CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medium Level Deep Condition (with Protein)

4 posters

Go down

Medium Level Deep Condition (with Protein) Empty Medium Level Deep Condition (with Protein)

Post by swt_sunny 5th November 2010, 3:44 pm

Hi Ladies -

I'm currently almost 11 months into my transition. I deep condition weekly, but have been using mostly 'moisturizing' conditioners (i.e. Aubrey White Camilla) So far I have used the Aphogee 2 step treatment twice, and 2 other conditioners that are just ok to me (Redken Rescue Force & the ORS conditioner that comes in the packet). I want to up my protein conditioners but am unsure of which brands are light or medium...can anyone suggest a 'medium' level protein conditioner (for use maybe 2x a month) that can be found in store?

Thanks!! Very Happy

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Medium Level Deep Condition (with Protein) Empty Re: Medium Level Deep Condition (with Protein)

Post by makeupvixen 5th November 2010, 4:12 pm

Well i have tried 2 that are not strong enough for me. One is by HairVeda and they have a two step treatment. The other one is by Spiral Solutions, sold on Curl Mart. Neither one is very strong so I guess it could be considered a medium to light level protein conditioner.

I've tried Aphrogee and Mega Tek and Aubrey's. I would have to say that Mega Tek is the highest, then Aphrogee, then HairVeda, then Spiral Solutions, and lastly Aubrey's in that order.

Right now i am using Spiral Solutions two times a month, no shedding with it for me.

I have fine, thin 4a hair and thick roots.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Medium Level Deep Condition (with Protein) Empty Re: Medium Level Deep Condition (with Protein)

Post by FalconTress 5th November 2010, 4:58 pm

I use Aubrey's GPB and the Blue Green Algae Hair Conditioning Mask.
I alternate GPB with the Island Naturals(also has protein) for a lighter protein once a week(I wash twice a week). the Blue Green Algae is hard to find "in-store" and comes in a 4 ounce jar but is an excellent treatment(the health food store orders it wholesale for me).

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th November 2010, 5:10 pm

makeupvixen wrote:Well i have tried 2 that are not strong enough for me. One is by HairVeda and they have a two step treatment. The other one is by Spiral Solutions, sold on Curl Mart. Neither one is very strong so I guess it could be considered a medium to light level protein conditioner.

I've tried Aphrogee and Mega Tek and Aubrey's. I would have to say that Mega Tek is the highest, then Aphrogee, then HairVeda, then Spiral Solutions, and lastly Aubrey's in that order.

Right now i am using Spiral Solutions two times a month, no shedding with it for me.

Thanks for highest to lowest list. I am still looking for a stronger protein treatment. I'm scared to use Aphogee. My stylist used it before when I was a permie. Does the HairVeda treatment make your hard like that?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 5th November 2010, 5:17 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
makeupvixen wrote:Well i have tried 2 that are not strong enough for me. One is by HairVeda and they have a two step treatment. The other one is by Spiral Solutions, sold on Curl Mart. Neither one is very strong so I guess it could be considered a medium to light level protein conditioner.

Thanks for highest to lowest list. I am still looking for a stronger protein treatment. I'm scared to use Aphogee. My stylist used it before when I was a permie. Does the HairVeda treatment make your hard like that?

You're welcome!

No it doesn't make the hair hard at all, the only one that does is the Aphrogee.

Oh and I forgot the Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp has a dash of protein in it. I was testing to see if i was protein sensitive or not and had to stop using it because I wanted to condition my hair with something that didn't have protein in it at all. Honey Hemp isn't a protein treatment or anything, it's a great conditioner and I use it all the time, I love the way it softens my hair.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down