CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Salon Issues

5 posters

Go down

Hair Salon Issues Empty Hair Salon Issues

Post by tareace 19th November 2010, 3:23 pm

I went to a salon near my home on yesterday to "check it out" before I decided to schedule an appointment. The stylist came up from and said that she was natural but pressed her hair. I explained that this is my second time going natural and I was determined to stick with it. I said that I was currently doing the twist-outs but I was interested in doing something else EXCEPT for protective styling since I did that for 2 years. She suggested locking, twists and pressing. Another stylist suggested that when you go natural you are very limited to styles but that pressing was the best option. I said thank you and decided that it was not a salon that I wanted to patronage especially when they did not use an products that were considered natural.

I am committed to be a natural but I need a stylist to help me. Is there someone in Atlanta that is reasonable and great with natural hair? Help!!!!
tareace
tareace

Back to top Go down

Hair Salon Issues Empty Re: Hair Salon Issues

Post by FalconTress 19th November 2010, 3:56 pm

I said thank you and decided that it was not a salon that I wanted to patronage
Good for you! I've read too many stories about women who let someone talk them into something that they did not want.
Check out the meet-up section of this forum and look for naturals in your area that may be able to assist you.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th November 2010, 4:01 pm

You might to also check out the Salon section in the forum too. You may be able to find something in your area. Good luck!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 19th November 2010, 5:19 pm

when u go natural your limited to styles?!?!? are they serious!! natural hair way more versatile then relaxed hair..we can do twist/twist outs, press, lock, braids/braid out, bantu knots, wash n go's..we can wear our hair straight and curly..get the best of both worlds when u go natural
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by darkkinkynlovely 19th November 2010, 7:04 pm

Check the Salon Section because I posted info about Afrodisic.. in Atlanta.... I LOVE this Shop
darkkinkynlovely
darkkinkynlovely

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down