CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Your Hair Changed As It Grew Longer?

5 posters

Go down

Has Your Hair Changed As It Grew Longer? Empty Has Your Hair Changed As It Grew Longer?

Post by vraicafenoire 6th November 2010, 2:01 pm

Hey Girlies!

I started transitioning in December 2008, big chopped in early 2009, and have been 100% natural ever since. I recently straightened my hair to see how long it had gotten. After I washed my hair 2 weeks later, my hair seemed different... my curls seems elongated and just longer in general. My texture was the same for the most part though. I've heard about all of these salons putting relaxer in their "deep conditioners" and I got super scared!

I've deep conditioned several times since then (I washed my hair about a week and a half ago.) and my hair seems almost the way I remember it before I straightened it... I'm wondering if the lack of munipulation just gave my hair a break to grow a bit faster for the month... or was my hair getting more length all along, and I just wasn't paying attention. Smile

My question is, as your hair begins to grow out, did your curls change? Did they become more elongated and defined with length? Or was there not really a change besides length?

vraicafenoire

Back to top Go down

Has Your Hair Changed As It Grew Longer? Empty Re: Has Your Hair Changed As It Grew Longer?

Post by Madeaj 6th November 2010, 2:50 pm

My hair has gone through some changes as it grows. When I first big chopped it was coily and wavey and the coils were actually looser then they are now. My dry hair seems as short as it was when I big chopped but wet it hangs low. I think its because of the major shrinkage I get and my hair is fine and lightweight. As it dries it shrinks and gets fluffy. lol. I recently checked and my hair shrinks to about 1/3 of its stretched length. Its now about BSL stretched, a little below shoulder length wet and just below ear length dry.

I feel like my hair has gotten coiler or tighter as it grows rather than looser. scratch I recently tried a WnG. I so wanted a BAA but my hair flew around my head like Medusa's snakes and as it dried, the poor snakes got tangled around themselves and I had to use a bottle of conditioner to get the tangles out. It looked good for a hot second. afro After that it was a hot mess! geek affraid lol!
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Has Your Hair Changed As It Grew Longer? Empty Re: Has Your Hair Changed As It Grew Longer?

Post by Tia Love 6th November 2010, 4:05 pm

I can def. relate to this. When my hair was longer my curls were more loose. But, after the woman chopped my hair, it started a whole different curl pattern. It was more kinky and tight. Very hard to manage and the shrinkage was massive. But, now as I'm letting it grow my curls have become less kinky, but still tightly coiled. So I guess to answer your question.....I believe it's natural.
Tia Love
Tia Love

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th November 2010, 4:47 pm

i think it may depend on the weight of the hair...maybe curls look looser when hair is longer because the hair has more weight on it to pull the curls down..when its shorter the hair doesn't have as much weight so curls look more kinky.
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 6th November 2010, 4:53 pm

[color=red]When I first cut my hair the curls I could see alot better; looser curls but now they have become very tightly coiled & it has been 6mths but it may change ova time I guess :confused
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by vraicafenoire 8th November 2010, 7:49 pm

Thanks so much ladies! I really appreciate your comments. I wasn't sure if I should be running back to that salon yelling and screaming about them "secretly" relaxing my hair.

As the days pass, I am beginning to see my texture more. I guess the straightening really put a hurting on my curls for a bit. And my hair is really getting some length now, so it could be weighed down.

Thanks again! <3

vraicafenoire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down