CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fashion & your [HAIR]...how has your style changed *if any* since your BC\transition

+5
fanmnatirel
SummerSkye
makeupvixen
j. kinky
Color_Me_Coily
9 posters

Go down

Fashion & your [HAIR]...how has your style changed *if any* since your BC\transition Empty Fashion & your [HAIR]...how has your style changed *if any* since your BCtransition

Post by Color_Me_Coily 1st December 2010, 10:41 pm

Personally Since my BC besides buying new hair products that I had never tried before, I find myselft buying different clothes as well... I now buy clothing that I think will go along with my hair perfectly...My style has changed some since my BC... Some clothing that I would wear with my relaxed hair, I do not wear anymore, or as much because Just like i’ve become a PJ I have become an even BIGGER Shopaholic =D

Has this happen to you as well... tell us your story && Please post pics if you have them ^_^

Before:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After:
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Fashion & your [HAIR]...how has your style changed *if any* since your BC\transition Empty Re: Fashion & your [HAIR]...how has your style changed *if any* since your BC\transition

Post by j. kinky 1st December 2010, 11:29 pm

omgosh...my style has changed too! I'm more unique, kinda off the wall now. I get alot of compliments but i dont do it for that. I think me going natural forced....no allowed me to be me without saying i'm sorry. Also my poetry has changed too...got alot deeper. I always loved me but I'm at "peace" now with who i am. My nappy hair, the gap between my teeth, my flat nose, my thickness...i'm happy

Last edited by j. kinky on 1st December 2010, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Fashion & your [HAIR]...how has your style changed *if any* since your BC\transition Empty Re: Fashion & your [HAIR]...how has your style changed *if any* since your BC\transition

Post by makeupvixen 1st December 2010, 11:33 pm

I wear a lot of flowers, I have so many colors for my hair. I have scarves and wraps and just so many accessories for my hair. Plus I'm trying to use natural products and I try mixing things at home.

I'm wearing long dresses a lot and bigger earrings. And you can catch me at Forever 21 trying to stay young and hip, lol. Before I was a Cache' Diva and now I'm more laid back.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerSkye 2nd December 2010, 1:07 am

I don't think my style has changed much because of wearing my hair naturally. I think I like my hair more and so I care more about how I dress when I like my hair. That was also true on good hair days when my hair was straight.

My hair was pretty conservative today and I think I'm pretty conservative, in general. This was my work look of the day. It's pretty much me regardless of my hair! :-)

SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 2nd December 2010, 1:59 am

@ naturallly_Hollie.......totally off subject....those shoes are HOT!!!!!!

My style has changed quite a bit....
I use more unique things now.....more colors.....I wear red lipstick now....lol...never thought i'd do that....
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerSkye 2nd December 2010, 2:21 am

fanmnatirel wrote:@ naturallly_Hollie.......totally off subject....those shoes are HOT!!!!!!

My style has changed quite a bit....
I use more unique things now.....more colors.....I wear red lipstick now....lol...never thought i'd do that....

That's interesting you say that. I think because I am online so much, I am exposed to so much. So, I've experimented with things more, like bright pink gloss or something even though I'm still pretty much the same as far as style though.

BTW, I love your avatar!
SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 2nd December 2010, 11:47 am

Since Ive been natural I dont think that my style has changed I have always wore short hair when I had a relaxer so I always had a love for large hoop earrings but I do have more interest in hair accessories not especially flowers I dont have alot of them but will be making some purchases soon I am on the internet more searching for more information about my hair & how to care for it as well It also gives me ideas on clothing too just havent been able to buy anything yet
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 2nd December 2010, 11:51 am

Thank you Summerskye
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 2nd December 2010, 11:53 am

Yes. I've been way more dearing with my sense of fashion. I'm willing to wear funkier styles to go with my natural hair!!!
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd December 2010, 12:22 pm

I think the biggest change for me has been stepping up my makeup game. When I BC'd I realized how your hair hides your face. I am kinda basic with clothes, but I have been on top of my accessory game too!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by crimsonpeach 2nd December 2010, 12:34 pm

I just BC'ed and I feel a style change definitely coming on.

I was a big fan of button down shirts...just don't like how they look with the fro now. Making attempts stepping up the makeup game. And definitely getting more into accessories now.
crimsonpeach
crimsonpeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 2nd December 2010, 4:09 pm

@ J.kinky... I totally agree with you... just completely [free] now right =D

@makeupvixen I use to wear flowers in my relaxed hair all the time... but now I don’t well will probably not until My hair grows out more Smile

@Summerskye... Cah-Uh-YUTE Very Happy oh yea btw...i LOVE zebras

@Fanmnatirel Thanks...[steve madden] I got them from marshalls [love their prices] =D & yes I find myself wanting to wear pink lipstic & blush now haha ... your default is really pretty... you hair= priceless

@Sebastian13 I too now find myself looking at more hair accessories all the time!

@Emartini04 I know exactly what you mean... more daring right?

@Sweetdrk1 Yessss... I’ve always done my makeup good but now it’s like now with my face exposed... I make sure it is ON point because I know it will be standing out now that I have no hair in my face like I did while relaxed.

@crimsonpeach H&M, American apparel, & urban outfitters has really cute accessories as well as head accessories ( :
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down