CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Longer hair=unruly hair?

2 posters

Go down

Longer hair=unruly hair? Empty Longer hair=unruly hair?

Post by Janique 14th August 2010, 1:37 am

Since I've been wearing my hair out, people seem to have a problem with it. People at my church, my parents, think my hair look unkempt and unruly. My dad and I pretty much got into an argument over it. Then today, my mom says she saw someone with hair like mine, but it looked neater because it was shorter. I really don't even know what to make of that. So if it's shorter and kinky that makes the hairstyle look "neater?"
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Longer hair=unruly hair? Empty Re: Longer hair=unruly hair?

Post by Humblebug 14th August 2010, 1:52 am

I know what you mean. One day a supply teacher in class told me that if I was going to be natural I should keep my hair short. If we weren't both African, I probably would of harshly told her it was none of her concern. But I just pretended to listen and nod my head. Haha, and this is a chemistry class that's mostly guys (and asian) so it was kind of awkward for the ones sitting in front. That day I was furious though - I remember that.I wear big twist outs and know that I don't look like a madman. Just because my hair isn't flat or tamed? It never was when it was relaxed either. I've learned to ignore it.
Humblebug
Humblebug

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 14th August 2010, 8:12 pm

That's what I'm trying to do...just ignore it, because I really do like my hair big. But no everyone is going to appreciate your hair like you appreciate your hair I guess.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down