CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Salon Disappointment

5 posters

Go down

Hair Salon Disappointment Empty Hair Salon Disappointment

Post by ladybug 9th November 2010, 6:38 pm

I usually don't post items, but I just need to vent for a moment. I BC'ed about 13 months ago. Today, I decided to treat myself to a salon vist. I haven't been to a salon in about 16 months, so I thought it would be nice to have someone else do my hair. Two days prior, I shingled my hair with KCCC and I had some good curl definition. I had some fly earrings and makeup, so I looked pretty good going into the salon.

I went to the salon that I use to go to when I had permed hair, and I went to my old stylist. That was probably mistake #1. I went in for a rod set to try something new instead of always doings WNGs. It took 4 hours for her to do my hair. Mistake #2. I knew that she didn't have very many natural products, but I was trying to be open. Mistake #3. Of course she went into her aresenal of products, and I cringed because I saw the Paull Mitchell and Mizani come out. I thought to myself maybe these products will do a miracle on my head, so I took a deep breath. The mizani smelled, and it certianly didn't smell like my my Burnt Sugar. You naturals know what I am talking about. Very Happy

When she took the rods off, she kept unraveling the curls, it took her forever, I mean forever. She kept pulling at my hair, and I thought to myself....This is not a good sign. Needless to say, when she was done, I looked like my mother in the mirror with frizzy hair. I looked at my hair and thought "my hair looked better before going to the salon."

Last edited by ladybug on 9th November 2010, 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ladybug
ladybug

Back to top Go down

Hair Salon Disappointment Empty Re: Hair Salon Disappointment

Post by Thinice 9th November 2010, 7:05 pm

So sorry you had a bad experience.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 9th November 2010, 7:25 pm

I looked like my mother in the mirror with frizzy hair. I looked at my hair and thought "my hair looked better before going to the salon."
I'm also sorry this happened to you.
Count your blessings. I know this was frustrating and disappointing but at least you can wash away a bad do. We know the same cannot be said for a trim that turns into an unauthorized haircut.
Let's leave you former stylist in the rear view mirror and declare that(unless the stylist is competent and follows your instructions and uses the right products) having someone else do your hair is an overrated tradeoff.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 9th November 2010, 8:42 pm

It's nice to have someone do your hair but only if you like it.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th November 2010, 8:49 pm

I'm sorry about your salon visit. If you decide to go to the salon again, make sure you take your own products. The stylist may give you the side eye but at least you dont have to worry about ingredients you may not want used on your hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybug 9th November 2010, 11:07 pm

Thanks Thinice, Falcon Tress, and Pagan Wifey.

Lynnieluve wrote:I'm sorry about your salon visit. If you decide to go to the salon again, make sure you take your own products. The stylist may give you the side eye but at least you dont have to worry about ingredients you may not want used on your hair.

Lynnieluve,
Thanks for your advice about bringing my own products. I will keep that in mind for the future.

ladybug
ladybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down