it for my twist the first time this week..i like it better than eco styler for my twist because its less thick and i feel like it gives me less product build up..it also gives me very defined twist..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 7th November 2010, 6:45 pm

i get amazing results when i use it for two strand twist. my hair comes out defined, soft, shiny, and not sticky at all. i havent used it for a twist out though
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down