Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by CiaE on 16th March 2011, 10:57 pm

Okay guys so i found that when i deep condition with Coconut oil it makes managing my hair alot more easier therefore making my style pop! =) Although the video I use is from a relaxed girly it still works the same. Check it out =)
http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com/
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
CiaE

Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by Umph on 16th March 2011, 11:17 pm

Check out this link to find out more about Pre-Shampooing

Pre-Poo
avatar
Umph

Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by CiaE on 17th March 2011, 1:01 am

see i thought it was pre pooing but i guess its classified a little differently.
avatar
CiaE

Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by JaliseH on 17th March 2011, 11:55 am

I slept on hello hydration conditioner then used it as a co wash before I rinsed it out. Not really a pre poo but I thought I would add my two cents.
avatar
JaliseH

Posts : 42
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 31
Location : St. Louis, MO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by yldthng on 17th March 2011, 12:00 pm

I try to do an overnight coconut oil treatment a couple times a week - I just saturate my hair with coconut oil and cover it with Saran Wrap. I put my scarf on over that, and then just wash it out in the morning. My hair really likes it.
avatar
yldthng

Posts : 201
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 53
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by CiaE on 17th March 2011, 12:10 pm

JaliseH wrote:I slept on hello hydration conditioner then used it as a co wash before I rinsed it out. Not really a pre poo but I thought I would add my two cents.

Did you do it on dry hair?
avatar
CiaE

Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by JaliseH on 17th March 2011, 12:49 pm

I put it on dry hair but then I sprayed it with water before I went to sleep. My hair detangled like a dream.
avatar
JaliseH

Posts : 42
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 31
Location : St. Louis, MO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by tiashaunteé on 17th March 2011, 12:51 pm

I recently used coconut oil only to twist my hair after washing and I have the biggest and softest twist out - I love it! I am experimenting with different oils and butters using the same steps just to see the difference each one makes.
avatar
tiashaunteé

Posts : 4297
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by yldthng on 17th March 2011, 12:55 pm

tiashaunteé wrote:I recently used coconut oil only to twist my hair after washing and I have the biggest and softest twist out - I love it! I am experimenting with different oils and butters using the same steps just to see the difference each one makes.
I'm doing the same thing with all the various curl definers I've purchased. And I'm noticing there really ain't a whole lot of difference in them.
avatar
yldthng

Posts : 201
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 53
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by tiashaunteé on 17th March 2011, 1:04 pm

yldthng wrote:
tiashaunteé wrote:I recently used coconut oil only to twist my hair after washing and I have the biggest and softest twist out - I love it! I am experimenting with different oils and butters using the same steps just to see the difference each one makes.
I'm doing the same thing with all the various curl definers I've purchased. And I'm noticing there really ain't a whole lot of difference in them.
Interesting....that is exactly what I am testing out. Shea butter is next on my list.
avatar
tiashaunteé

Posts : 4297
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by CiaE on 17th March 2011, 1:11 pm

JaliseH wrote:I put it on dry hair but then I sprayed it with water before I went to sleep. My hair detangled like a dream.
I anm trying this ASAP lol
I always wanted to try conditioner on dry hair.. i guess this weekend will be my trial lol
avatar
CiaE

Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by CiaE on 17th March 2011, 1:12 pm

@tiash i want to try using just CO to do my twist.... there is not a doubt that it wont be bouncy and shiny but im just a little scared that it wont be defined
avatar
CiaE

Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by yldthng on 17th March 2011, 1:13 pm

tiashaunteé wrote:Interesting....that is exactly what I am testing out. Shea butter is next on my list.
Funny thing is, when I use the same steps and products and only change the curl definer, there really ain't much difference in the curl the definer provides - at least with my hair. Now, if I can just convince the product junky in me of that.

I received my Shea Butter from SheaEssentials, but I haven't used it yet. I want to make a Shea Mix, I need to buy some essential oils first.
avatar
yldthng

Posts : 201
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 53
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by tiashaunteé on 17th March 2011, 1:16 pm

CiaE wrote:@tiash i want to try using just CO to do my twist.... there is not a doubt that it wont be bouncy and shiny but im just a little scared that it wont be defined

I use Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner to do my twists often and the definition comes out great. I do it on soaking wet hair.
avatar
tiashaunteé

Posts : 4297
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by CiaE on 17th March 2011, 1:44 pm

@tiash i use Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner for cowashes i will try for twist lol

@yld please share the results of ur mix when u do it =)
avatar
CiaE

Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by Umph on 17th March 2011, 9:36 pm

I try to do a pre-poo at least once a month. My hair loves it!
avatar
Umph

Posts : 329
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Condition a different way before you style =)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum